GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Canada 5, United States 6 (OT) • Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Sorry no pass.
You are identifying a guy who hasnt been anywhere near the worse Canadian forward.

Agreed, he hasnt been. He is on the top line though, and FAR more is expected of him. He should be competeing for BEST Canadian forward.

Instead he is turning the puck over and giving the Americans a handful of chances.

Sorry, Kadri is held to a higher standard for me. As he should be. Just like I hold Alfie and Spezza to a higher standard on the Sens.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Originally Posted by Trxjw
How exactly do you hit someone from behind, when you're coming at him perpendicularly? The hit was clean, shoulder to shoulder.

Seemed more of a right angle, maybe slightly acute.

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
2-2 rofl. See how moronic we both appear when we gloat before the game is done?

LOL your fellow Canadien citizens started doing it after the first goal.

And to those of you Canadien fans that keep using the Canada wasn't trying excuse for the NYE game, did they not try in that period as well? It is a 2-2 game so clearly there was no effort put in by Team Canada :shakehead. You people make me sick. Admit there is a team that can hang with yours. I know it is a small percentage of Canadien fans that think this way but I just had to say that.

Also, I think it is tough to blame Allen for the second goal. Terrible turnover, Terrible defense. He possibly could have stopped it but I'd have to put the blame on the D.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
i think the problem is inherent with reffing. the refs dont want to appear to be homers, so they may overcompensate. that being said dont be surprised if canada gets some pp's as the game goes on.

also, canada hasnt been nearly as disciplined as in the past. they have to get it back together. most of the penalties were good calls, but the 10 minute call wasnt.

VL

Sep 22, 2009
The Pale Blue Dot
Kadri's had a great game today... all the Sens fans should grow up and start cheering for Canada and stop whining...
If anyones turning the puck over (as obvious from the goals today) its Schenn and Hall.

You'd think that for at least one night, people would realise that Kadri's wearing red and white out there, not blue and white. Hall really needs to learn how to use his linemates more. It was frustrating to watch him try to stickhandle from the defensive zone to the red line when all he had to do was chip the puck ahead or pass it. If he hangs on to the puck that long in the NHL, he's going to get nailed hard and cough up the puck.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Only bad call so far was on Dellarovere. Stop your whining. Canada has 11 more minutes without their best defenseman, but that's when depth is supposed to step in. They outshot USA 13-5 and need to keep it up.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Penalties: first was by the Swedish ref (white helmet strap) and second by Finnish ref (black helmet strap).

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
Agreed, he hasnt been. He is on the top line though, and FAR more is expected of him. He should be competeing for BEST Canadian forward.

Instead he is turning the puck over and giving the Americans a handful of chances.

Can you shut the **** up please? Is it so hard to put away your homer glasses and just cheer for Canada? How would you like it if every other post here was leafs fans hating on Cowan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad