OT: GOALS IN DIFFERENT AREA CODES - FORUM 40 FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE - Season III

Same Points Format?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Currently at 10 confirmed teams, which is enough to start a competitive league but hoping to fill all 14 spots again. Awaiting answers on some players from last year, but if no answer or if they’re not interested, we may have to convince some others from the main boards :)

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Currently at 10 confirmed teams, which is enough to start a competitive league but hoping to fill all 14 spots again. Awaiting answers on some players from last year, but if no answer or if they’re not interested, we may have to convince some others from the main boards :)

Nooooooo! Please stay away from the main boards (unless you know the ppl I guess). Too much potential for nonsense.

10 ppl is perfectly fine, it just means our rosters (and the corresponding waiver wire) will be made up of higher quality players, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Also, did you decide whether you think we should have divisions? I guess it might depend on the number of ppl we get. Personally I'm in favor of having only 1 big division (like the premier league), that also keeps each team's strength of schedule about the same. Re: scoring, as long as we all agree on the categories I'm 100% fine with whatever we (you) decide

RABBIT

Nooooooo! Please stay away from the main boards (unless you know the ppl I guess). Too much potential for nonsense.

10 ppl is perfectly fine, it just means our rosters (and the corresponding waiver wire) will be made up of higher quality players, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Also, did you decide whether you think we should have divisions? I guess it might depend on the number of ppl we get. Personally I'm in favor of having only 1 big division (like the premier league), that also keeps each team's strength of schedule about the same. Re: scoring, as long as we all agree on the categories I'm 100% fine with whatever we (you) decide
oh I meant our main boards, forum 40 :) i agree with you about the 10 teams have more quality players, but I really enjoyed having so much competition with the 14. If we get to 12 I’ll be happy, but I will also be happy with 10

Once we have a better idea of how many people are going to be playing, I will take a second look at the divisions. Normally I like to have more than one division so that the division winners can be rewarded, but I will check out every suggestion

Reactions: PainForShane

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Hey @RABBIT - can we please adjust the draft start time next weekend to a little later in the day or closer to the evening? My fiancee and I had wedding planning stuff scheduled for during the day. Probably be done like after 4 if that works for everyone! Would really appreciate it!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Hey @RABBIT - can we please adjust the draft start time next weekend to a little later in the day or closer to the evening? My fiancee and I had wedding planning stuff scheduled for during the day. Probably be done like after 4 if that works for everyone! Would really appreciate it!
Yep, I have to agree that more around 5pm would be better...just a thought. :)

RABBIT

@moosemeister (TEAM NAME TBD)
@PainForShane (the Facemasks)
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Tank Commander)
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's)
@middlebrook (Chayka's Hangover)
@gorsk11 (TEAM NAME TBD)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)
@Devils Badvocate (Puttin’ on the Foil Coach)
@MayDayMayDay (Chych Chychy Boom)
@Hogan20 (Off The Floor n On The Board)

Regarding the draft date/time - would Friday around 4 work for everyone? Or a week night after 4 or 5?

I only ask because I serve tables in the evenings on Saturdays and Sundays, but I get off at 3:30 during the week at my other job. I don’t have to participate in the draft if Saturday evening works best for all of you guys, but I’d like to be apart of it if I can. Please let me know - thanks!

Reactions: AZviaNJ

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
@gorsk11 (TEAM NAME TBD)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)

Regarding the draft date/time - would Friday around 4 work for everyone? Or a week night after 4 or 5?

I only ask because I serve tables in the evenings on Saturdays and Sundays, but I get off at 3:30 during the week at my other job. I don’t have to participate in the draft if Saturday evening works best for all of you guys, but I’d like to be apart of it if I can. Please let me know - thanks!
What’s the app you guys use? I’ll get it set up. Next Friday would work fine for me.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
@gorsk11 (TEAM NAME TBD)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)

What are you talking about!??!?!? You have to participate in the draft, we all do.

Any one of those times works for me, I can make myself free in the early afternoons / evenings. Thanks again for setting this up!

@moosemeister all you need is an internet browser. You could probably do it on your phone but I recommend a full screen in case you're choosing between, I don't know Crosby / Barkov and you need enough space to see / make sense of their historical stats before deciding which one to draft

Reactions: RABBIT

RABBIT

Is it on yahoo? What is scoring system?
Somewhere I can look at. Thanks

What’s the app you guys use? I’ll get it set up. Next Friday would work fine for me.

What are you talking about!??!?!? You have to participate in the draft, we all do.

Any one of those times works for me, I can make myself free in the early afternoons / evenings. Thanks again for setting this up!

@moosemeister all you need is an internet browser. You could probably do it on your phone but I recommend a full screen in case you're choosing between, I don't know Crosby / Barkov and you need enough space to see / make sense of their historical stats before deciding which one to draft
I mean I could turn on auto draft, but I hate doing that.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I can do Mon-Thursday anytime after 3pm, but can't do Fridays at all....and then Sat/Sun anytime really, but would prefer early evening or later

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
@gorsk11 (TEAM NAME TBD)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)

When you say Friday at 4 are you talking Arizona time? If so I may need a couple more hours.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
@Kyle003p yo! Am I correct in the assumption that Roger may be related to you? If so are they on your squad or are they wanting a team? Just making sure I have enough teams. Thank you!
That's my dad, I put him as co-owner so he could see how it works for hockey. I doubt he'd want his own team but I can ask if you want another team

Reactions: RABBIT

RABBIT

We are now at 11 confirmed teams. I’d like to have an even number, but we can make 11 work if need be.

If anyone would like to recruit someone from forum 40, or if anyone has someone they know that may be interested in joining, please let me know ASAP. Thx!

@moosemeister (Moose) - IN
@PainForShane (the Facemasks) - IN
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread) - IN
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Tank Commander) - IN
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's) - IN
@gorsk11 (AZ Slap Shots) - IN
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers) - IN
@Devils Badvocate (Puttin’ on the Foil Coach) - IN
@MayDayMayDay (Chych Chychy Boom) - IN
@Hogan20 (Off The Floor n On The Board) - IN

RABBIT

Also I do see our poll is in favor of keeping the same points format as last year…but I see some comments stating they have no preference. If you are interested in changing to a head to head points format, can you please like this message? If I don’t get a lot of engagement on this I may just decide on my own but want to make sure you guys have a say in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad