GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Sweden 1, Russia 0 (OT) • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
You're upset with the fans when it's the player that's showing such poor sportsmanship and disrespect for the tournament.

Sorry, where was Kuznetsov's poor sportsmanship?
Which is worse, a 19 year old kid celebrating a goal, or a whole adult crowd booing a 19 year old kid?

****ing seriously.

Stay classy Canada.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Because luck was the key in the Russians win against canada...

Yeah, getting outshot over 2 to 1, deflecting 3 in off of our own players, and us hitting the post 4 times in the game, means luck was on the Russians side. I'm not going to get into a debate about it though, this is Swedens moment. Hope you enjoyed the relegation round. :sarcasm:

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
You're upset with the fans when it's the player that's showing such poor sportsmanship and disrespect for the tournament.

Kuznetsov just lost the gold after a hard fought game, I think we all know it's a heat of the moment kind of thing..I'm not saying it's not disrespectful, but really? Booing the goalie that played out of his mind against your team a couple of days ago?

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
TO ALL YOU SWEDES. CONGRATULATIONS!!! and in 2 years I better see your country cheer on Canada because millions across our nation were praying for you!!! THANK YOU SWEDEN!!! :) Du suger ryssland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
well russians will have home ice advantage next year with Yukapov and Grigorienko having more impact if they don't make their NHL teams.

Paul MacLeans stache

Dec 23, 2004
On the ice
Pretty classless and unsportsmanlike to not even take the silver medals around your neck. Just remember there are 8 other teams that would love to be in your shoes. I am glad the Russians lost, especially after this dispicable show of sportsmanship.

The best team won. Plain and simple, glad to see Sweden break the streak.

hockey eh

Jun 9, 2011
Most over used words when dealing with fans. Class and lack of class. Get over it, it's a sporting event people cheer and boo. These guys are young but let's not overly coddle them. Most could already enter the army for cryin out loud. Sporting events are as much about atmosphere as it is the game otherwise everyone would just watch sports from their couchs and not arenas and bars so stop boo hoo'ing over boo hoo'ing.

velardiRUS

Jan 5, 2012
Russia, Vologda
Congratulations to Team Sweden. Russia can not play with the Canadians to the finals, it is difficult to tune in when the main rival is defeated.

TheSpaceman

Sep 1, 2009
I dislike Russia, but I truly like Sweden, its not the fact that they were playing a team I didnt like. I am more happy for Sweden to win than Russia to lose.

Go Swedes! and for you crazy folks up at 2-3 in the morning crack a beer and celebrate!

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
And Zibanejad with the game winner in the ot of the gold medal game. Not even spielberg could have directed this tourney better. I said all night Zibanejad would score the game winner and show everyone why he's considered such a prospect.
Waited so long.. This team just.. wow.. GOLD!!!!!!!

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Sorry, where was Kuznetsov's poor sportsmanship?
Which is worse, a 19 year old kid celebrating a goal, or a whole adult crowd booing a 19 year old kid?

****ing seriously.

Stay classy Canada.

Dont lump us all into that group. I'm Canadian and I absolutely agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad