GDT: GM#70 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:00

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What about the non-call last night when the AZ player threw his stick after getting a penalty??

Doughty got an extra two minute penalty a few games ago for throwing his stick in the penalty box.

Total BS!!!

Completely different circumstances, there is no way that penalty would be called last night, hell I wouldn't call that in beer league.

Reactions: Herby

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
No, was around before the Lombardi years when everyone was doing the same, but my god they brought it up a notch last night,

I don't know how people can go into a game thinking the opponent is going to lie down and make it easy.

The Kings absolutely played like crap, but holy hell if you listened to the board, you would think they are taking food off your table, and taking your family away from yall. Seriously some of you guys should think about getting some restraining orders from yourselves.....your second personality is wicked dangerous

You my friend are preaching to the choir I have been labeled " the blowing sunshine up ur skirt guy"this year by the doom and groom group in here. I left the thread last night for a while after the labeling of Campbell of a ahl garbage goalie in his 2nd start after the 1st period. I saw the writing on the wall and knew it was going to be a bitch fest thread. The thread imo needed a mod to mellow this out however gdt your mostly allowed to bitch how you want and it goes thru This group of posters is mostly a glass half empty type of posters and they prey on glass half full posters.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Alright, enough shots at one another.

Completely different circumstances, there is no way that penalty would be called last night, hell I wouldn't call that in beer league.

Then you wouldn't be following the USA Hockey nor the NHL rulebook, and that's your perogative, but to act like it shouldn't be called is a matter of opinion.

Players aren't making a big deal about it and everyone else has moved on as maybe they should, but Hammer literally picked up his broken stick just to throw it down in a tantrum. We came off a game where we were punished for similar showmanship. Don't blame anyone at all for wondering aloud why so selective.

Reactions: KingTrouty

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Alright, enough shots at one another.

Then you wouldn't be following the USA Hockey nor the NHL rulebook, and that's your perogative, but to act like it shouldn't be called is a matter of opinion.

Players aren't making a big deal about it and everyone else has moved on as maybe they should, but Hammer literally picked up his broken stick just to throw it down in a tantrum. We came off a game where we were punished for similar showmanship. Don't blame anyone at all for wondering aloud why so selective.

It shouldn't be called, not in the pro game, to act like it should, I dunno, not the word or phrase exactly, but it's to interject yourself and wishes into the game, do you as a fan want it called, sure, I guess, it benefits your team, but taking the fandom away from everything, that's not gonna be called.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
BTW, I'm not taking shots at anyone, just calling them like I see it, some posters go WAY WAY WAY beyond the normal realm of wanting your team to win etc, its generally amusing.

Put it this way, there was literally an argument about Keumper vs Campbell in a game where NO ONE SHOWED UP, the parties involved, particulary those saying campbell is an AHL goalie, cite the fact that he let two goals in, as proof that Keumper should never have been traded, despite one goal being a seeing eye goal that needed several bounces, and one being a point blank shot from 5 feet out,

It's just amazing the bi-polarism of the fan base, that's all.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
BTW, I'm not taking shots at anyone, just calling them like I see it, some posters go WAY WAY WAY beyond the normal realm of wanting your team to win etc, its generally amusing.

Put it this way, there was literally an argument about Keumper vs Campbell in a game where NO ONE SHOWED UP, the parties involved, particulary those saying campbell is an AHL goalie, cite the fact that he let two goals in, as proof that Keumper should never have been traded, despite one goal being a seeing eye goal that needed several bounces, and one being a point blank shot from 5 feet out,

It's just amazing the bi-polarism of the fan base, that's all.

Kinda like the team.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
fbeXj8S.jpg

13 points away from matching the same amount of points they had in 2015, when they missed the post season. That might be enough to get in this year however.

In order to get to 13 points, they'll need 6.5 wins out of the remaining 11 games. It isn't going to be easy.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This thread turned into who's more holier than thou. Fascinating and out of place for yesterday's game.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
fbeXj8S.jpg

13 points away from matching the same amount of points they had in 2015, when they missed the post season. That might be enough to get in this year however.

In order to get to 13 points, they'll need 6.5 wins out of the remaining 11 games. It isn't going to be easy.
They have 12 games left.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
They have 12 games left.

They have to pretty much win more than half of the games, or at least get 15 of a possible 24 points to get in.

The Kings are 7-4-1 in the previous 12 games, with losses against Dallas, Edmonton, Chicago, St. Louis, and Arizona in a shootout.

Four of those five teams are lottery teams. Points left on the table.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
fbeXj8S.jpg

That year they also tied the record being at 95 points and not making the playoffs.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Somewhat ironic that repeatedly accusing others of being "holier than thou" actually comes off as being holier than thou.

Digressing though, it is a message board with the GDT being a snapshot of a poster's feelings in real time. Those that usually only post after the game have the edge of being removed from the heat of the moment while the GDT's sole purpose is to pretty much be a temperature gauge of how the game is going at a specific point in time.

Kings are playing like ass? "I hope they miss the playoffs and trade Carter"

Kings are beating Arizona at home by four goals? "I think this team is going to make noise in the playoffs."

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Somewhat ironic that repeatedly accusing others of being "holier than thou" actually comes off as being holier than thou.

Digressing though, it is a message board with the GDT being a snapshot of a poster's feelings in real time. Those that usually only post after the game have the edge of being removed from the heat of the moment while the GDT's sole purpose is to pretty much be a temperature gauge of how the game is going at a specific point in time.

Kings are beating Arizona at home by four goals? "I think this team is going to make noise in the playoffs."

I think you mean:

Kings are beating Arizona at home by four goals? "So what, Arizona is garbage and the Kings SHOULD beat them. Get back to me when they beat a real team."

;)

Reactions: BigKing

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

Some people have a hard time of understanding that. Some posters can be extreme and others run with their comments and drag it into the next GDT. If someone is having a weak game you bet I'm gonna complain about it, I don't care what they did in 2012/2014 or won many awards, if they are presently not playing well they are gonna get called out.

Some comments after Campbell's weak goals we're hilarious. We know Campbell is not elite, he'll never be on Quick's level but let's not act like Quick hasn't had his fair share of bad games.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
You hit the nail on the head.

Doughty never shoots the puck on net but meanwhile 75% of his assists are deflected shots on goal, two more yesterday!

Yet people keep whining about this.
The issue for most people with Doughty is he only seems to have one weapon in his offensive repertoire from the point, and that's his slap shot. If it doesn't get blocked, and if he gets it on net the results can be good as they were on two occasions against Arizona.

There are times when he has a nice screen set up in front where the accuracy of a wrist shot is preferred. Doughty seldom does anything other than slap the puck. If he would shoot more wrist shots, he would be even more effective.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It shouldn't be called, not in the pro game, to act like it should, I dunno, not the word or phrase exactly, but it's to interject yourself and wishes into the game, do you as a fan want it called, sure, I guess, it benefits your team, but taking the fandom away from everything, that's not gonna be called.

No and to be fair to the refs they were excellent last night imo. So in the big picture I'm ok with it not being called. But being about a week removed from a ref who did impose on the game by making a terrible call then doubling down by further punishing Drew in the box, this really wasn't that much different. Hammer disagreed with a call (which was a technical foul too, not even a marginal slashing/hooking call) and literally hunted down a piece of his broken stick just so he could chuck it down to show up the refs like "See? My stick was broken. how could you call that?" before huffing off to the box. He's fortunate that this particular crew did not have an ego and were solidly in control because they were well within their rights as per either rulebook to give him a misconduct if nothing else.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
There are other ways to respond when you are about to lose your cool.

There are a few posters, who just keep whining. No matter what. I get totally annoyed when I sit next to such a person. They just can't understand that refs make mistakes, that you can't play with 110% effort for 82 games, that not every bottom defender will play mistake free, that players will have scoring droughts.....etc etc.

Not to mention all the comments about what Rob Blake should have done, IN RETROSPECT for Christ sakes ! Express your opinion right away, not afterwards and so now and then admit you have been wrong if you were. A few here have an agenda against something or somebody and they just keep rolling that agenda, no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad