News Article: GM Steve Staios looking for veteran help to assist the Senators' young core

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I said it will PROBABLY cost an asset like Greig or Kleven or high pick to get rid of Norris or Chabot contract because they are not worth 8 MM$

Where did I suggest to trade Greig?
Simple question Where?

You said guys like Greig will "probably... have to be sacrificed". I said you don't sacrifice guys like Greig. You responded with an ironic, "We all love our 29th place in the standings I agree with you ding ding ding", suggesting that sacrificing a guy like Greig is a necessary evil, unless we're satisfied finishing 29th in the league.

What was I supposed to take from this exchange? If you don't want to be misinterpreted, respond with an actual statement, not some snarky "ding ding ding" comment.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Its a lot words, but it sounds like you backed DJ. As I recall, you backed the others in this regime, so I suppose you're consistent. What's odd is you had a lot of patience for that old regime and was willing to cut them slack for a prolonged period of time.

I don't see the Martin's results as being much different than DJs. The big difference is that DJ was around for a while with a poor track record (we won NADA), whereas Martin has been the coach for a short period of time.
I would prefer to have a full time head coach than Martin as interim; however, Martin should provide better coaching than DJ and hopefully will be able to get the players to play better without the puck in all zones. I think we need to focus on defensive play for a while to stop the shots and goals against. Some offence will have to be sacrificed to get there.

I would like to get a coach like Tortorella who knows how the game should be played and communicates that to his players. He also holds them responsible and is not afraid to sit them for a shift or two to make the point that they must play his way.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
You said guys like Greig will "probably... have to be sacrificed". I said you don't sacrifice guys like Greig. You responded with an ironic, "We all love our 29th place in the standings I agree with you ding ding ding", suggesting that sacrificing a guy like Greig is a necessary evil, unless we're satisfied finishing 29th in the league.

What was I supposed to take from this exchange? If you don't want to be misinterpreted, respond with an actual statement, not some snarky "ding ding ding" comment.
You implied I suggested to trade Greig wich I never did and that it was stupid to suggest that

I you don't want to be misinterpreted, respond with an actual statement , not some accusations of stupidity on a statement I never made

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
You implied I suggested to trade Greig wich I never did and that it was stupid to suggest that

I you don't want to be misinterpreted, respond with an actual statement , not some accusations of stupidity on a statement I never made

The only point I was trying to make is that we should not trade Greig to get off contracts. If we agree on that, great.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It is smart to wait till the offseason to finalize coaching. Some names might pop up like Brindamour.

If gruden is their guy then they can't bring him in till the offseason anyways

Reactions: Loach

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It is smart to wait till the offseason to finalize coaching. Some names might pop up like Brindamour.

If gruden is their guy then they can't bring him in till the offseason anyways
If Gruden is hired as the new head coach, it would seem that Andlauer is not choosing the best available coach. The decision would seem to be based on past working relationships with Staios and Andlauer rather than specific criteria for a coach.

If there is an experienced and successful coach available now who has the style and approach required to be successful (teacher, motivator, focused on playing 2 way hockey), then we should hire him asap, nor wait for the off season.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
If Gruden is hired as the new head coach, it would seem that Andlauer is not choosing the best available coach. The decision would seem to be based on past working relationships with Staios and Andlauer rather than specific criteria for a coach.

If there is an experienced and successful coach available now who has the style and approach required to be successful (teacher, motivator, focused on playing 2 way hockey), then we should hire him asap, nor wait for the off season.
What if Gruden is the next Cooper?

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
What if he is not?
What if they can't see why kids love the taste of cinnamon crunch?
1705013715427.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Its a lot words, but it sounds like you backed DJ. As I recall, you backed the others in this regime, so I suppose you're consistent. What's odd is you had a lot of patience for that old regime and was willing to cut them slack for a prolonged period of time.

I don't see the Martin's results as being much different than DJs. The big difference is that DJ was around for a while with a poor track record (we won NADA), whereas Martin has been the coach for a short period of time.
Never liked DJS, because he came from the leafs…. But was willing to give him a chance to prove himself to be a NHL headcoach….. never proved it me…. But like the haters, I am not a whiner, and didn’t post daily diatribes, as I knew it would be useless…DJS would be gone when he was gone. NOT jumping on the hate bandwagon, isn’t “support” for the old regime…. Calling balls a strikes is more my style….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad