OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Foxboro only sold 13k for their match on Saturday. The fact that RBA is gonna outsell them by at least 5k on a weeknight is pretty impressive. I've gotten **** for saying this before but nobody actually cares about our women's team.

In friendlies, yes. I'll watch Olympic and WWorld Cup matches since it means something.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
To only get 13k on a Saturday just outside Boston is pretty poor though. Upper deck tickets at RBA are I think $29 so it's not like these games are ridiculously priced. And it's not like the women's team plays in the northeast all the time. I just figured there would be at least a bigger demand for the games but hey, tickets aren't my thing thankfully.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 1m
Daily Mirror: Wayne Rooney is preparing to inform David Moyes that he wants to remain at Manchester United -W.

Wazza <3

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I'm one of the three Red Bulls guys going down to Philly today to watch the supporters. If anyone is going don't be stupid and don't make me be mean. K, thanks

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Iraq scores in the final minute to tie England. Serves England right for playing the loathsome "fake-injury-to-kill-the-clock" trick.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Late to the party but I haven't made a comment on Moyes in here yet...

This gives me incentive to continue to hate United as much as I did when Fergie was boss. That is all.

Also, new Spanish forward at Liverpool. Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo. Huzzah.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Carlos Tevez is now a Juventus player.

Next year's lineup:

Carlos Tevez-Sebastian Giovinco

Arturo Vidal-Andrea Pirlo-Paul Pogba-Claudio Marchisio

Stephen Lichtsteiner-Giorgio Chielliini-Leonardo Bonucci-Andrea Barzagli

GG Buffon

I'm really excited to see if they can make it to the final four of Champions League next year with this squad.

Last edited:

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
I haven't been to a game yet. May not go all year even if I get my ban lifted. Saving $$$ for trips to Hartford for the Gold Cup game and Columbus against Mexico. Good reason, yes?

Also, what a dreadful performance this weekend. I didn't like that straight red either.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Still sounds like it doesn't guarantee he'll be here long term. Obviously just speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if he still jumps to Europe in a year or two. I'm sure he's already gotten some calls, but if the quality of teams calling improves....

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Yea, he already went on trial with West Ham last winter. This contract does 2 things. Makes whoever wants him have to buy him from KC and in the event he ever returns to MLS they keep his rights instead of going into the American waiver process.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Carlos Tevez is now a Juventus player.

Next year's lineup:

Carlos Tevez-Sebastian Giovinco

Arturo Vidal-Andrea Pirlo-Paul Pogba-Claudio Marchisio

Stephen Lichtsteiner-Giorgio Chielliini-Leonardo Bonucci-Andrea Barzagli

GG Buffon

I'm really excited to see if they can make it to the final four of Champions League next year with this squad.

Dat Midfield :amazed:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I doubt it. Red Bulls also never had a chance for him since he had to go through American re-entry waivers and we are near the back of that after using it on Robles last year.

The Way Chivas treats their players though he will probably be traded by the end of the summer window. I honestly feel bad for him going into that situation.

The Red Bulls are looking at CBs now that Pearce is out for the year though.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Henry the loan Red Bull to make ASG through fan voting

WQHV0NN.gif

Anyone gonna be at the Gold Cup tonight?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad