GDT: GM#69 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Vancouver Canucks(25-35-9, 59pts, 7th in Pacfic) :thumbd:@ Los Angeles Kings(37-26-5, 79 pts, 4th in Pacific):thumbu:
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30 pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: 790 KABC

QUICK STATS
Previous meeting: VAN 6-2

:kings:nucks
PP/PK15th/2nd8th/26th
Faceoffs19th20th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar:27 goals, 47 assists, 74 pointsBrock Boeser: 29 goals, 26 assists, 55 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines*
:kings
NXRBFlb.png

GRWTbZJ.png

Skrmy5l.png

Extras: Kevin Gravel, Paul Ladue, Andy Andreoff, Tobias Reider
Injuries: None!

:nucks
8v1qjxQ.png

9VcpMrt.png

2zZ5KXA.png

Injuries: Derek Dorsett, Brendan Gaunce, Markus Granlund, Loui Eriksson, Chris Tanev, Sven Baertschi, Brock Boeser

News/Notes:
  • Kings bad Saturday. Will hope to play better against the Vancouver Canucks (LOL).

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
There's worrisome players on this roster but it's too late in the season to give up now plus everyone else fighting for a playoff spot sucks too, they need to keep on pushing forward.

Reactions: KingTrouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There is ZERO excuse to not win this game. Absolutely none. An injury riddled lottery team whose goalie can't win a game against anyone but the Kings while we're coming off a blowout loss and should be extremely motivated and pretty well-rested.

I'm an eternal optimist, but if we blow this one, I'm done. If we don't get 5 of the next 6 points, in fact.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
The Canucks just lost 1-0 to the Phoenix f***ing Coyotes just yesterday.

With their leading scorer out, zero reason Kings couldn’t run right over this team.

3-0 Kings

Reactions: sdgulls

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You know enough is enough when RJ is about to throw in the towel and I'm the one being the optimist lol. Don't blame you guys, if they get embarrassed I'll join yah.

I literally cannot manufacture an excuse, haha.

Winning streak? Maybe this is a trap game because we're looking past the opponent, but nope, we're fresh off a loss, desperately need the points, and we play a team even lower in the standings next. Maybe if Vancouver is hot? Nope, 2-5-3 in last 10, one of the worst in the league. Full-strength Van team? Maybe, like Az, they're playing loosey-goosey because they have nothing to lose and have a good amount of talent, but nope--many major impact injuries and we have more talent than them on-ice. Guys are playing for jobs so they'll work hard, so if we lose, it's just because we got outworked.

They're likely to play that boring ass trap and counterattack game to hang in the game as long as possible so that first goal is important as is puck management.

I'm worried this is one of those games where we have possession for the first 8 minutes but their first possession will draw a garbage penalty and a PP goal.

Reactions: yankeeking

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Canucks lead the season series, 2-1-0.

I expect Nic Dowd to score. He only has two goals this season, and one of them was against his former team, so why not let him get out of his funk and do it again?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kings seem to play better when the home crowd is engaged.

Lots of cheap tickets available on secondary market for tonight. Hope this leads to people going that are usually priced out and they really get into it. I'm taking a hard pass on tonight after Saturday's disaster.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kings seem to play better when the home crowd is engaged.

Lots of cheap tickets available on secondary market for tonight. Hope this leads to people going that are usually priced out and they really get into it. I'm taking a hard pass on tonight after Saturday's disaster.

The Kings also do help lull the crowd into a sleep with their play. In fact, on Saturday, it appeared that the team joined the audience in taking a nap for 60 minutes.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FWIW These were the lines at practice yesterday, but Rosen was unsure if they'll actually lineup like this.
Pearson-Kopitar-Brown
Rieder-Carter-Lewis
Kempe-Clifford-Amadio-Mitchell
Iafallo-Andreoff-Toffoli-Thompson

Reactions: KingTrouty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad