Pre-Game Talk: GM#30|Bolts @ ACC|20/3/13|7PM|Time to break this losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
matt iaboni ‏@mattiaboni
Grabo on living up to his contract: "No problem. My wife spends all the money... Sorry wife" #TMLtalk #Leafs

LMFAO

Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun
Carlyle: "The fire that Grabo has inside of him is burning him up when he is not playing to the level he is capable of playing." #Leafs

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Leafs' Carlyle says recent line changes all about finding a group that can provide 'sound checking for stretches in a game'

:laugh:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran
Won't stop twitter from fixating RT @koshtorontosun: Carlyle cautioned against solidifying on today's lines. Should be clearer tomorrow.

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets
Randy carlyle says to not read anything into line matchups today. They could change tomorrow. #tmltalk

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts
Grabovski says he's "happy" with way things going with #Leafs. Why not? Thanks to Kostitsyn, he's only second-worst NHL player from Belarus. <- I hate shoalts.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590
Grabovski says he doesn't mind being split with Kulemin "he needs to score more goals maybe its for the better"

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I remain optimistic, and though that optimism doesn't really have its roots in reason (knowing this team's recent history), I can't see them letting this season slip away. They should rather die of cardiac arrest from overexertion than suffer the embarrassment of another failed season.

I predict a regulation win against TB.

Nice odin picture :D

Grabovski: 'I'm happy every day. I'm happy bc we're in a playoff position. That's more important than my game.'

Is Grabovski thinking too much?: 'Too much? I don't know. Maybe a little bit.'

Grabovski on shootout snub: 'I don't know, just coach's decision ... guys who went in shootout score more goals than me probably'

Grabovski at start of huge scrum: 'So many cameras just for one question'

Michael Traikos ‏@Michael_Traikos
#Leafs Grabovski on communication with coach Randy Carlyle: "He tell me I need to fix face-off, so I fix face-off. The next step, I wait."

Grabovski on Carlyle's critique: 'About face-off? I feel pretty good right now bc he talk to me & last few games I play pretty good.'

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm not sure if it's just me but judging by his last few comments, Grabovski has ZERO confidence in himself anymore.

I'm not sure what to make of it tbh. It bothers me a bit but then again...who knows? He's been playing better of the late.

Grabovski on being split up from Kulemin: 'If that's better for team I like that ... of course I miss him, but that's good for team'

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
Michael Traikos ‏@Michael_Traikos
Carlyle on Grabovski not being one of the 10 players used in the shootout: "He was next, but we didn't get a next."

although probably true, that such a cop-out answer.... its easy to say OH he was next...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has there been any mention of a JVR injury? He hasn't looked the same the last few games.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Has there been any mention of a JVR injury? He hasn't looked the same the last few games.

He's been very quiet which is what the flyer fans have warned us in the past about. He's still doing well by putting his body in front of the goalie but yea...it's sort of sad to see. Only one who's on his game in the first line is kessel really.

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
He also based it on career numbers it seems grabo is 3/12

i was going to compile i list of the shooters with their actual shootout stats but i cant seem to find them anywhere

Kadri
Bozak
Lupul
Kessel
Frattin
JVR
************** <--- minimum point i would put grabo in..
Franson
MacArthus
Phaneuf
Kulemin

Darylman

Aug 1, 2009
Kulemin is fairly effective in the shootout, even though he only has one move. Phaneuf tried the same move, actually.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
i was going to compile i list of the shooters with their actual shootout stats but i cant seem to find them anywhere

Kadri
Bozak
Lupul
Kessel
Frattin
JVR
************** <--- minimum point i would put grabo in..
Franson
MacArthus
Phaneuf
Kulemin

I'm on my phone so I hope this link isn't messed up but check it out:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/shootoutstat...ort=goals&viewName=shootoutSkaterCareerTotals

Navigate over to active skaters - career if it didn't work right.

Asif16*

Wednesday???? U ****in kidding me. Cmon. From saturday to wednesday?? Thats way to long. Wasnt this supposed to be a compressed schedule?? lol. Ah well. Guess im going clubbing tonight and tommrow night.

Oh yeah, Go leafs! We bout end our losing streak baby. Alright im out. Peace out

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Kulemin is fairly effective in the shootout, even though he only has one move. Phaneuf tried the same move, actually.

i give phanuef credit for going in with lots of speed..unless you are gifted like datsyuk most of the players fail because they go in too slow...i wonder if theres some stat showing goal percentage on breakaways in a game vs shootouts..i bet the in game percentage is much higher ..only example i can think of is evander kane scoring in game on reimer, kessel scoring in game on pavlack..while both failing on shootouts..

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
He's been very quiet which is what the flyer fans have warned us in the past about. He's still doing well by putting his body in front of the goalie but yea...it's sort of sad to see. Only one who's on his game in the first line is kessel really.
He's going to get hammered if no one else is exerting pressure. Phaneuf can attack, but his partner needs to step it up and make a strong first pass. Bozak really needs to start exerting pressure and shoot the puck.

JVR isn't that strong to go solo.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Definitely need him doing more out there. The LW on that first line is critical. The other team isn't going to take Bozak as a serious threat and if JVR isn't making himself a threat out there it just lets the other team completely focus down on Kessel. And when that happens all you can hope is him getting one rare chance and burying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad