GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • III (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
The goals are not Fucale's fault...look at most of the goals and where Team Canada players are...the crease is so full he can't move. I understand collapse, but there are literally 6 Canadian players in the crease on most of the Russian goals.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Goes for a hit where it's questionable if it was clean or not, Russia proceeds to score on penalty and then add 2 more...yeup, as much as Canucks fans hate to hear it, that penalty is a big part of Russia's comeback. It gave them life right as Canada was about to run away with it.

Penalty's were inevitable, what if it was domi's penalty earlier.

Gauthier scoring on his own net how about that??

Blaming one play sounds so uneducated and I am not even a canucks fan.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Someone should tell Canada's defense to stop trying to get a goal and play...you know...defense. Pinching with no support over and over has opened this game back up.

That, and Fucale never handling a rebound before in his life. He just drops them like Christmas gifts right into the top of the crease. Terrible rebound control.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Oh, this is tough. But this team is strong, believe!

I BELIEVE FOR A GREAT 3RD PERIOD FROM TEAM CANADA!! GO CANADA!

The whole rink is in disbelief. The pressure might be too much for the team.

Time for a big player to stand up. Reinhart?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
McDavid wasn't on the ice because we took too many penalties not because the coach stopped putting him on the ice after the goal.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Defense is starstruck. Bowey if you wanted to be a forward so bad you should have told your father to register you as a forward not defense. So many pinches that have resulted into a goal.

He has been horrible. This game is insane. 20 minutes left. If we lose we have no one to blame but ourselves. And, why is Canada so scared to change our goalies? Always scared.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Clean, not late, puck there, shoulder hit.

Perfect hit

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
Canada fans please be positive we have 1 period to play and it's 5-4 for us. Obviously there will be some adjustements and we'll win this game .

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
HugeCaringAsianelephant.gif

This is a penalty.. even in the NHL.. so obviously it would be in the IIHF. Not seen in the gif is Virtanen reading the play from behind the net and building up speed to just run this guy. He could have made a smart play and just used the body a little bit and gotten the puck, but no, he had to run the guy.

Wait a minute...you mean someone skated, hard, to get to where the puck is, and hit the guy with the puck? Dear god, make the madness stop. That was a clean hit.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

This is a penalty.. even in the NHL.. so obviously it would be in the IIHF. Not seen in the gif is Virtanen reading the play from behind the net and building up speed to just run this guy. He could have made a smart play and just used the body a little bit and gotten the puck, but no, he had to run the guy.

No. Thats not a penalty.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
they were all legit penalties don't know why ppl are *****ing so much

The refs are missing one hell of a lot of infractions the Russians are making. Put the whistles away for one team, yet call the other team for everything? Got to be consistent for both sides.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
What gets me isn't that they called those penalties, is that those exact same plays happened five times each for both teams earlier in the game and went uncalled.

You can't set the precedant that the whistles will be swallowed and then randomly start calling a tight game. That's a joke. Pick one. I have no idea what's a penalty in this game... it's been a hooking, charging, and tripping affair for 40 minutes and 30 minutes in they started to call penalties.

What a joke.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013

Not seeing it. This would NEVER get called in the NHL. It's a clean hit.

The rest of the penalties have definitely been deserved though.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
The thing that pisses me off isn't the calls that have gone aganist Canada, but rather the calls that haven't gone against Russia. It's a ****ing joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad