Post-Game Talk: [GM61] Canucks lose to Penguins in OT | 3-4 (Hoglander, Boeser, & Miller) | Well...Dang It

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
He looked like the perfect fit for this team, but right now it looks like the complete opposite. The whole time I just thought he got tired of playing in Calgary but he just might not be that good anymore. He looks awful out there

And Brzuskewicz has 80 some odd points in 55ish games. Not loving that we gave him up to a divisional rival.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Ep needs to create and finish some chances wants 12 million show him mckinnon hilites say come back when you score hit play that d or f off

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
new whipping boy?

Did Mikheyev gets old that quick?

no.

ive said this since before the trade. ive been watching him all year. he'll make good players have to work harder, and mediocre players awful. i don't think it's a coincidence the flames have been winning since trading him either.

and i've never talked badly of Mik who seems to be snakebitten lately; he at least skates and checks.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
they should put the lotto line back and have Lindholm center his second line. instead of having LIndy on his own line, Petey on his own line, and than you have Boeser and JT

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Special games from Miller and Demko. Pettersson and Hoglander were buzzing.

Mikheyev and Garland need to go in the summer make way too much and can be replaced within.

Lindholm has been invisible outside 2 games.

Who are we getting that plays anywhere near as good as Garland has? This is the first time in months he's had an off night.

Reactions: calnuck

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Everybody knows the games get tougher after the all-star break.....Even teams seemingly locked into lottery land like the Pens, are playing desperate hockey.

As for the Canucks, the warts are starting to show. Too many stick fouls and tripping penalties, which usually means you're chasing the play. And teams are cycling the puck in the Canucks zone, and they don't look capable of doing much about it.

Without J.T. Miller and Demko, this team would be in a world of trouble right now. I think Allvin might be more active at the TDL than people think. They're 5-5-2 in February. This team needs something more right now.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
no.

ive said this since before the trade. ive been watching him all year. he'll make good players have to work harder, and mediocre players awful. i don't think it's a coincidence the flames have been winning since trading him either.
the flames have been winning cause no one take them seriously

we've seen this type of movie in vancouver many times

Reactions: calnuck

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Really need Soucy to come back, which makes me think we need more depth on the backend compared to up front (although both would be good)
We needed another defenceman way more than Lindholm IMO. Suter isn't even playing center right now so our depth was fine honestly. Lafferty or Aman could easily center the 4th line too.

Thinking that the Juulsen/Myers level was going to be stable is silly. Just look at the way season has gone. Zadorov is similarly inconsistent. Cole is steady until his legs catch up to him periodically.

Reactions: Vector and calnuck

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Everybody knows the games get tougher after the all-star break.....Even teams seemingly locked into lottery land like the Pens, are playing desperate hockey.

As for the Canucks, the warts are starting to show. Too many stick fouls and tripping penalties, which usually means you're chasing the play. And teams are cycling the puck in the Canucks zone, and they don't look capable of doing much about it.

Without J.T. Miller and Demko, this team would be in a world of trouble right now. I think Allvin might be more active at the TDL than people think. They're 5-5-2 in February. This team needs something more right now.
That would be overreating

many playoffs teams go through bumps in Febrruary becasue it's February

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00