OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #122 - USMNT, MLS, CL, WWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Not to mention... these kits are freaking gorgeous

hi-res-8abba03feb0ec1618c37c0dc311ff37f_crop_north.jpg

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
EPL is crap football, it is a league predicated on pace with no real tactics.

It is why they do so badly in European competition and why their national team struggles so much.

They have by far the most difficult schedule + still only 1 less CL win than spain, 2 fewer UEFA cup wins than spain+italy (tied)

hardly as big of a deal as you make it out to be

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
England didnt do themselves any favors today....

It would be an unimaginable disaster if the PL lost 4 spots.

I would imagine the CL would change qualification rules if this happened. Theyve tinkered w the system in the past...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's also a bad year with who England sent. City for some reason isn't good in CL.

Chelsea is a mess right now. United isn't what it was when Fergie ruled the roost and Aresonal refuses to spend money.

Last edited:

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
PL clubs have to spend absurd amounts of money simply to stand still. Could not imagine what would happen if only 3 made it to CL. The spending by one of Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea would not be sustainable. who knows if Liverpool and Spurs, even w larger stadiums, could spend what it would take.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
PL clubs have to spend absurd amounts of money simply to stand still. Could not imagine what would happen if only 3 made it to CL. The spending by one of Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea would not be sustainable. who knows if Liverpool and Spurs, even w larger stadiums, could spend what it would take.

I read somewhere that Real has some real debt issues. Maybe the treasure chests in Spain aren't as unlimited as it seemed for a time.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown

>Spurs
>Spend

lol

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
>Spurs
>Spend

lol

The spending expectations will increase once their stadium is expanded.

Cant forget that Chelsea is planning on expanding too.

West Ham is moving to the Olympic stadium...Man City is expanding....

Newcastle was the 3rd biggest ground after Old Trafford and Emirates and they could be 7/8th after this wave of stadium expansion is done.

Virtually no chance of CL football with 4 spots already...larger stadiums of competitors and one less spot? Absolutely no chance for Newcastle. West Ham would have a greater chance because of a love of being London-based from a foreign player pov.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
From Yesterday:

GREAT showing from Roma against Barca. Their fans were deafening and the team really responded on the pitch. That goal from Alessandro Florenzi was unbelievable. Coming out of that match with 1 point is massive.

TERRIBLE showing from the Red Bulls. That ref lost control of the game right away and handed out 8-9 yellow cards total. No McCarty or Lade for the match in Portland. I really want to see Veron get a start. I have liked everything Marsch has done this season but he really needs to give SWP and Veron a start and stop waiting til the 75-80th minute to sub Veron in. He's a playmaker. He's not going to come in with 10 minutes to go and score a goal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The spending expectations will increase once their stadium is expanded.

Cant forget that Chelsea is planning on expanding too.

West Ham is moving to the Olympic stadium...Man City is expanding....

Newcastle was the 3rd biggest ground after Old Trafford and Emirates and they could be 7/8th after this wave of stadium expansion is done.

Virtually no chance of CL football with 4 spots already...larger stadiums of competitors and one less spot? Absolutely no chance for Newcastle. West Ham would have a greater chance because of a love of being London-based from a foreign player pov.

Add on United and their seemingly unlimited money.

Man Arsenal going to have to actually spend themselves at some point.

Also agree that the kits pictured above are awesome looking.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
He is going to be a key cog for gli Azzurri.

I certainly hope so. He looks like he can help them after seeing what they've been putting up top for the past few games. It's a real shame that Balotelli looks like he's about to bottom out. Maybe he comes to MLS and breaks back into the swuad too :sarcasm:

What does worry me about Gio doing so well and possibly becoming a player again for the national team is that a Euro team scoops him up.

Rutgers Women's soccer 8-0 and no goals allowed.

Damn, that is impressive. Good to read

Beetlebum*

I certainly hope so. He looks like he can help them after seeing what they've been putting up top for the past few games. It's a real shame that Balotelli looks like he's about to bottom out. Maybe he comes to MLS and breaks back into the swuad too :sarcasm:

What does worry me about Gio doing so well and possibly becoming a player again for the national team is that a Euro team scoops him up.

Damn, that is impressive. Good to read

Balo is going to turn it around, I don't think he was given a fair shake with Liverpool, which was a combination of his actions, but also a bit of bias by management.

Conte just needs to pick the best players, which he has not done. Berardi, Rossi (when healthy), and Balo need to be on the squad.

By the way, this Roma Sassuolo game is great.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Balo is going to turn it around, I don't think he was given a fair shake with Liverpool, which was a combination of his actions, but also a bit of bias by management.

I don't understand this logic. Why would Rodgers invest £16m in a player and then "not treat him fairly?"

Balotelli didn't play because he was awful and didn't take his role seriously. He cares more about being a celebrity and an attention ***** than a proper footballer.

If he ever plays outside of Italy ever again, it will be in MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad