GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • III (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebo*

We'll be fine. Kill off this penalty - get another goal. And when we do get the momentum back - play with frigging control!

Beaunett

Dec 29, 2014
North
Defense is starstruck. Bowey if you wanted to be a forward so bad you should have told your father to register you as a forward not defense. So many pinches that have resulted into a goal.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Those penalties were the right calls.

Fucale is terrible. what a terrible player. This is an epic collapse.

Does that mean we can conclude that McDavid and Nurse are bad leaders and players? That's the logic used with the leafs and Kessel and Phaneuf.

Virtanen did nothing wrong.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
lol @ ''juicy rebounds'' comments....Russia takes a good hard shot, what can you do when you have your 2 D standing within 1 feet of you in the crease who will score in their own net? Or when the team takes penalties after penalties?

Anyway at this point, I agree that Fucale needs to be pulled just because his confidenceis probably shattered or to try to switch the momentum.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
And the Gauthier line needs to **** off. Yeah they cycle down low, but they generate no offense and are collectively way too slow to catch up/prevent Russia's breakout. It felt like I saw Gauthier et al twice as much as I saw McDavid.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
classic russia-canada game so far. this rivalry always produces interesting games

Richter915

Feb 2, 2010
Oh, this is tough. But this team is strong, believe!

I BELIEVE FOR A GREAT 3RD PERIOD FROM TEAM CANADA!! GO CANADA!
how dare you steal our great motivational word "believe"? USA sports has full ownership of believe and all things believe-related.

Aceonfire*

Can we make Morin-Heatherington a pair since they're not playing abysmal, and leave Bowey-Hicketts for Russia's 4th line? Please?

Morin? You mean the guy that took the stupid tripping penalty?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
HugeCaringAsianelephant.gif

This is a penalty.. even in the NHL.. so obviously it would be in the IIHF. Not seen in the gif is Virtanen reading the play from behind the net and building up speed to just run this guy. He could have made a smart play and just used the body a little bit and gotten the puck, but no, he had to run the guy.
Thats a beautiful hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad