Gostisbehere

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Oh, "everyone who disagrees with me is salty/ a hater." Solid defense.

I, for one, am very thankful the Flyers give big minutes to a guy who can't play in his own zone at an NHL-caliber level.

he's acknowledged around the entire league for being very good. you don't think one of the first conversations Sullivan had with his team was to shut down Ghost? quit being so ignorant. there isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't want him on their team. it's a total myth that he's poor defensively. advanced stats back this up too.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
he's acknowledged around the entire league for being very good. you don't think one of the first conversations Sullivan had with his team was to shut down Ghost? quit being so ignorant. there isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't want him on their team. it's a total myth that he's poor defensively. advanced stats back this up too.
No, honestly the Flyers don't have a player good enough to singularly focus on shutting down.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
In an ideal world the Flyers should be running something like this:

Provorov - XXX
Gostisbehere - Sanheim/Morin
Morin/Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg

With XXX being a guy like Jeff Petry, a really solid top 4 guy. Then during the season they can see how Sanheim and Morin develop, either they're happy with them or they consider bringing in someone at the deadline (maybe a hockey trade including whichever one of Sanheim/Morin they like the least).

Unfortunately they have MacDonald making $5 million. If they could pull of a trade for someone like Petry by sending MacDonald the other way then that would be huge (though I imagine that would cost). They have Filppula and Read coming off the cap this summer which frees up $8.625m, so maybe they can do something creative.

though in an ideal world for the Pens, they keep dressing MacDonald, Manning and Gudas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->