GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • III (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
Russia would be tied or winning right now if they didnt pull their goalie off of 2 unstoppable shots 3 minutes in. Terrible coaching move, he should have just called the time out.

Agree with this. Looks bad in hindsight. Though, after that move, the Russians really turned up the heat in the first and have been the more dangerous team (except for a 5 min span in the 2nd) ever since

To be honest, I might put him back out for the third...

lawrence

May 19, 2012
that said...

Mckenzie did say one thing... that if Canada is to win, Fucale needs to be great.

He`s far from that right now, outright terrible, just like last year.

team spots him a 5 goal lead, its now 5-4.

that said, you give one team 4 straight powerplays, on questionable calls, cmon, the Virtannen and Domi are routine hits. Canada did the same thing against russians in previous gold medal games.

but this time it`s a penalty.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Fucale isn't very good. I've said this the last few years, and it sounds like I'm right.

When was he ever good anyway? his best sv% in juniors is a .909 and he's played on some amazing teams... he's a below average goalie.

Baro

Jan 3, 2013
Canada wins 10-4
Canada will win (not 10-4, but win) if Bowey never sees the ice again. I don't care how many goals he's scored. Since the first day of the tournament I've wanted to throw up every time I saw him. Ugh. :( :( :(

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Lol always excuses with you, called it before the game, you will blame the refs, fucale, team canada headquarters, mcdavid sucking
Cant admit that russia just OWNED YOU

Am I missing something? Can you explain how losing by one goal equates to "owning" another team?

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
When will Hockey Canada learn that you can't just take 4 scoring lines and expect to win, you need a bottom 6 of grinders, like an actual TEAM. You have to consider roles, not just take the best 20 players. Hockey Canada messing up again

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Stop blaming the refs. Canada has done this to themselves. Let's hope they can adjust.

Bluejaysfan*

Penalty's were inevitable, what if it was domi's penalty earlier.

Gauthier scoring on his own net how about that??

Blaming one play sounds so uneducated and I am not even a canucks fan.

"Blaming one play sounds so uneducated and I am not even a canucks fan"

Proceeds to point out Gauthier scoring in his own net and ignores when others point that out to.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Yup Gauthier hasn't been very good, he's good on the draws but lacks the skill to be useful offensively and the speed to be a good shutdown guy against the top teams.

He shouldn't have made this team last year or this year IMO, but it is what it is.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
Goes for a hit where it's questionable if it was clean or not, Russia proceeds to score on penalty and then add 2 more...yeup, as much as Canucks fans hate to hear it, that penalty is a big part of Russia's comeback. It gave them life right as Canada was about to run away with it.

I agree that the penalty is where the turnaround began for Russia. But it was a bad call, so not his fault. Virtanen's made many hits like that all tournament which have been perfectly fine. Why randomly call this one? And boarding? Give me a break.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Hahaha for a second I almost thought that Renberg and Lindros were gonna kiss each other! Bromance brooming, legion of doom bruh... where's LeClair at though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad