Same Points Format?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Can someone give me a run down of how the lineup works and pickups. The other league I was in years ago was total points with unlimited pickups. I understand its head to head weekly.

Do you change your lineup daily? Weekly? Goalies...
Looks like there might be a limited on pickups per week. Thanks for any insight.

Hey @gorsk11 -- it's max 3 pickups a week, most categories wins each week, not points (so if your team scores 15G and mine only scores 2, but I have 20 hits to your 19 that means we're tied 1-1 in those two categories). No maximum games played per week, though there is a max of carrying at most 3 goalies at a time. Lastly it's a daily (not weekly lineup). 2 IR slots but it looks like you already see that.

Any other major Qs? You can see full details under "League >> settings" which has full details on everything.

Good luck!

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Okay all, now that we have begun, I will need to start collecting the buy-ins. As a reminder, it’s a $50 buy in.

The pot should equal $600 even. The champ gets 50%, the runner up gets 20%, and the division winners get 15%.

IMPORTANT: when you send them money, please include both your fantasy team name and your HFboards username! Thanks.

Here are the 3 options for payment

VENMO: @rabbit9220
ZELLE: [email protected]
PayPal: [email protected]

@Kyle003p
@moosemeister
@AZviaNJ
@gorsk11
@MayDayMayDay - PAID VIA VENMO
@hbk - PAID VIA PAYPAL
@Dr VinnyBoombatz - PAID VIA ZELLE
@Grimes - PAID VIA VENMO
@BAdvocate - PAID VIA VENMO
@PainForShane - PAID VIA ZELLE
@RABBIT - PAID
@Hogan20
Money sent via zelle

Hey @gorsk11 -- it's max 3 pickups a week, most categories wins each week, not points (so if your team scores 15G and mine only scores 2, but I have 20 hits to your 19 that means we're tied 1-1 in those two categories). No maximum games played per week, though there is a max of carrying at most 3 goalies at a time. Lastly it's a daily (not weekly lineup). 2 IR slots but it looks like you already see that.

Any other major Qs? You can see full details under "League >> settings" which has full details on everything.

Good luck!
Thank you

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Okay all, now that we have begun, I will need to start collecting the buy-ins. As a reminder, it’s a $50 buy in.

The pot should equal $600 even. The champ gets 50%, the runner up gets 20%, and the division winners get 15%.

IMPORTANT: when you send them money, please include both your fantasy team name and your HFboards username! Thanks.

@Kyle003p - PAID VIA VENMO
@moosemeister
@AZviaNJ
@gorsk11 - PAID VIA ZELLE
@MayDayMayDay - PAID VIA VENMO
@hbk - PAID VIA PAYPAL
@Dr VinnyBoombatz - PAID VIA ZELLE
@Grimes - PAID VIA VENMO
@BAdvocate - PAID VIA VENMO
@PainForShane - PAID VIA ZELLE
@RABBIT - PAID
@Hogan20
Just a heads up, we’ve got most buy-ins, still need from @moosemeister, @AZviaNJ, and @Hogan20. If you can’t make a payment right away, that’s totally fine. Just keep me in the loop and/or shoot me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Just a heads up, we’ve got most buy-ins, still need from @moosemeister, @AZviaNJ, and @Hogan20. If you can’t make a payment right away, that’s totally fine. Just keep me in the loop and/or shoot me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

I spent my buy in money on meth the other day. I'll hit you up later when I rob the Circle K.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
I have him (I Hate Wendy’s), make me an offer!
I'm looking to move one or more of palat, cozens or kerfoot for an equivalent Dman. Not enough roster spots for them all unfortunately. Not saying Chych fits the description, but open to all offers 😂

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'm looking to move one or more of palat, cozens or kerfoot for an equivalent Dman. Not enough roster spots for them all unfortunately. Not saying Chych fits the description, but open to all offers 😂
Was being sarcastic in my response to @hbk Chych is on IR, I’m going wait and see where he lands before trading him.

Reactions: hbk

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
Was being sarcastic in my response to @hbk Chych is on IR, I’m going wait and see where he lands before trading him.
Lol, didn't think he was really on the table, definitely not for what I had to offer. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone with extra D wanted to deal

Reactions: AZviaNJ

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
And now... the FANTASY PLAYOFFS. The time of year where we hang on every hit made by bottom sixers like Jack McBain, every shorthanded point by basically anyone, and every save made by completely random goalies from otherwise irrelevant teams (like Joel Hofer, who was just picked up today).

Interested ppl can follow along here: Fantasy Hockey League Scoreboard - ESPN

Thanks again @RABBIT for setting this up and thanks to everyone who's played this year, very high quality of competition. Good luck everybody!

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Thanks Vinny
Lot of teams had the parts to go all the way this year, seemed like every playoff matchup could've gone either way

YES @Kyle003p I AGREE WITH THAT ASSESSMENT 100%

Hahaha. In all seriousness, in a lot of ways I'm kinda happy that the top two teams all year are the ones meeting the final. I feel like this year was extremely even in so many ways, very cool that the teams who finished at the top of the table during the reg season are now fighting each other in the league championship.

@RABBIT thx again for an awesome year, I know I've said that many times already but obviously this year was really fun (and still is for some). Thx again everyone else who played this year, was really fun. Good luck @Kyle003p and @MayDayMayDay in the finals -- both your teams are awesome and you both definitely earned the right to be there. Good luck both of you!

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Congrats to everyone!! Especially Kyle and MayDay for an awesome championship. From the previous page of this thread, we discussed a few options for payout and it looks like we landed on what @PainForShane has been suggesting for 3 years. Please reach out to me and let me know how you’d like to be paid :)

Winner (@Kyle003p) - 40%
Runner up (@MayDayMayDay) - 20%
3rd (@Dr VinnyBoombatz) - 10%
Division winners (@MayDayMayDay and @Kyle003p) - 15% each

@Kyle003p
@moosemeister
@AZviaNJ
@gorsk11
@MayDayMayDay
@hbk
@Dr VinnyBoombatz
@Grimes
@BAdvocate
@PainForShane
@RABBIT
@Hogan20

However. I would suggest that third place gets an additional 10%, there's a third place game at the end of the year imo it should mean something for a team that might have just snuck into the playoffs.

Winner 40
Runnerup 20
Third 10

Division winners 15, 15

Rabbit does that work for everyone? As you know I feel pretty strongly about the 3rd place person getting some sort of payout (actually gave up money last year as the likely-then-actual winner so that the 3rd place team could get something). This is a 12 team league, I just think the third place game should have some sort of meaning -- also if the winner of the league gets 300 or 240 dollars who cares none of us are doing this for the money anyway.

Would that distribution work for you (and everyone else) as well?
You’ve been an advocate for this for 3 years, which is cool of you, so why not?

Winner: 40% nets $240
Runner up: 20% nets $120
Third place: 10% nets $60 (covers their buy in, wins $10)

The 2 division winners: 15% nets $90 (rewards you being the top of your class)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad