Golden Knights Developmental Camp Schedule

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Wow Brannstrom is actually coming over. Maybe he plans on the AHL next year as I thought SHL guys don't come to these things.

I think the SHL for another year or two would actually be better for his development. Gain strength in a less demanding league than the AHL which is the most physical in the world.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Another center.

I wonder why the Knights have drafted and invited so many centers. There must be a skill set they're looking for.

Most juniors Centers don't play center if they make it to the pro's, at least not initially. Center / defense is the most demanding positions in the league. You ease young guys in at wing, unless they have adult strength, a supreme two way game, and excellent faceoff ability.

That cancels out most prospects.

Hell, even Glass probably starts his pro career on the wing unless he gains 20 pounds of muscle over the next two years.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Coghlan might be a good signing if he has a good showing.

Didn't expect to see Dugan and Campoli due to their NCAA commitments next year.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Glad to see Tuch and Kolesar on the list. Signed up for the Friday scrimmage, we'll see if I get on the list; I am sure Friday will be popular.

If all else fails, you can hang out at Brooksy's and watch behind the glass if they're on the north rink. LVIC isn't a huge place, I'm sure you'll see someone.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So I'm bored and have a stalker streak.

They'll be on the South Rink on Monday and the North Rink every other day. If you're not on the list, you should be able jump into the bar and watch through the windows.

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Didn't expect to see Dugan and Campoli due to their NCAA commitments next year.

As long as they pay their own way, I think it's all cool. Only allowed a certain amount of comps they can accept as well (shirts, jerseys, etc.).

This is from College Hockey Inc.:

CAN I ATTEND AN NHL TEAM'S SUMMER DEVELOPMENT CAMP?

NCAA prospects or current players may attend NHL summer development camps, or prospect camps, but must pay their own way (transportation, lodging, food, etc.) and current players may not miss class to do so.

There is an opportunity, similar to the 48-hour rule (see above), to have an NHL team pay a portion of a player's stay at development camp on a one-time-per-team basis. The 48-hour period begins when you arrive at the team's facility and ends exactly 48 hours later. While in attendance the team can supply you with expenses that include travel, hotel, food, equipment, and all costs associated with practice and off-ice training. A player would have to cover all costs after that 48-hour period, including return transportation home.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Yep. College commits can't get paid for travel, accommodations or anything.

If everything is on their dime, they can come every year even as Sophs, Juniors, and Seniors.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Local twitter media was all over it.

I haven't seen an article yet.

Try @SinbinVegas and @JesseGranger_

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anyone get notified that they were put on the list to spectate? I signed up for Friday but still haven't gotten anything.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Tuch is the guy to watch. He's gonna be good. All the tools to be a goal scoring power forward similar to Coyle IMO.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
If all else fails, you can hang out at Brooksy's and watch behind the glass if they're on the north rink. LVIC isn't a huge place, I'm sure you'll see someone.

Will be there Friday. Hell, even if I get into the crowd or whatever it is I'll probably end up over at Brooksy's, allure of cold beer and all that.

If any of you attend I'll be wearin a white Knights cap (along with 10+ others I'm sure), hope to run into some of you.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Anyone get notified that they were put on the list to spectate? I signed up for Friday but still haven't gotten anything.

Read elsewhere that it seems no one is getting confirmations.

I RSVPed for a session tomorrow (Thursday), but haven't gotten anything, so I guess I'll just show up and see what happens.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Update.

Just back from the 11:30 AM session.

When you enter the Ice Center there's a table where they ask if you've RSVPed and your name. They had my name even though I never got a confirmation.

Slap on a wristband and good to go.

Counted only about 50 folks attending this session, and estimate there were bleacher seats for about three times that many so I imagine anyone who showed would get in.

Maybe more will attend the scrimmages and maybe some who RSVPed and didn't get confirmed didn't come this morning.

Session started about 15 minutes early and only lasted 1/2 hour...too bad!

Guess they had to load up the boys and get them fed and back before the 4 PM scrimmage.

Saw McPhee on the phone outside the center as I went in...maybe working on a trade. :)

Coach Gallant was on ice observing the session.

Quick notes from this short session...Suzuki is quick, had a nice goal and assist during 3-on-1 drills. Dmitri Osipov is a big dude. So is Tuch. And all the players were super intense and attentive, surely knowing this is a nice opportunity to showcase their skills.

That's all!

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Tell me about Osipov.

Size seems to be the only thing going for him. 12 points as a career high through your whole WHL career is just absolutely terrible.

Goons used to get 3x as many points as that even as defenders.

Is he like Suter defensively or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad