Post-Game Talk: [GM15] Canucks defeat Canadiens | 5-2 (Garland, Mikheyev, Joshua, Boeser, and PDG) | Right Back At It

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Normally I would say that we should handle Montreal easily but they actually played us pretty close for awhile. And they beat Boston last night so you can't take that lightly.

Still not a great Tocchet-esque effort though. Hughes/Hronek were horrid for 1.5 periods, then when they split up the pairs Juulsen managed to drag down whatever pair he was on. Myers also back to his old self for big parts of the game.

Bottom-6 I thought was decent except for Blueger but he has the rust excuse. Beauvillier I again didn't like but I give him credit for stepping up the tempo slightly in the 3rd. Garland I think played simpler and got rewarded for it.

I know EP keeps pulling points out of his ass but he looks worse and worse at points. Sure better than last night but still pretty passive. Mikheyev got a goal but he's not getting in on the forecheck as well, Kuz is a ghost.

Even the Miller line isn't really getting in as effectively as before. I think in general the forwards are dropping the ball on both the forecheck and there just isn't as much effort to help the defence hold the line on rushes. Overall it's giving opposing teams more chances than we've seen in the dominant games they've had. Still finding a way to win least than optimal games but they're also not good enough to be getting credit for that regularly.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Agreed, they never had a star player. Last was maybe Kovalev and Subban (During his very short prime).

Goaltending and depth has been the key when they’ve been good. I’ve rarely seen them look terrible though. Even when they have bad record seasons it seems like they’re in most games

Reactions: Indiana

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Anyway, glad we got the win, we absolutely need to start making some trades to shore up our depth as you can see we're not quite there yet. However, my expectations for this season have gone up dramatically.

Whereas last year I had all but given up on the team, now I think a successful season is finishing 8-12th overall in the league and putting up a serious fight in the first round of the playoffs. Anything else would be a bonus for me personally.

We're on the upswing, yay!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
He did a post game interview and had a bloody stump of a wrist so he should be good to go Wednesday

Unsure if true but, I read back then that someone was having a fight at a bar and got his hand cut clean off, so he punched the other dude in the face.

With his bloody stump.

Bruh...

Oilers giving us great quotes this year

They gonna surround McDavid the invisible GM with all the people he likes. What if they fail, what happens then?

• Wow
Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad