OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #122 - USMNT, MLS, CL, WWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
sorry I never saw this. I left work early and went to the bar haha. I was there from 3 til 6.

No worries I had to stay until 5 anyway. Had a great time at the game. Was in SEC 124 and it was a much different MLS experience from what I'm used to at Yankee Stadium that's for sure :laugh:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Arsenal will most likely have 0 points after their first four games so I hope Arsene had fun starting Ospina today because that probably sent them to the Europa league.

Chelsea will still get out of the group but won't do anything after that. They stink, specifically Ivanovic.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I can't believe how bad English clubs have been in CL the last few years. Last year, Arsenal blew it with Monaco and this year they are off to a miserable start. Juventus can't get a win in Serie A but they beat Man City. Chelsea lost to a decent club (Porto) but they should not have.

Juve vs Seville today. Very nervous about that one.

Juve's lineup is going to be:

Buffon

Bonucci-Chiellini-Barzagli-Evra

Cuadrado-Khedira-Pogba-Hernanes

Morata-Dybala

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I can't believe how bad English clubs have been in CL the last few years. Last year, Arsenal blew it with Monaco and this year they are off to a miserable start. Juventus can't get a win in Serie A but they beat Man City. Chelsea lost to a decent club (Porto) but they should not have.

Juve vs Seville today. Very nervous about that one.

Juve's lineup is going to be:

Buffon

Bonucci-Chiellini-Barzagli-Evra

Cuadrado-Khedira-Pogba-Hernanes

Morata-Dybala

No reason for this but Evra :heart:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
It's a little ways off from the final lineup when everyone is healthy which will be:

Buffon

Alex Sandro-Chiellini-Bonucci-Lichtsteiner

Marchisio-Khedira-Pogba-Hernanes

Morata-Mandzukic

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
United went down early with some of the worst defending ever but lead 2-1 now. City is losing.

If results hold England would of lost 7 out of 8 group games total. Wow.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Juventus with their best effort of the year so far. Khedira and Morata are back. Morata has scored in the last 5 games (both Real Madrid, final vs Barca, Man City, and Sevilla). Marchisio and Mandzukic are in training and will be back soon. EXCITING!

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
IT'S HAPPENING.

RodgersKlopp.jpg

klopppppp.jpg

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
That would be really cool if Klopp took the Liverpool job.

GREAT win by the Red Bulls on Saturday... and good job bouncing back after another Perrinelle own goal.

I was very nervous with Lade and Zizzo a left and right back but they both surprised me.
Zubar was good too.

The only thing I can say on the negative side is that this team needs to get their act together on finishing some chances. They could have easily had 4-5 goals. The last 15 minutes would have been much less intense.

DevRickus

Damon Severson Fan Club President
Apr 10, 2007
Boonton, NJ
I would love to make any excuse as to what happened to Man Utd yesterday but I have nothing. They were playing so well heading into that game and just got throttled right off the jump. Maybe it was just one of those games but will be interested to see how they handle that loss going into the next game vs Everton after the international break.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
I remember on this board when people told me last summer Brendan Rodgers and Mario Balotelli were going to lead Liverpool to the promised land.. good times :laugh:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
BIG match for the Red Bulls tonight. This is a game in hand the team has on a lot of teams chasing them for the shield so a win would be huge.

I am really excited to see Didier Drogba up close. I hope Zubar and Perrinelle can contain him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad