Post-Game Talk: [GM61] Canucks lose to Penguins in OT | 3-4 (Hoglander, Boeser, & Miller) | Well...Dang It

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
IMG_6074.jpeg

Reactions: wonton15

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
It all started with Blueger's horrendous turnover and they never recovered. A Pejorative Slured penalty by Myers sealed the deal

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Probably the only out of step thing Miller did all game was that last OT shift. But he and Demko are the reason that they were doing so well.

Again, maybe it just goes under the radar because of things like Miller going into god-mode, but our defence wasn't good enough again tonight. It's been happening more and more down the stretch.

Like for example Bluegar gives it up on the half-wall on the 2nd goal but then the guy literally walks through Myers. Juulsen was clueless on a bunch of PKs. Zadorov controller disconnected mode a bunch of times and it cost them dearly once. Hughes kind of spinning his wheels again.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I've been defending him and giving him a long rope but this game EP should've been able to pop off. I'm tired of the pouting act. Every game you hear multiple times "Pettersson showing his frustration".
Im a big critic of him butI didnt think he played bad. You dont see him go beast mode like Miller though

Reactions: calnuck

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Without DJ, the third line which was once a strength is now a liability. They just haven't found a suitable player to play with Garland. Right now, there is zero chemistry with Garland, Lindholm and Bains

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
No kidding. A player who has had a fantastic season has a stretch where he looks less than fantastic and now he's "dead weight".

Delusional.

Probably not at all helped by the fact he's playing with two completely new players in Lindholm and Bains. At least with Suter he knows his style but trying to get used to linemates who are also trying to adjust to a new system is bound to cause some hurdles.

Reactions: Indiana and Petey O

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Probably the only out of step thing Miller did all game was that last OT shift. But he and Demko are the reason that they were doing so well.

Again, maybe it just goes under the radar because of things like Miller going into god-mode, but our defence wasn't good enough again tonight. It's been happening more and more down the stretch.

Like for example Bluegar gives it up on the half-wall on the 2nd goal but then the guy literally walks through Myers. Juulsen was clueless on a bunch of PKs. Zadorov controller disconnected mode a bunch of times and it cost them dearly once. Hughes kind of spinning his wheels again.

Really need Soucy to come back, which makes me think we need more depth on the backend compared to up front (although both would be good)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Whelp. That was a frustrating loss. Can't really say much when two of our goals were complete gifts to Pittsburgh.

I don't care who we get at the deadline but Mikheyev has to go. He is complete deadweight no matter where they put him. Pettersson and Hoglander were basically a two man crew.

Yeah, Mikheyev is all but Lee Goran'd out.

We need some top 6/middle 6 help.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Special games from Miller and Demko. Pettersson and Hoglander were buzzing.

Mikheyev and Garland need to go in the summer make way too much and can be replaced within.

Lindholm has been invisible outside 2 games.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
there was a miss call in my opinion during the O.T where Boeser got hooked but they decided not to call it. literally held up from him going back on defence which resulted in the 2 on 1, which resulted in Garland fumbling the puck than blowing a tire than puck in the back of their net.

Reactions: Indiana

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I think unfortunately we have to open the vault to sign Joshua. Look at how his absence has affected the rest of the lines. Everything is worse with him out of the lineup. They went from a contender to a playoff team.

Reactions: Indiana

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
He looked like the perfect fit for this team, but right now it looks like the complete opposite. The whole time I just thought he got tired of playing in Calgary but he just might not be that good anymore. He looks awful out there
"Awful"? Cmon now.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Garland had a down game but his whole line in general got sewered in his defense. Hard to be too tough on any of the players on that line individually considering their combined struggles. Gotta take a mulligan on it for now.

Mikheyev though is looking real rough out there

Reactions: mossey3535

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad