Going forward: Auston Matthews or Leon Draisaitl (no contracts)

Going forward: Auston Matthews or Leon Draisaitl (no contracts)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Not really. Your comment implys that it wouldn’t be close without a 3 mil savings. Drai has the 3 mil savings. Maybe I’m confused, cause that’s pretty clearly calling Drai better.
I don't think this is worth arguing about. Again it was a joke. I did not mean to offend you. Dra is a great player and I would take him if we included contracts.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I don't think this is worth arguing about. Again it was a joke. I did not mean to offend you. Dra is a great player and I would take him if we included contracts.
I’m not offended at all, I haven’t even implied that in anyway.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Yes it was a stupid f***ing post and even worse to double down on.
Pointing out something factual is a stupid post?
For example: Mangipane has 30 goals, seems disingenuous to imply that he and Pasternak are having the same goal scoring year and saying they are both 30 goals scorers.
Based on your logic, no one should bring attention to the fact that Pasternak has 38 goals.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Yes, me pointing out how it’s lame to be that nit picky about the term 50 goal scorer isn’t much of a contribution.

What are you doing here? Go wave your Leaf Pom poms.
Yes, let's continue to get your unbiased Edmonton take on the Draistail vs Matthews discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: IPS

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Pointing out something factual is a stupid post?
For example: Mangipane has 30 goals, seems disingenuous to imply that he and Pasternak are having the same goal scoring year and saying they are both 30 goals scorers.
Based on your logic, no one should bring attention to the fact that Pasternak has 38 goals.
Yes, in the same context that would also be ridiculous. Why do you continue to double down on nonsense.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Yes, in the same context that would also be ridiculous. Why do you continue to double down on nonsense.
It would be ridiculous for someone to point out for context that 38 goals is more than 30 goals. I guess we currently have a 3 way tie for the Art Ross. McDavid, Huberdeau and Drai all deadlocked at 100 points.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
It would be ridiculous for someone to point out for context that 38 goals is more than 30 goals. I guess we currently have a 3 way tie for the Art Ross. McDavid, Huberdeau and Drai all deadlocked at 100 points.
Now you’re adding words and inferring meaning to them. No one said they were tied or deadlocked. However if you claim that McDavid, Drai and Huberdeau all have 100 pts, I’m pretty sure no one would say a thing. And I think most people think that it is a pretty tight race right now. However deadlocked has a different meaning

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Lol I’m not claiming to be unbiased but I’m not the one saying that Matthews isn’t a 50 goal scorer.
Who said Matthews or Drai are not 50 goal scorers? Someone said both players have 50 goals........my post stated that is incorrect and that Matthews has 54 goals. Did I state somewhere that Drai isn't a 50 goal scorer?

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Now you’re adding words and inferring meaning to them. No one said they were tied or deadlocked. However if you claim that McDavid, Drai and Huberdeau all have 100 pts, I’m pretty sure no one would say a thing. And I think most people think that it is a pretty tight race right now. However deadlocked has a different meaning
Reasonable post.....I do disagree with the bold as I would expect someone would point out McDavid has more points that Huberdeau if the discussion was based around the seasons they are having. If a thread existed based around Huberdeau or McDavid having a better season, if someone was of the opinion it was Huberdeau and stated both have 100 points....I think someone would point out that McDavid has more points and stated the actual number.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Reasonable post.....I do disagree with the bold as I would expect someone would point out McDavid has more points that Huberdeau if the discussion was based around the seasons they are having. If a thread existed based around Huberdeau or McDavid having a better season, if someone was of the opinion it was Huberdeau and stated both have 100 points....I think someone would point out that McDavid has more points and stated the actual number.
This thread isn’t about who is having a better season either. If a thread about McDavid and Huberdeau was made about going forward like this one. I doubt many people would debate the difference this year, but show the massive difference in total, or even the last 2-3 years. Proving that while Huberdeau is having a fantastic year and deserves more respect than he gets, one year like that doesn’t erase or make it equal to what McDavid has done

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
This thread isn’t about who is having a better season either. If a thread about McDavid and Huberdeau was made about going forward like this one. I doubt many people would debate the difference this year, but show the massive difference in total, or even the last 2-3 years. Proving that while Huberdeau is having a fantastic year and deserves more respect than he gets, one year like that doesn’t erase or make it equal to what McDavid has done
Fair enough. For the record I wasn't attempting to compare McDavid and Huberdeau other than point total for this season only. I believe McDavid is the best player in the league, I think Matthews and Draistail are battling for runner-up.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Fair enough. For the record I wasn't attempting to compare McDavid and Huberdeau other than point total for this season only. I believe McDavid is the best player in the league, I think Matthews and Draistail are battling for runner-up.
I think most would agree that Matthews and Drai are 2-3. I think if we take a snapshot right now, Matthews is probably 2, the issue comes from these threads popping up at these times and ignoring how dominant Drai was in the first 1/3 of this season and assuming that exactly what is happening now is the only likely thing to happen moving forward rather than a median of this year and the past 2-3 years. Hence my point with the McDavid/Huberdeau comparison. I don’t think many reasonable people think Drai is equal to Matthews in goal scoring, however Drai is clearly a top goal scorer in the league and the difference between the two is not as vast as some make it.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Yes, me pointing out how it’s lame to be that nit picky about the term 50 goal scorer isn’t much of a contribution.

What are you doing here? Go wave your Leaf Pom poms.
Again, ironic coming from the biggest oiler cheerleader.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
@Tad Mikowsky @PuckG

Seriously guys, learn how to read. Go back and read what I wrote. I never nit picked about the term of a 50 goal scorer. I did not argue that Drai is not a 50 goal scorer. A poster said that both players have 50 goals......that is and was at the time of writing incorrect as Matthews had (and still has) 54 goals on the season. The poster seemingly wanted to downplay Matthews edge in goals scored this season by stating both have 50 goals but conveniently wanted to point out that Drai has more points.

elmaco said:
Both have 50 goals and Drai has more points but he is the lesser player?

Lemontree said:
The bolded part isn't true. They don't both have 50 goals.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I like Auston to start a team with and build around, but Leon if I am putting the finishing touches on a roster that just needs to generate more offence.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
It was a pretty misleading way to downplay the difference in goal scoring. It would be like if someone said that Matthews and Draisaitl were both 95 point players. Even though it's true, would you really want them framed that way? Of course not, because it conveniently ignores that Draisaitl has more than 95
Oh okay, shall we all call Matthews a -whatever his personal goal record is right now- kind of player?

"They both are capable of 50 goals."
"NO. Matthews is a 51 goal scorer."

Do you see the point?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Oh okay, shall we all call Matthews a -whatever his personal goal record is right now- kind of player?

"They both are capable of 50 goals."
"NO. Matthews is a 51 goal scorer."

Do you see the point?
I don't really see the point of what you're doing, no. Matthews (and Draisaitl for that matter) are both capable of more than 50 goals in a given season. But since Matthews is a better goal scorer than Draisaitl, it just comes across as downplaying that fact

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Again, ironic coming from the biggest oiler cheerleader.

Please go ahead find my hardcore homer posts. Go for it.

Meanwhile we have Leafs fans arguing how Matthews isn’t a 50 goal scorer and other inane bullshit for petty internet points.

Do you have anything meaningful to add? We both know it’s a resounding no. Keep stuffing those Leaf polls.

Reactions: dukeofjive

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Please go ahead find my hardcore homer posts. Go for it.

Meanwhile we have Leafs fans arguing how Matthews isn’t a 50 goal scorer and other inane bullshit for petty internet points.

Do you have anything meaningful to add? We both know it’s a resounding no. Keep stuffing those Leaf polls.
Go find a poll where i voted for a leaf that was homerish and not close. Oh wait you can't. Don't be mad that someone is calling out your poor takes just as you try to do in every single leaf thread ever created.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
101 points, 21 of his goals assisted by Mcdavid, 13 of his assists have been goals by Mcdavid, and 12 assists where McDavid was either a primary or secondary assist on the play... You're close, about 45% of his points include McDavid!
How many of Matthews points s Marner contributed to?

Reactions: Duke74

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Go find a poll where i voted for a leaf that was homerish and not close. Oh wait you can't. Don't be mad that someone is calling out your poor takes just as you try to do in every single leaf thread ever created.

What’s my poor take? Cmon point it out. Back your shit up.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad