Gostisbehere

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
While Provorov had a great series, Gostisbehere was one of the biggest reasons the Flyers lost. I had heard Flyers fans say he's become great in his own end, but that clearly wasn't evident this series, whether he was getting worked in the corners or failing to pick up a guy around the net.

In 10 games against the Penguins this season, he managed to end up with a -14, which is almost hard to believe.

I would get excited every time I saw him on the ice 5v5, and I think the Penguins players did too. One of their most vanilla forwards, Riley Sheahan, was looking like Malkin every time Ghost was on him and trying moves I've never seen him pull.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
He's a train wreck without the puck. I can't think of many with such a talent discrepancy from offence to defence. Shades of early Karlsson.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He's always been bad defensively. The playoffs are where he shines at it.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He's a train wreck without the puck. I can't think of many with such a talent discrepancy from offence to defence. Shades of early Karlsson.

That’s not really true. An opinion born over a week rather than a year. Ghost has been our best defenseman this season, with emphasis on defence.

He had a rough series. Many did.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Why not? He’s had an excellent season at both ends of the ice. He was our best defenseman and one of the top offensive defensemen in the league too. He’s absolutely one of the best.

This entire forum is founded on the thought that only the last week matters.
You are saying this to the wrong person. I have been complaining about that all week. To be a top DMan you can't playeda sheltered role like he does.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
He had a bad series for sure, but he was amazing during the regular season. That includes defensively.

You don't write off one of the most dynamic young D in the league because of one bad playoff series against one of the league’s best offensive teams.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
For the Flyers fan claiming he was just bad the last 6 games:

He's just clueless as to what to do away from the puck.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
You are saying this to the wrong person. I have been complaining about that all week. To be a top DMan you can't playeda sheltered role like he does.

Look man, you don’t really know what you’re talking about here and you’re reiterating tired old platitudes that aren’t true.

Ghost has been a top line defenseman for some time now. He’s playing pretty much the same minutes as Provorov. Ghost is not sheltered.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Look man, you don’t really know what you’re talking about here and you’re reiterating tired old platitudes that aren’t true.

Ghost has been a top line defenseman for some time now. He’s playing pretty much the same minutes as Provorov. Ghost is not sheltered.

"Sheltered" refers to QOC (quality of competition) and Zone Starts. You're sheltered if you're playing 20+ min a game with low DZ starts, low QOC and little to no time on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad