OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #123 - USMNT, EPL, MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
LOL

Dave Martinez ‏@DaveMartinezNY 3m3 minutes ago
Curtis update: #RBNY spokesperson says Curtis is still employed by the club, no changes in team's Sporting dep't.

WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Also, Ali Curtis is pretty much a missing child at this moment.

Kristian Dyer tweeted yesterday that it appears Dennis Hamlett is acting as Sporting Director at the moment.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zizzo is the Lovejoy of the Red Bulls.

They couldn't find a better RB?

Some more Devils comparisons:

Veron - Blandisi
BWP - Palmieri
Felipe - Henrique
Royer - Bennett (?)
Muyl - Gionta
Collin - Quincey
Davis - Josefson
Kljestan - Hall
McCarty :shakehead - Zajac

That's all for now.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
My friend turned to me after the Kjlestan fiasco and said it was the worst penalty he has ever seen in his life, and he noted he coached a 10 year old girls team. That penalty was an absolute disgrace, and he did the same exact thing last year.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Posted elsewhere but will post it here too

Thoughts on the game:

Form: You could tell they were in pre-season form, which hurt us a lot given our playing style. It didn’t make as much of a difference for Vancouver as they were sitting back and defending most of the game. We are lucky that we got matched up against another MLS team.

Formation: Don’t want to jump to conclusions after 1 game, but I don’t think SK should be playing wide. He was the best player in the league last year in the middle. That’s where he should be IMO. I didn’t see his usual distribution and dribbling of the ball from his position last night.

Penalty Kick: What a disaster. After missing the PK in the playoffs and having the entire off season to think about it, you would expect him to bury the next PK he got. Absolutely unacceptable. I hate panekas, but at least lift the ball if you are going to do it. I think it should be Felipe taking the kicks from now on.

Veron: There is always debate about him. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this is his 3rd season now. I thought we would see something different from him as a striker but it’s just more of the same. We know what we are getting from him at this point. As usual, he created some chances but also blew some. I will say, he is a very good diver and draws a lot of fouls, which is arguably his best asset. You just expect more from someone who is getting a DP contract.

Suggestion: I doubt it will happen but I would like to see them try a 4-3-3 with SK as the CAM.

Veron-BWP-Royer
Felipe-SK-Davis
Back 4

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Zizzo is the Lovejoy of the Red Bulls.

They couldn't find a better RB?

Some more Devils comparisons:

Veron - Blandisi
BWP - Palmieri
Felipe - Henrique
Royer - Bennett (?)
Muyl - Gionta
Collin - Quincey
Davis - Josefson
Kljestan - Hall
McCarty :shakehead - Zajac

That's all for now.

I never wanted to see Zizzo on the field again after last season. They got Murillo on loan from San Fransisco (Panamanian team). He's young and very fast. He missed most of training so he's not ready yet since they just acquired him. He will be the starting RB for the rest of the year.

Also, Lawrence was suspended from yellow card accumulation last season. He will be the starting left back. Also, Perrinelle will probably be the other starting CB along with Collin. He missed most of training to after being signed late and having visa issues.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I thought Veron was okay last night. As for Kljestan's penalty... what ever happened to just putting your head down and kicking the ball as hard as you can? These tricks never work and he has missed two very important penalties now dating back to the playoffs last year. I would give Felipe the nod on the next one.

As far as formation, I agree Kljestan shouldn't be out wide. He had a bad game and was not a factor at all last night.

I would go with a 4-3-1-2

BWP-Veron

Kljestan

Felipe-Davis-Royer

Lawrence-Collin-DP-Murillo

Robles

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Just got my Red Bulls season ticket package in the mail and I was very impressed with the goodies they included. Excited for the season to start.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just got my Red Bulls season ticket package in the mail and I was very impressed with the goodies they included. Excited for the season to start.
As much as Austria is cheap on spending the one thing the team does absolutely right is take care of us STH's. Did you know in addition to the scarves and practice jerseys we are the only MLS team who includes playoff games and Open Cup games in your season ticket package? Why anyone would pay more and get far less for a boy ciddy ST to watch soccer at a baseball stadium is beyond me.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Went to the SheBelieves Cup games at RBA. Place was completely sold out with tixs on StubHub starting at $70. I lucked out as I called my rep yesterday and asked if they had anything left and was told they had a few obstructed single seats so I grabbed one. Was bitterly cold and to make matters worse the US actually lost to England on an 89th minute goal. And make no mistake about it: the result was fully deserved. US looked real bad and sloppy with the most concerning thing being that the players constantly made the wrong moves with choosing to send passes that were easily distrupted and terrible shots that had no shot at amounting to anything. Also the keeper didn't impress me as her distribution was poor although she did make a few decent saves. The other game was a scoreless draw between France and Germany. Germany controlled the game and deserved to win but France had their moments. Germans had a penalty and while the player struck it hard she sent it right at the keeper.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So the Curse of Cariccola has apparently been transfered to Atlanta. Serves their fans right for the puto chants on the goal kicks!!! Our best signing this offseason so far is our co leading scorer Owen Goal. Guy is one of the sport's all time legends!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So happy Royer got a nice goal. He's going to be great this season.

What a win last night. Atlanta's fans misbehaved but of course the worst fans are NYCFC getting in fights with the Orlando PD. They can't behave can t hey.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Boy City fans are the living breathing embodiment of everything that is wrong with American soccer: Pretentious, ignorant, entitled and all in on the cosplay hooligan garbage. When does the league drop sanctions on them as they literally cause problems everywhere they go?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think it's going to happen sooner than later they just just won't be allowed to buy tickets to away matches.

From this game alone, three arrested for assaulting a police officer and charged with first degree felonies (holy crap).

One arrested for vandalizing (breaking a seat off and stealing it) the stadium.

Another one stole an iPad from an Orlando fan's backpack. They used the find my iphone feature and saw that their iPad is currently in Queens haha.

Then, the Third Rail has the freaking balls to post a letter online demanding an apology from Orlando City for lax security at the match... saying that they weren't protected! Saying that Orlando fans were hurling homophobic slurs at them before, during, and after the game..... right...

They honestly are the worst.

Since they have come into the league, they've had large issues in Philadelphia, Chicago, Red Bull Arena, and now Orlando. They have had fans get arrested and tasered at Yankee Stadium for home games, they have stolen seats from at least two stadiums. They have a supporters group with ties to neo nazi right wing organizations. They aren't even trying to hide it. Their flags have nazi imagery on it and they have concerts with neo nazi bands! They showed up at the bar GSU hangs out at and they had weapons on them trying to start a fight.

I don't understand how this is happening.... do they see this happen in Europe and think it's awesome? The violence in Europe goes back over 100 years with political and religious ideologies. The Celtic vs Rangers rivalry in Scotland is all about income inequality, Catholic vs Protestant, Irish immigrant vs Scottish nationals and so on. North vs South Italy is all about class warfare. NYCFC fans are just morons. Maybe this will finally be a deterrent. One of the three that assaulted an officer is looking at a max of 35 years in jail. That's no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad