Post-Game Talk: [GM45] Canucks defeat Coyotes | 2-1 (Pettersson & Joshua) | A Win is a Win

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It's probably time to bring someone up from the farm for the top-six, I don't care who it is but you need to try something with that second line until you make a trade.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
His turnover was so embarrassing, but to be fair I thought for a second that was a Canuck and not Keller.

On the flip, there were probably a handful of other moments that made me pinch my nose.

Yeah it wasn't just the turnover. His effort on the goal against was bad. There were several other moments where he didn't have his legs and looked lost. The biggest problem is he has no identity. He's not contributing in any meaningful way. Him and Mikheyev are eating up over 10m in cap space and not doing anything. If there's any surgery that still needs to be done on the roster, it's creating a dependable 2nd line.

Last edited:

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I wonder if somebody like the BlackHawks would take Kuzmenko. We can't have 5 million in cap space doing nothing and getting scratched. That money would be a huge trade deadline acquisition.

Reactions: Indiana

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
“He’s playing on a third line with Suter as his center”

THE ENTIRE 4TH LINE OUT PRODUCE HIM IN THE LAST 10 GAMES WITH AMAN AS THE CENTER

Someone on Twitter pointed out, the core players are passing around him on PP1.

Reactions: calnuck

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I've been a big Kuzmenko supporter but that was a horrendous game by him. He's not been able to find a spot anywhere in the line-up, got removed from the 1st unit powerplay (which is actually a mistake as it moves much better with him there even if he's the 5th option), and didn't see any action in the 3rd.
Yeah, horrible. Even before the giveaway he had like 3 botched o-zone entries.

Reactions: Vector

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the yotes first line is fun. they haven't had anything like that in a while.

kuzmenko seems like he should be able to play straight up hockey but i think he is just instinctively a non-conformist. he's going to get scratched soon.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Do one for Kuzmenko
kuz muffins.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad