Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for pulling this together @RABBIT

Much appreciated as always.

^

For what it's worth I'd rather do categories rather than points (imo points are way easier to game and can lead to some weird / counter-intuitive player valuations) but if everyone wants points we can do that. Thanks again Rabbit for organizing!

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Looks like the majority want to roll with what we had last year (categories.) I’m sorry @Kyle003p!

But to our newcomers, basically you have to tally more points (goals, assists, points, plus/minus, etc.) than your opponent to win a category. Whoever wins the most categories in your head to head matchup wins the week.

RABBIT

@moosemeister (Moose) - IN
@hbk (Team Swaggerville) - IN
@PainForShane (the Facemasks) - IN
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread) - IN
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Tank Commander) - IN
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's) - IN
@gorsk11 (AZ Slap Shots) - IN
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers) - IN
@Devils Badvocate (Puttin’ on the Foil Coach) - IN
@MayDayMayDay (Chych Chychy Boom) - IN
@Hogan20 (Off The Floor n On The Board) - IN
@RABBIT (Mr Hugh Jass) - IN

Teams are set, let’s go get it. Welcome to our newcomers @moosemeister, @gorsk11 & @hbk!

Draft tonight at 5pm AZ time.

Last edited:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
@RABBIT (Mr Hugh Jass) - IN

Teams are set, let’s go get it. Welcome to our newcomers @moosemeister, @gorsk11 & @hbk!

Draft tonight at 5pm AZ time.
Hey @hbk , thx for joining the league! Looking forward to kicking off the year.

@RABBIT should we randomize divisions or are we good with keeping them the same as last year? In the interest of fairness thought it'd be worth asking before the draft (so we don't know which teams are stronger before potentially mixing everything up). Only thing divisions potentially matter for is strength of schedule (you play your within own division more often).

See you guys at 5, Rabbit thx yet again for setting everything up. Good luck everyone!

RABBIT

Hey @hbk , thx for joining the league! Looking forward to kicking off the year.

@RABBIT should we randomize divisions or are we good with keeping them the same as last year? In the interest of fairness thought it'd be worth asking before the draft (so we don't know which teams are stronger before potentially mixing everything up). Only thing divisions potentially matter for is strength of schedule (you play your within own division more often).

See you guys at 5, Rabbit thx yet again for setting everything up. Good luck everyone!
Good point, but I’m not seeing an option to randomize. I just went with what the app set up for us last year, and added a newcomer to both divisions. I could manually mix a couple people up but I wouldn’t want anyone thinking I’m gaming.

RABBIT

It's only gaming if you get the 1st pick again...haha!
Lol!! I’m almost afraid of that happening. I swear everybody can check the settings under league settings to show that it will be randomized an hour before the draft

@moosemeister @gorsk11 @hbk if you didn’t know, the draft order is randomly determined by the platform an hour before the draft starts. So it may be worth logging in 10 minutes from now to check to see where you stand.

RABBIT

Tagging everybody in my last announcement, please make sure that if you are not planning on participating in the draft, or will be showing up late to the draft, that you enable the auto draft feature! Each pick is 90 seconds, and if there is anybody that has not turned on auto draft, we have to wait the full 90 seconds each time

Reactions: PainForShane

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well that was weird. Had to draft over my phone as my laptop refused to connect to my functioning internet. Loads of skill but i fear some of the non-skill categories i may suffer.

RABBIT

Well that was weird. Had to draft over my phone as my laptop refused to connect to my functioning internet. Loads of skill but i fear some of the non-skill categories i may suffer.
You have a good squad. This is the first year where I feel every team is equally stacked. Except for mine. I look at it once and I’m like “f*** yea” then I open the app again and I’m like “wtf.”

Payment Guidelines

RABBIT

Okay all, now that we have begun, I will need to start collecting the buy-ins. As a reminder, it’s a $50 buy in.

The pot should equal $600 even. The champ gets 50%, the runner up gets 20%, and the division winners get 15%.

IMPORTANT: when you send them money, please include both your fantasy team name and your HFboards username! Thanks.

Here are the 3 options for payment

VENMO: @rabbit9220
ZELLE: [email protected]
PayPal: [email protected]

@Kyle003p - PAID VIA VENMO
@moosemeister
@AZviaNJ - PAID VIA ZELLE
@gorsk11 - PAID VIA ZELLE
@MayDayMayDay - PAID VIA VENMO
@hbk - PAID VIA PAYPAL
@Dr VinnyBoombatz - PAID VIA ZELLE
@Grimes - PAID VIA VENMO
@BAdvocate - PAID VIA VENMO
@PainForShane - PAID VIA ZELLE
@RABBIT - PAID
@Hogan20 - PAID VIA VENMO

Last edited:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Okay all, now that we have begun, I will need to start collecting the buy-ins. As a reminder, it’s a $50 buy in.

The pot should equal $600 even. The champ gets 50%, the runner up gets 20%, and the division winners get 15%.

IMPORTANT: when you send them money, please include both your fantasy team name and your HFboards username! Thanks.

@Kyle003p
@moosemeister
@AZviaNJ
@gorsk11
@MayDayMayDay
@hbk - PAID VIA PAYPAL
@Grimes - PAID VIA VENMO
@BAdvocate
@PainForShane
@RABBIT
@Hogan20

Hi Rabbit, just paid via Zelle lmk if you didn't get my money.

However. I would suggest that third place gets an additional 10%, there's a third place game at the end of the year imo it should mean something for a team that might have just snuck into the playoffs.

Winner 40
Runnerup 20
Third 10

Division winners 15, 15

Rabbit does that work for everyone? As you know I feel pretty strongly about the 3rd place person getting some sort of payout (actually gave up money last year as the likely-then-actual winner so that the 3rd place team could get something). This is a 12 team league, I just think the third place game should have some sort of meaning -- also if the winner of the league gets 300 or 240 dollars who cares none of us are doing this for the money anyway.

Would that distribution work for you (and everyone else) as well?

Reactions: gorsk11

RABBIT

Hi Rabbit, just paid via Zelle lmk if you didn't get my money.

However. I would suggest that third place gets an additional 10%, there's a third place game at the end of the year imo it should mean something for a team that might have just snuck into the playoffs.

Winner 40
Runnerup 20
Third 10

Division winners 15, 15

Rabbit does that work for everyone? As you know I feel pretty strongly about the 3rd place person getting some sort of payout (actually gave up money last year as the likely-then-actual winner so that the 3rd place team could get something). This is a 12 team league, I just think the third place game should have some sort of meaning -- also if the winner of the league gets 300 or 240 dollars who cares none of us are doing this for the money anyway.

Would that distribution work for you (and everyone else) as well?
You’ve been an advocate for this for 3 years, which is cool of you, so why not?

Winner: 40% nets $240
Runner up: 20% nets $120
Third place: 10% nets $60 (covers their buy in, wins $10)

The 2 division winners: 15% nets $90 (rewards you being the top of your class)

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
You’ve been an advocate for this for 3 years, which is cool of you, so why not?

Winner: 40% nets $240
Runner up: 20% nets $120
Third place: 10% nets $60 (covers their buy in, wins $10)

The 2 division winners: 15% nets $90 (rewards you being the top of your class)
Can someone give me a run down of how the lineup works and pickups. The other league I was in years ago was total points with unlimited pickups. I understand its head to head weekly.

Do you change your lineup daily? Weekly? Goalies...
Looks like there might be a limited on pickups per week. Thanks for any insight.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

@Kyle003p
@moosemeister
@AZviaNJ
@gorsk11
@MayDayMayDay
@hbk - PAID VIA PAYPAL
@Grimes - PAID VIA VENMO
@BAdvocate - PAID VIA VENMO
@PainForShane - PAID VIA ZELLE
@RABBIT - PAID
@Hogan20
Just sent! Good luck this year everyone!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Can someone give me a run down of how the lineup works and pickups. The other league I was in years ago was total points with unlimited pickups. I understand its head to head weekly.

Do you change your lineup daily? Weekly? Goalies...
Looks like there might be a limited on pickups per week. Thanks for any insight.
You set your lineups daily and yes, limited pick ups per week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad