OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #122 - USMNT, MLS, CL, WWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Also... to anyone who is free tonight, tickets on Stubhub are $6 for this match. Parking is free in Ironbound (10 min walk to stadium) or $10 right next to the stadium. This is a really cheap night out to watch the best team in MLS.

If anyone is free tonight, go to the game! If anyone needs pre-post game hang out info, directions to the arena, parking help, ANYTHING, inbox me and I will be glad to help!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The finishing has been a problem. Even in the Columbus game last weekend they had four or five chances that they couldn't finish and Robles had to come up with a huge save at the end.

We also suck at breaking down good defenses.

Not cool to see Sacha go after Veron like that at the end of the game. I hope they reconciled in the locker room.

Anyway, THREE POINTS! One more point locks up the east and if I am not mistaken, one more win locks up the Shield!

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Red Bulls win helps keep NYCFC playoff chances alive at 0.5% :laugh:

Need Impact to lose their remaining games and NYCFC to win both their games. Impact can tie one game but if they get 2 points I think it still eliminates NYCFC.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
If the US scores a late winner my celebrations will wake up my kid.

If she doesnt want to be awaken then she should stay awake, I say!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
US loses in the last minute of OT, the Devils are predicably awful and the Mets/umps hand one away...gee what a wonderful sports day.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
One of the most heartbreaking losses i have experienced in a long time. I dont thibk usa deserved to win though. They didnt create that many chances. Mexico was pressing the last 20 mins of regulation. Usa players were tired, i cant belive they tied it up in extra time. But i thought it would at least be pks after Wood tied it.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
One of the most heartbreaking losses i have experienced in a long time. I dont thibk usa deserved to win though. They didnt create that many chances. Mexico was pressing the last 20 mins of regulation. Usa players were tired, i cant belive they tied it up in extra time. But i thought it would at least be pks after Wood tied it.

USA players were tired because they still rely on WAY too many guys who are in their early or mid 30's. Dempsey, Jones, Beasley, Beckerman are all guys who should be replaced pretty soon. By who? I have no idea. Klinsmann seems to play favorites a lot and revert back to World Cup lineups for bigger games. The strategy tonight was embarrassing. They treated Mexico like they were Germany or Argentina and just sat back, when in reality Mexico really isn't that much better than the U.S, especially with dos Santos out and Guardado not at 100%.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Its a Tuesday night...it's meaningless...the USMNT hasnt had a good 2015 in games that count...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Its a Tuesday night...it's meaningless...the USMNT hasnt had a good 2015 in games that count...

People know to stay away from this area on a weeknight by now. The game hasn't been advertised whatsoever. Someone asked me what was going on at RBA tonight (a few days ago) and I said I thought it was Costa Rica/Ecuador or something.

Add to that the team blows and this is a meaningless game. I can't even find mention of the match on the Red Bulls website.

The tickets are also too expensive. $45 plus to sit in the upper level is stupid. Part of the attractiveness of soccer is that it is relatively affordable.... Jacking up the prices for a friendly takes all of the casual fans out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad