OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #16 - Tis the Season

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
More Lewandowski news (Man is he popular) (Not sure if all are true, just rumors)

Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 3m
BREAKING: Real Madrid and Dortmund reached agreement worth €30m for Lewandowski but player rejected the move. (Sky Italia) #Transfers

-Man Madrid fans must hate this guy

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 3h
Barcelona have made preliminary contact with Robert Lewandowski’s representatives. (Source: ESPN)

- Interesting, not sure if anything happens

FootballFacts101 ‏@FootballFact101 12 Jun
Manchester United are prepared to pay Robert Lewandowski £90,000 a week to convince him to move to England.

- Please get it done

I really like the guy, wish he just stayed at Dortmund because I like their club. Whatever you do, dont make me have to root against you by going to the Premier League, unless you come to Manchester United , then do that

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'll add to the discussion

Borussia Dortmund FF ‏@BVBfansFF 29m
Watzke said he doesn't know anything about an (rejected) agree with Real Madrid over Lewandowski! [@DerWestenSport] via @CMantera

Robert Lewandowski is more likely to leave in winter, not in summer! [BILD]

These rumors are funny to see but until something happens, I'm not putting stock into anything. My guess is, like BILD reported, Lewy will leave in the Winter.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'll add to the discussion

Watzke said he doesn't know anything about an (rejected) agree with Real Madrid over Lewandowski! [@DerWestenSport] via @CMantera

Robert Lewandowski is more likely to leave in winter, not in summer! [BILD]

These rumors are funny to see but until something happens, I'm not putting stock into anything. My guess is, like BILD reported, Lewy will leave in the Winter.

Not Lewy related but
ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 47m
United are finalising a package worth around £75 million with Real Madrid to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford. [espn]

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Not Lewy related but
ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 47m
United are finalising a package worth around £75 million with Real Madrid to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford. [espn]

That would be interesting, this along with his tweet today about all rumours of him renewing with Real Madrid being false are very intriguing.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
No reason this Honduras team should score on us. Their striker quit and they have injuries and suspensions. Should be the second easiest Hex game outside of the Jamaica home game

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I disagree. This Honduran team is better than the the Panamanian and Jamaican teams that we just faced. It will be a test. They will still likely bunker.

-----------------------------Noel Valladares-----------------------

Peralta----------Velasquez Colon-----Pablo Montes---------Izaguirre

------------------------Claros----------------Palacios--------------

Najar--------------------------Martinez-----------------------Espinoza

----------------------------------Costly--------------------------------

The back line is not all that impressive except for Izaguirre but Del
Palacios down they are all quality players. Najar, Martinez, and Espinoza are all very dangerous

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If Honduras is as badly wounded and depleted as people are saying, this isnt a good sign though 37 minutes. Yuck.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
If Honduras is as badly wounded and depleted as people are saying, this isnt a good sign though 37 minutes. Yuck.

Honduras has completely abdicated offensive possession. They are playing for a tie. It will be tough, but man Bradley looks great.

Dempsey has had some head scratchers last couple games.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Don't stop your American spirit now!!! Still 8,000 tickets left for the women's friendly against South Korea Thursday night at Red Bull Arena!

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Lovely match.

By lovely I mean 3pts.

By match I mean ugly.

Ugly 3pts = Pretty 3pts

Yeah, the entertainment factor was pretty low. And the officiating was like SCF OT.

Don't stop your American spirit now!!! Still 8,000 tickets left for the women's friendly against South Korea Thursday night at Red Bull Arena!

Holy crap, that's kindof embarrassing. I actually really enjoy watching the USWNT. I'm surprised too because NJ is a hotbed for girls soccer. :dunno:

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Foxboro only sold 13k for their match on Saturday. The fact that RBA is gonna outsell them by at least 5k on a weeknight is pretty impressive. I've gotten **** for saying this before but nobody actually cares about our women's team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad