GDT: GM #4 LA Kings vs Buffalo Sabres @7:30

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Via Twitter : The Mayor: LA .Kings are now 3-0-1 with a lineup Darryl Sutter would have NEVER used... Even if his job depended on it.

Totally agree.

PS: Hey mods, how do you embed tweets or yt vids in the new version of HF?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
This team continues to win even when not firing on all cylinders. The D wasn't great tonight, but Quick and the forwards stepped up. Didn't get much production against Philly, but the D was outstanding. When the te am fell behind and Quick struggled a bit against Calgary, the team found a way to get a point.

Great start to the season, the team looks like a team again.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This was a good game. The crowd sounded like a playoff game. Quick was great, Iafallo is a gem, Brown is absolutely on fire and playing with swagger again. I don’t care if this team wins or loses as long as they give it their all out there. Past years were so lifeless; this is fun to watch and the guys are enjoying it.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Via Twitter : The Mayor: LA .Kings are now 3-0-1 with a lineup Darryl Sutter would have NEVER used... Even if his job depended on it.

Totally agree.

PS: Hey mods, how do you embed tweets or yt vids in the new version of HF?
You click Media (to the right of Image) and post the link of what you want.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Albeit Kane had a stupid penalty that led to Doughty's winning goal, I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on a new contract with him next season.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Seems like Sutter was a thousand pounds of kryptonite around Brown's neck, but there hasn't been a ton of scoring outside of Brown and Kopitar. The roster is also currently made up of the fewest vets from the Cup teams, and fewest vets in general, since before the Cups, and the only guy they actively got rid of was Nolan. Shouldn't forget that Quick wasn't around last year. They were also in 1st place on 1/1/16, before slowly losing the division by the last game of the season. They were also 4-1-1 before Voynov. Sutter also used Dowd more. Used Kempe more. Brodzinski more.

The Kings are 3-0-1 right now because Quick has been Quick, Brown seems to have had the greatest turnaround by a player after multiple consecutive seasons of not a whole lot going on maybe ever, and Kopitar is producing like a $13m player.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
How was the muzzin/Martinez pairing tonight?

Started out really shaky, but I thought they got better as the night went on. Muzzin looked off defensively again. It's just something about those two together that doesn't want to work.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Andreoff definitely shouldn't be playing . I'd rather see

Kempe-Shore-Lewis
Cammy-Dowd-Brodzinski

When Gaborik comes back we will be even deeper with depth and I think he will flourish in this system.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
I'm really hoping brown continues his play all year. It's so great to see him getting rewarded early as no one works harder in the off-season than he does.

At the same time starting to worry about Carter. That whole line in fact needs to wake up 5 on 5

Reactions: KingTrouty

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Andreoff definitely shouldn't be playing . I'd rather see

Kempe-Shore-Lewis
Cammy-Dowd-Brodzinski
I thought he was fine. Couple shifts in the 2nd period where he contributed to some great opportunities. One thing about AA -- his tight space stick handling is pretty decent for a scrub. There were a few times where I thought he'd cycle the puck or dump it behind the net, but he managed to hold on to it. Dowd is pretty good at this as well. I think the 3LW spot is AA's to lose until Clifford returns.

Reactions: HookKing

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings look like a team that's still feeling things out with a new coaching staff. There's a lot of miscommunication. Sometimes guys look like they're not sure about where to be or what to do exactly.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Other than Muzzin not stopping the pass on the 2 on 1 no huge mistakes. The missed empty net was unfortunate but at least there was an opportunity. Brown, starting the season with a vengeance. Don't know how long it will last but he gets one bad game free of criticism from me later in the season

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Started out really shaky, but I thought they got better as the night went on. Muzzin looked off defensively again. It's just something about those two together that doesn't want to work.
100%. I think it's more Muzzin than Martinez, but I'm not so sure.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I thought he was fine. Couple shifts in the 2nd period where he contributed to some great opportunities. One thing about AA -- his tight space stick handling is pretty decent for a scrub. There were a few times where I thought he'd cycle the puck or dump it behind the net, but he managed to hold on to it. Dowd is pretty good at this as well. I think the 3LW spot is AA's to lose until Clifford returns.
Yeah he's not going to be a world beater but he's been better than Squid.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Brodzinski has shown nothing his time here, send him back down to the A and call up Mersch or someone hungry.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yep, its prove it in 8 career games or you're out.

How about "Try to establish yourself and integrate your game at this level for 8 games, then go back to a lower level to work on it."

Kempe, while making errors, at least has an identity to his game.

Brodzinski doesn't even look like he knows what he wants to be. He is thinking way too much and is not keeping up with the pace of being decisive.

This is with easy minutes, too.

I don't see how anyone can defend him playing in the NHL at this point with a straight face.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
How about "Try to establish yourself and integrate your game at this level for 8 games, then go back to a lower level to work on it."

Kempe, while making errors, at least has an identity to his game.

Brodzinski doesn't even look like he knows what he wants to be. He is thinking way too much and is not keeping up with the pace of being decisive.

This is with easy minutes, too.

I don't see how anyone can defend him playing in the NHL at this point with a straight face.

Spot on.

As good as he's been on the first line, I'd rather see Iafallo with Dowd and Kempe. Brodzinski needs to be able to work away from the puck, it really looks like he's never done what is being asked of him before. He's being asked to create and he's not a creator, he's a finisher. The alternative is to keep the first line intact and find someone who can play the 3rd line role. Camm doesn't fit there either, both guys are square peg round hole. Both of them would fit better in the top 6, but I can see why Stevens wouldn't want to mess with it.

I did think that line was better than last game, but that's not saying much as they were completely overmatched against Calgary. Brodz either needs to be put where he has had success or get some more time in Ontario.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I'd like to see Iafallo play with Lewis and someone who can finish. Their speed could create all kinds of havoc and space for a goalscorer.

And Brodz will go down to work on his game when Gaborik comes back.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'd like to see Iafallo play with Lewis and someone who can finish. Their speed could create all kinds of havoc and space for a goalscorer.

And Brodz will go down to work on his game when Gaborik comes back.

Robin: Holy injuries Batman. When will Gaborik be back?
Batman: To the Instagram!

As for Iafallo, he's fine where he is. I don't want to mess with the top line while it's working.

Reactions: Reaper45

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Other than Muzzin not stopping the pass on the 2 on 1 no huge mistakes. The missed empty net was unfortunate but at least there was an opportunity. Brown, starting the season with a vengeance. Don't know how long it will last but he gets one bad game free of criticism from me later in the season
Wasn’t that Martinez on the 2-1?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad