GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Canada 5, United States 6 (OT) • Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Well, good thing is, when Canada wins the Americans can't blame it on the refs.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Nice to see Tom "The Worst Ref In Finland" Laaksonen is ruining games on an international level as well now. If Finland can't play in the finals, this is our way of saying "**** you world!".

I'm supporting for U.S. because Canada has won to much already. 5 in a row is more than enough for them.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Typical Canadian response.

Whenever the US gets something good, it's because Canada made a mistake, never because the Americans converted on their chance.

When the US was beating Canada on 12/31, it was because Canada was sucking, not because the US were playing great hockey.

You just can't give these guys credit, can you?

:shakehead

It's not a typical Canadian response...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That was far from a rocket in my eyes. Goalies at this level need to have wristers from that far out that are unscreened. End of story really. I'll give him a pass on the second goal but the first one was a definite softy. Both goalies took the first period off.

I'm not saying the shot speed was a rocket.

But Kreider's ability to get his wrist shot off is amazingly fast. So fast that Allen could hardly react.

bigtimehockeyfan

Nov 26, 2009
Hall slid then tried to avoid the hit making the hit kinda look like it was from behind. That **** was clean guys

Valhoun*

Well, it's international reffing, not really junior hockey reffing.

And they are letting the boys play, for the most part. There have been a lot of big hits so far.

The quality of play has been pretty good. But, then again, I've been watching the Flyers over the last few months.

I think I'll have to watch more Junior and International hockey. Do Canadians get to watch the OHL in HD?

Jesus

Oct 5, 2006
Pietrangelo call was legit.

Second Canada goal was a bit lucky.

But Allen should have had at least that second goal.

And for the love of all that is holy can we all please stop *****ing about the reffing already. My god it is pathetic (the whining that is).

Davebo*

Typical Canadian response.

Whenever the US gets something good, it's because Canada made a mistake, never because the Americans converted on their chance.

When the US was beating Canada on 12/31, it was because Canada was sucking, not because the US were playing great hockey.

You just can't give these guys credit, can you?

I'll give credit when it's due. In - oh - a couple of periods from now.

Considering how we came out tonight vs how we came out on the 31st - of course we were sucking then.

You got to our goalie tonight, with him letting in a couple of softies. Otherwise we're up a pair. If you can't see the contrast between the two games - well - no hope for you...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I agree with the penalty, but by the same standard the American player should have been called for the hit from behind on Hall.

What hit are you talking about? The Carlson hit on Hall where he killed him along the side boards or the Donovan (I think) hit on Hall behind the US net?

The Donovan hit on hall, which came earlier, was from behind but it wasn't a hard hit (more of a tap) and it looked like Hall just lost his edge.

The Carlson hit was a gorgeous hit, shoulder to shoulder.

eldiablo17

Aug 22, 2007
Yes, but they missed the hit from behind on Hall :shakehead

I want Canada to win more than anyone but Hall turned into that. He saw the hit coming and turned, stupid and dangerous play by him and good non-call, the ref was right there behind the net watching it happen.

The reffing has been pretty good. They have been letting them play and a great non-call made on the US breakaway.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
:laugh:

He almost turned it over AGAIN. Lucky bounce on that one though.

He makes too many low probability passes

Are you watching the game or just looking for things to say about Kadri?
Pathetic....
How did you like Cowan watching (while dressed) from the bench last few games :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad