Post-Game Talk: [GM48] Canucks lost to Blues in OT | 3-4 (Suter x3) | Swiss Army Knife

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
When Tyler Myers made bonehead mistakes, did Tocchet call him out in those post game media scrums? Maybe he did, but I don't remember it.

I'm going to give Tocchet the benefit of the doubt in that he knows the players better than we do and knows how to motivate them. Personally, I've never liked calling out players through the media - Vigneault did it, too.

Something else, when the Lotto Line is operating, they get the attention of the opposing team's best D and checkers, as expected. When they're separated, Petey's line gets the heat. He has fought through that quite well most of this season, while carrying linemates who've been struggling. He had a tough time last night. Judging from his quote today, he took responsibility for it and didn't pass the buck.

Reactions: Indiana

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
A big nothingburger. Liked seeing Tocchet snap back at Jeff Patterson. Not a fan of some of the smarmy behaviour of the local media.

Reactions: thekernel

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
A big nothingburger. Liked seeing Tocchet snap back at Jeff Patterson. Not a fan of some of the smarmy behaviour of the local media.

Making something out of nothing is how some local media people keep their jobs.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I get that Tocchet has soured on the Lotto Line, as their five-on-five scoring has dried up.

But for the life of me, I can't see how putting Petey in the middle with the likes of Kuzmenko and Mikheyev makes things any better. Those guys can't put the puck in the ocean right now.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
When Tyler Myers made bonehead mistakes, did Tocchet call him out in those post game media scrums? Maybe he did, but I don't remember it.

I'm going to give Tocchet the benefit of the doubt in that he knows the players better than we do and knows how to motivate them. Personally, I've never liked calling out players through the media - Vigneault did it, too.

Something else, when the Lotto Line is operating, they get the attention of the opposing team's best D and checkers, as expected. When they're separated, Petey's line gets the heat. He has fought through that quite well most of this season, while carrying linemates who've been struggling. He had a tough time last night. Judging from his quote today, he took responsibility for it and didn't pass the buck.
He was being honest. Petey was off last night, the media blew it out of proportion

Reactions: Canuckle1970

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I know Canuck fans are celebrating the stuffing of the ballot box and having all their top players heading east for the all-star game in TO.

But based on my observations, some of these guys could use a rest far more than being involved in the all-star hoopla.

But I guess the Divisional team that wins the 3-3 tournament gets to split a million bucks. So it could be a lucrative weekend for some players.

Reactions: LuckyDay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad