Goaltender Shootout Streaks

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Asterisk...did you see those attempts...? Woof.

Just draw him out, fake shot, push laterally with your right skate, pull puck into feet and release blocker side high...that will beat him every single time...why players ever try to deke bad or erratic goaltenders is beyond me...just shoot it past them...

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Martin Jones (who actually initiated the need for a thread back in 2013 when he started his career with 17 straight saves) now has an active streak of ten saves.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Robin Lehner now has an active streak of four shootout goals allowed.

Moreover, he's not only been on the losing end of six consecutive shootouts, he's lost 15 of his last 16.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Garon I thought was fairly solid as a King too in those rough 05-07 years. Probably the guy I was most confident in between the posts, though that's really not saying much. An ancient Sean Burke, completely done Dan Cloutier, and the brief but interesting Fukufuji experiment, among others being his competition. Complete carousel for a couple of seasons there.

And to support my earlier point, Jones picked up another shutout this evening against the Wild. Love his calmness and seeming maturity, along with his safe technically sound style. Exactly what I want to see out of a number two tender.

I have a theory on garon. Back when he was a habs player, he was considered a decent prospect with #1 potential.

Anyways, believe it was 2004, the habs were in LA playing the kings, and garon put on an absolute show. I mean, he stole that game to an extent that I could not fathom.

I believe that one game left a mark on the kings, and may have played a big role in factoring garon as a potential solution to their goaltending.

He had the ability to tease you at times in terms of how good he could be.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
He's in his own head about it too...you saw that post-game interview where he was just like, "dude, I'm just not good at that for whatever reason...I can kill off a 5 on 3 in the last five minutes of a game with one eye tied behind my back...but shootouts are for the birds..."

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Been away for the holidays but wanted to tie a bow on this one - Robin Lehner won a shootout! He stopped two of three Columbus shooters (the NHL didn't give him credit for saves on either, but all goaltenders know that forcing a shooter to go wide is just as valuable), and the Blue Jackets were forced to use two goaltenders after Korpisalo was injured on Chicago's first attempt (Korpisalo and Merzlikins each allowed one goal on one shot).

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Arvid Soderblom extends his career-starting shootout goals allowed streak to six (Cole Caufield, Nick Suzuki, and Kirby Dach on November 25, 2022, and Gustav Nyquist, Ryan O'Reilly, and Filip Forsberg tonight).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00