Post-Game Talk: [GM61] Canucks lose to Penguins in OT | 3-4 (Hoglander, Boeser, & Miller) | Well...Dang It

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
At the game last night. Thougth overall it was ragged game by the Canucka with only the preformances of a couple of players keeping the Canucks from an outright loss. Reffing was pitiful and that didn't help but still not a very good game from the team.

Good

Miller - outstanding. Back to trying to carry the team. Far and away their best player. Best thing about the game was when one of the rink began chanting "T.J. Miller. T.J. Miller ..." Haven't seen that done in years. Vancouver fans are great at recognizing how to acknowlege their great players. Remember a Bertuzzi chant like that once and Bertuzzi slightly raising his stick but you could see tears in his eyes.

Demko - outstanding. Even in OT he did everything he could to make up for the teams sometimes shoddy play.

Myers - strong at his blue line and in covering up for mistakes. Very solid all game. Just too bad player got his stick when he worked himself into the crease with a wide open net. That was a arena-wide groaner.

Hronek - when you get to see him live, you see the range he has. Still not able to improve the PP but in the genral run of the game he was creating offense and putting out fires all over the ice

Cole - watching life you realize how good his positioning is and how quickly he can shut down plays.

Not Good

Garland - hate saying this after all he'd done but he just wasn't getting there all game. I'd say his worst game of the season and I don't think he should have been out in OT

Hughes - looks extremely tired - couldn't pull away from people coming out of the zone and had major lapses in his end. If Soucy can come back and the Canucks get enough of lead then like to see him rested.

Blueger - made the one huge mistake and, outside of the PK, had trouble at both ends of the ice. Not at the top of his game.

Bains - not ready, has to work on skating. When ever he had a chance to do something quickly got chased down by Pens. Can't establish the separation to make plays. I'd say a ways to go.

I think the expression "you've got to manage your losses" applies here. Got a point when easily they could have got none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad