Post-Game Talk: [GM45] Canucks defeat Coyotes | 2-1 (Pettersson & Joshua) | A Win is a Win

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
so as i was driving from work, a little before the game started, i saw someone walking by international village wearing a vrbata jersey

and i just thought, that poor bastard. the jersey is eight years old, because that’s how long ago vrbata played here, so this obviously isn’t the kind of guy who regularly buys jerseys. to decide, hey it’s time to invest a couple hundred bucks on a customized canucks jersey, right when the team was about to nosedive into the absolute shitter… man can you imagine? i hope his ticket to tonight’s game was comped because the team owes him one.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
so as i was driving from work, a little before the game started, i saw someone walking by international village wearing a vrbata jersey

and i just thought, that poor bastard. the jersey is eight years old, because that’s how long ago vrbata played here, so this obviously isn’t the kind of guy who regularly buys jerseys. to decide, hey it’s time to invest a couple hundred bucks on a customized canucks jersey, right when the team was about to nosedive into the absolute shitter… man can you imagine? i hope his ticket to tonight’s game was comped because the team owes him one.

Good chance they bought it discount a year or two after he was off the team either 2nd hand or at one of the fan event merch dumps they do*.

*or used to do. I haven't been a season ticket holder for some time.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In years gone by, this is the kind of game the Canucks would inevitably find a way to lose. But they ground out a 2-1 result against a Coyote team that played a strong game.

Canuncks dominant in the first; let it slip for portions of the second; but locked it down in the third period. If their PP could have gone better than 1-5 they might have put this one away earlier.

Another strong effort by the Garland line; and I thought Hoglander and Joshua had strong nights. Kumenko benched in the third period with the Canucks protecting a lead. Just can't see what kind of future he has in Vancouver.

Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Multiple giveaways and trash plays by mik in the third period alone, not a mention in the gdt or here so far, and he was up on the pp... created absolutely nothing, lost Multiple board battles, no problem. "Responsible defensively"

Meanwhile kuz is benched, had more and better offensive opportunities without a third period shift, and we should waive him....?!?!

Unbelievable. This place is insane sometimes, I just went through this exact same thing with boeser last year I can't do it again pls.

A no confidence kuz didn't have a great game but don't at me with even strength pp60 ridiculousness.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
That's what's wrong with him! The team doctors accidentally swapped his hands onto the wrong arms.

giphy.gif

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Multiple giveaways and trash plays by mik in the third period alone, not a mention in the gdt or here so far, and he was up on the pp... created absolutely nothing, lost Multiple board battles, no problem. "Responsible defensively"

Meanwhile kuz is benched, had more and better offensive opportunities without a third period shift, and we should waive him....?!?!

Unbelievable. This place is insane sometimes, I just went through this exact same thing with boeser last year I can't do it again pls.

A no confidence kuz didn't have a great game but don't at me with even strength pp60 ridiculousness.
Mikheyev didn't get five-and-a-half minutes of PP time like Kuzmenko did.

He's also been, the last couple of games aside, far better as a forechecker and as a defensive forward. He's also outscoring Kuzmenko.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Mikheyev didn't get five-and-a-half minutes of PP time like Kuzmenko did.
He had opportunities and created chances on them, 2 sog.
One giveaway and confidence crushing insta benched.

Meanwhile lafferty goes to that line aaaaaaaand nothing..
Mik multiple 3rd period giveaways, failed clears, lost battles, no offense created aaaaaand nothing.

Reactions: Indiana

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Based on his shoot percentage Kuzmenko needs 6.5 shots per game or like 8 grade A chances to get a goal. Getting a couple of looks per game isn't good enough for a low-volume shooter who's a fairly average passer,

Mik multiple 3rd period giveaways, failed clears, lost battles, no offense created aaaaaand nothing.
Lafferty has 2 more goals since November 2nd than Kuzmenko does, with less ice time and faaaaar less PP time.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

Kuz just looks lost, he's not getting into position to be involved in the play 5 on 5 or on the powerplay.

I'm not sure his confidence could be affected by the benching, as it was probably zero to begin with

Reactions: Indiana and calnuck

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Based on his shoot percentage Kuzmenko needs 6.5 shots per game or like 8 grade A chances to get a goal. Getting a couple of looks per game isn't good enough for a low-volume shooter who's a fairly average passer,
How can he possibly get near that with no confidence, constant fear of benching or pressbox, and playing with offensive black holes who created nothing as his replacement?

Lafferty has 2 more goals since November 2nd than Kuzmenko does, with less ice time and faaaaar less PP time.
Play lafferty with Mikheyev and bench him immediately after a turnover and then tell me how many goals he has pls and thx.

Reactions: Indiana

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
How can he possibly get near that with no confidence, constant fear of benching or pressbox, and playing with offensive black holes who created nothing as his replacement?
How does Joshua do it? How does Lafferty do it? How does Mikheyev do it? How did Hoglander go from the doghouse to playing a regular shift? These are all players who have more points and in most cases goals, since November 2nd, than Kuzmenko has.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
How does Joshua do it? How does Lafferty do it? How does Mikheyev do it? How did Hoglander go from the doghouse to playing a regular shift? These are all players who have more points and in most cases goals, since November 2nd, than Kuzmenko has.
Do you know what confidence means, and did you see EP with and then immediately without Mikheyev?
Joshua is a great surprise but that third line has great confidence and excellent chemistry, garland was in the cap dump talk a few weeks ago...
Put Mikheyev with Joshua and suter see what happens.

Hoglander is an excellent player coming into his own, he should be getting a promotion for awhile now.

Reactions: B-rock and Indiana

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I want them to give Joshua a shot on the PP as the net front presence just to shake it up.

When he's on, he's on.
I actually really like this idea! Hughes, Pettersson, Miller and Boeser can do their thing while Joshua is the big body in front of the net with silky hands to boot. Feels like it could work.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Do you know what confidence means, and did you see EP with and then immediately without Mikheyev?
EP was still a PPG player before we reunited the Lotto Line and was still producing on the PP. Kuzmenko, on that same PP... nothing.

You're talking to the guy who has graphs that show scoring by 5 game segments. Pettersson's worst 10-game stretch has 7 points and Kuzmenko has 12 points in his last 29.

Reactions: stampedingviking

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
EP was still a PPG player before we reunited the Lotto Line and was still producing on the PP. Kuzmenko, on that same PP... nothing.
On the pp. Without Mikheyev. And we we're talking about whats wrong with him for weeks amd weeks dont pretend like that didn't happen.

Off that line and instantly the old EP looks likea top 1C again...
"Ep is back" "would be top 5 in pts if the lotto line was together all year"

Kuz looked fine on the pp, even literally today until the last one. Multiple opportunities.
With more confidence he certainly would be better thats very frequently correlated.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Garland has 14pts in his last 19 games playing ~14 mins per night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad