OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #122 - USMNT, MLS, CL, WWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Juve should send a thank you card to Valencia because they just took a ton out of Real Madrid in that game just now. Their gas tank might be close to E for Wednesday

Sick goal by Isco though

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Even BBC.com had an article about this "NY v NY" game tonight.

For ****s sake.

Go TEAM FROM NEW JERSEY THAT HAS ONLY KNOWN NJ AS A HOME.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Honestly by far the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event. I've been at red bulls games since Henry came, was at game 6 vs the Rangers in 2012, etc. this was amazing. I sat a section over from the NYCFC supporters so our section was about 50/50. We had a group of 11 with us and the back and forth was amazing. "Where is Lampard?" "Where's your stadium?" Even "Dos a cero" for a bit lmao. Incredible atmosphere and intensity for a regular season game. Can't wait to be at Yankee stadium on June 28

The actual game was great too. BWP, Sam, Dax, Felipe, Sacha, Lawrence, Perrinelle were all excellent

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Honestly by far the most fun I've ever had at a sporting event. I've been at red bulls games since Henry came, was at game 6 vs the Rangers in 2012, etc. this was amazing. I sat a section over from the NYCFC supporters so our section was about 50/50. We had a group of 11 with us and the back and forth was amazing. "Where is Lampard?" "Where's your stadium?" Even "Dos a cero" for a bit lmao. Incredible atmosphere and intensity for a regular season game. Can't wait to be at Yankee stadium on June 28

The actual game was great too. BWP, Sam, Dax, Felipe, Sacha, Lawrence, Perrinelle were all excellent

The Taxi (Lawrence) has pretty much stolen Miller's spot at this point. That game was AMAZING and I echo your sentiment about having the most fun at a sporting event. From the tailgate starting at 12pm to the game... what a day. The Third Rail ******* supporters marched by our tailgate and threw two smoke bombs at us. They NYCFC fans kept attempting to sneak into section 102 and were getting thrown out.

Then after the game they were all whining saying we are too excited and they are only an expansion team. What a bunch of losers haha. That was definitely one of the best game atmospheres that the MLS has ever seen and it was so much fun.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Dude, yes, I completely agree about Taxi. He was a savage yesterday. His tackle on Mix sprung that counter for the second BWP goal if you wanna take another look.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Dude, yes, I completely agree about Taxi. He was a savage yesterday. His tackle on Mix sprung that counter for the second BWP goal if you wanna take another look.

I saw! I've watched the highlights like ten times haha.

The geography BS has to stop. NYCFC- New York City. NY Red Bulls- New York Metro Area. Central and North Jersey are suburbs of New York City. It's not a big deal.

LA Galaxy play in Carson, Chicago Fire play in Bridgeview, Philly Union in Chester... Chelsea play in Fulham and not in Chelsea.

Last edited:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Interested to see how different this would have been if Robben, Ribery, and Alaba were playing, although it still might not have mattered with how poor Bayern's backline has been. Boateng continues to be dreadful.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Tevez would be great in MLS. He has yet to re-sign with Juventus so maybe he's waiting for the end of the season to decide.

James McLean looks to be heading to RBNY. He's a wacky individual but he is talented, young, and could slot in at LW where Grella (inconsistency) and Zizzo (injury) have failed to take the spot.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Honestly I am very much looking forward to seeing Suarez in the CL final. But add in that he's going up against two people that he's abused? This will be entertaining.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
15/16 kit is okay. like the red.

chelsea-15-16-home-kit.jpg

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
A miserable 8 days incoming...no wins in 10 and 1pt from 30.

Unreal but totally deserved by the staff of the club.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
This has been a real special season for Juventus. They are Serie A Champions for the 4th season in a row. They just won the Coppa Italia today.

Champions League Final on June 6. I am not hopeful that they will beat Barcelona... but after beating Real Madrid... anything's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad