GDT: GM#69 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Man, thats some scary lines,

I don't know why he insists on taking Iafallo away from Kopitar, the kids a freaking spark plug of energy, Toffoli has been playing better lately, and Pearson has been braindead, he can be traded as far as I'm concerned, he's a dime a dozen player out there now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kings seem to play better when the home crowd is engaged.

Lots of cheap tickets available on secondary market for tonight. Hope this leads to people going that are usually priced out and they really get into it. I'm taking a hard pass on tonight after Saturday's disaster.
You mean cranking the crowd noise and music up to 120 db through the PA system doesn't get the team excited?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings seem to play better when the home crowd is engaged.

Lots of cheap tickets available on secondary market for tonight. Hope this leads to people going that are usually priced out and they really get into it. I'm taking a hard pass on tonight after Saturday's disaster.
It seems like the crowds at Staples were a lot more loud and racous BEFORE the Kings won a cup. These days the audience is much more relaxed.

I don't know if it's because a different type of people attend the games now, or because we as fanbase just aren't as hungry anymore. Maybe it's a combination of both.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It seems like the crowds at Staples were a lot more loud and racous BEFORE the Kings won a cup. These days the audience is much more relaxed.

I don't know if it's because a different type of people attend the games now, or because we as fanbase just aren't as hungry anymore. Maybe it's a combination of both.
The Kings have played some pretty uninspired hockey over the last 4 seasons, especially at home.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I am okay with it, but somehow we waste Kempe’s biggest strength on the 3rd line.

He has a very good shot but as soon as this line arrives in the offensive zone, they have a line change again.

Wished he could play some minutes with Kopitar.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I am okay with it, but somehow we waste Kempe’s biggest strength on the 3rd line.

He has a very good shot but as soon as this line arrives in the offensive zone, they have a line change again.

Wished he could play some minutes with Kopitar.

Adrian Kempe hasn't scored a goal in a month and hasn't gotten a point since the Edmonton game. If there's a player on our roster who gets romanticized because of flash over substance/performance, it's him.

If he's going for a line change as soon as his line reaches the ozone, it's because he lost the faceoff and he's terrible defensively.

I'm sure after some line juggling he'll get some shifts in the top-six with guys like Carter and Kopitar. We definitely need more from him.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Will Campbell be starting on the 2nd half of the back to back do you think?

Picked him up in fantasy.... as my starters are IR - figured this may be the best spot to ask as there is a game tomorrow.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Adrian Kempe hasn't scored a goal in a month and hasn't gotten a point since the Edmonton game. If there's a player on our roster who gets romanticized because of flash over substance/performance, it's him.

If he's going for a line change as soon as his line reaches the ozone, it's because he lost the faceoff and he's terrible defensively.

I'm sure after some line juggling he'll get some shifts in the top-six with guys like Carter and Kopitar. We definitely need more from him.

He's even lost that flashiness. He'd even get somewhat physical here and there, and that's gone away. His TOI and shift numbers are a little less, but basically the same, as they were before Carter got back. Not playing with the same players though.

Up through to when Carter came back, 71 points in 61 games, which would be 95 over 82 games. 4-3 with Carter back, which would be 94 points in 82 games.

3-3-1 against the West with Carter, including a couple early season games. 1-3-1 at home against the West with Carter this season, and outscored 22-14. The 4 losses have been to teams that are behind the Kings in the standings. The Calgary loss was 3 games into the season, but it set off the season long struggle against the West in LA. Early goal against, then down 2-0, then go up 3-2, then can't hold a 3rd period lead, then lose in OT. Tkachuk comes in and scores the 1st and 3rd goals for the Flames.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

I think you sell him short.

Iafallo didnt score for two months.

Kempe is not a C, never learnt to take faceoffs. Who can blame him.

Kempe is 3rd on the team in takeaways and many of his goals are scored because of it. Thats defense.

He is having a scoring drought, his FIRST this season. Now if he had sucked this whole season, okay, but saying he gets romanticized because of flash over substance/performance, than i respectfully disagree. I even smell European bias again.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad