GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Canada 5, United States 6 (OT) • Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
Woho it's 3 AM I have school tomorrow, but I don't give a ****!
Awsome game!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What hit are you talking about? The Carlson hit on Hall where he killed him along the side boards or the Donovan (I think) hit on Hall behind the US net?

The Donovan hit on hall, which came earlier, was from behind but it wasn't a hard hit (more of a tap) and it looked like Hall just lost his edge.

The Carlson hit was a gorgeous hit, shoulder to shoulder.

The one in the corner...I didn't see which player hit him, but by your description it was Donovan.

japper

Jan 1, 2009
Great game!
I'm loving every minute of it.
Will get no, NO sleep at all this night and so far it is absolutely worth it!

Thank you Canada!
Thank you USA!

Love hockey fans.

Actually have the game on TV, and also watching it on SVT1!

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Kadri's had a great game today... all the Sens fans should grow up and start cheering for Canada and stop whining...
If anyones turning the puck over (as obvious from the goals today) its Schenn and Hall.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The one in the corner...I didn't see which player hit him, but by your description it was Donovan.

I think it was Donovan as well. It was borderline, as Hall saw Donovan coming and turned at the last second. Donovan held up and really just touched him a bit. Didn't plaster him into the boards or anything.

It was a good non-call, really, as Hall created the problem by turning.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Are you watching the game or just looking for things to say about Kadri?
Pathetic....
How did you like Cowan watching (while dressed) from the bench last few games :laugh:

Kadri has made some good plays but bad decisions with the puck he needs to play better though. Although I tend to believe it has more to do because of the team he was drafted by.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Lots of crying in here about a clean hit

Clean or not clean, it's not going to change unless CAN takes a lead, or a similar call goes against the US...which is stupid either way.

I wish more people would talk about how exciting the first period was. USA quick as all heck and CAN very skillful with the puck.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Are you watching the game or just looking for things to say about Kadri?
Pathetic....
How did you like Cowan watching (while dressed) from the bench last few games :laugh:

As I said earlier, Cowen hasnt deserved to play. I dont give a **** what teams these guys MIGHT play for in the future. They are wearing a Canadian jersey.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
USA supplies the cheese....Canadians supply the WHINE! I dont think the Della Rovere penalty was a penalty, but the rest of the game seemed fair so far. For all those ripping Allen for those goals, I dont think you have a CHL Goalie that would've save them either.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Wow people have a short memory.

Hall turned on his back and moved his upper body forward to avoid the hit, that's why it looks like a hit from behind. It was clean.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
How exactly do you hit someone from behind, when you're coming at him perpendicularly? The hit was clean, shoulder to shoulder.

He's talking about the hit behind the US net in the corner. Not the Carlson hit along the boards.

The hit (I believe it was by Donavon) he's referencing WAS from behind, but Hall turned and Donavon held up enough to really only lightly hit the guy. Hall lost an edge and faceplanted. It was a good non-call, though.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
As I said earlier, Cowen hasnt deserved to play. I dont give a **** what teams these guys MIGHT play for in the future. They are wearing a Canadian jersey.

Sorry no pass.
You are identifying a guy who hasnt been anywhere near the worse Canadian forward.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
How exactly do you hit someone from behind, when you're coming at him perpendicularly? The hit was clean, shoulder to shoulder.

I think you're thinking of the wrong hit. I'm talking about the one where Hall was in the corner and (apparently) Donovan hit him. He hit him in the numbers and Hall went down into the boards. By IIHF rules, that's a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad