Recalled/Assigned: go leaf go, or how to win the cup in one easy step, or why do you hate me: the thread

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Hi,

I may be one of the best at this judging by comments given to me. Here is my technique (Don't share it will anyone).

Step 1: Identify area on team that sucks recently (I mean REALLY recent, like if one player had one bad game, eh, but two in a row? Yeah, they need to be shipped out of town, and we need a replacement).

Step 2: Identify pieces that are under 27, have high potential, and fit the position you are looking to fill.

Step 3: Identify Leaf assets with some potential, but who will most likely not hit it. Sell them like your life depends on it as a sure fire, 100% guarantee to hit that ceiling potential.

Step 4: It will probably be uneven value wise, so throw in a mid round pick, offer to retain salary, take back a cap dump, or all of the above.

Example:

Leafs - Canes:

Leafs get:
Slavin
Lack

Canes get:
JVR (50 % retained :naughty: )
conditional 3rd round pick (Based off of Leafs winning the cup)
Bracco

Then you need to really sell it by giving Logic. In this part, you basically talk about how much this benefits the Leafs, while only giving one or two points for the other team.

Example:

Logic to this trade is the Leafs add a top pairing D to play with Rielly who fits their core. Cans get a first line, 60-70 point winger at 50 % retention ( Again, we are selling their ceiling), a top prospect in the OHL (Notice how he has fallen off the earth recently?)

Well, casual fans won't know that, now is the time to sell those guys. A mid round pick is also included, while the Canes dump salary to save on their budget (This is key right here. We need to pretend that the value difference is justified because we are saving billionaires a little bit of money).

Then ask for feedback, and argue to the death with everyone who calls you an idiot.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This is the single greatest thing I've ever read on HFLeafs. Hats off to you sir. Very well done. :laugh::handclap::handclap:

I hope OP is ready for an emotional roller-coaster. Also OP, if you really like magic, you'll love the disappearing act our vets like to pull when things get tough. :yo:

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Hi,

I may be one of the best at this judging by comments given to me. Here is my technique (Don't share it will anyone).

Step 1: Identify area on team that sucks recently (I mean REALLY recent, like if one player had one bad game, eh, but two in a row? Yeah, they need to be shipped out of town, and we need a replacement).

Step 2: Identify pieces that are under 27, have high potential, and fit the position you are looking to fill.

Step 3: Identify Leaf assets with some potential, but who will most likely not hit it. Sell them like your life depends on it as a sure fire, 100% guarantee to hit that ceiling potential.

Step 4: It will probably be uneven value wise, so throw in a mid round pick, offer to retain salary, take back a cap dump, or all of the above.

Example:

Leafs - Canes:

Leafs get:
Slavin
Lack

Canes get:
JVR (50 % retained :naughty: )
conditional 3rd round pick (Based off of Leafs winning the cup)
Bracco

Then you need to really sell it by giving Logic. In this part, you basically talk about how much this benefits the Leafs, while only giving one or two points for the other team.

Example:

Logic to this trade is the Leafs add a top pairing D to play with Rielly who fits their core. Cans get a first line, 60-70 point winger at 50 % retention ( Again, we are selling their ceiling), a top prospect in the OHL (Notice how he has fallen off the earth recently?)

Well, casual fans won't know that, now is the time to sell those guys. A mid round pick is also included, while the Canes dump salary to save on their budget (This is key right here. We need to pretend that the value difference is justified because we are saving billionaires a little bit of money).

Then ask for feedback, and argue to the death with everyone who calls you an idiot.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm seeing you in a different light now. :laugh: I understand all of the sudden.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
can somebody give me some tips on how to make a classic bad TML trade proposal?

i want to try to cut my chops on the trade board ,but i want to do it right

afGM3MR.gif

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
can somebody give me some tips on how to make a classic bad TML trade proposal?

i want to try to cut my chops on the trade board ,but i want to do it right

Here are the pieces we don't need:
JvR
Bozak

Here is what we do need:
Top-pairing D (preferably right-handed)

Have at 'er and welcome aboard the Maple Leafs bandwagon.

Just beware, the bandwagon usually comes flying off the side of a cliff at the first sharp turn.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
You can now be proud. You are a part of the greatest fanbase of the greatest hockey franchise ever. We know it and we're proud of it.

50 more years of futility and we'll be just as obnoxious! And damn proud of it!

And females look way better in our jerseys.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
it has almost been a full 24 hours

i can feel the power pulsating through my veins

Technically you are correct, "bleeding blue" (leafs etymology) is blood coming from a vein as opposed to an artery as blood without oxygen turns bluish. Therefore, as a leaf fan the power of bleeding blue is now coursing through your veins.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i have a biological sciences degree

you didn't need to explain to me this concept, but i do appreciate that you took the time to do so

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Blame Hunwick, Polak, Bozak, JVR, Hyman any chance you get.

Also, don't forget to criticise the **** out of Babcock if we lose a game in OT

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
the millennials want to trade Leo for a bag of pucks and a 2nd round draft pick....likely provide equal value.

so you can guage your age by whether Komarov should be traded ....

if you're a real winner though, you can suggest getting rid of him for nothing to Vegas....but only the biggest winners go that far, so tread carefully. :)

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
OP:

Are you high on life or on drugs?
14PxfsV.png

Would you hook up with your friend's sister/daughter?
oa6CSPP.png

Tiggaracing

Mar 2, 2014
Keys to being a sane HF Leafs fan;

a) stay as far away as possible of the 'proposal' part of the forum
b) when the game is on, watch the game, stay out of the GDT cuz it's a **** show and it generally brings out the worst bipolar, tourettes filled manic depressive Leafs fans you'll ever meet
c) if you're not going to listen to me about 'b)' then make sure you have your finger on the 'block user' button

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad