Pre-Game Talk: GM#30|Bolts @ ACC|20/3/13|7PM|Time to break this losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Poor Grabo more and more looks like Jason Blake 2.0. A lot of buzzing and nothing to show for... :shakehead

I wonder if managment will think about buying him out after the seaon is over. I don't think there is any interest in him around league and at the moment he is not worth $5.5mil.

I wonder if Colorado would would go for Stastny (and his $6.6mil) for Grabo (absorbed some salary by leafs) + pick/prospect.

Maybe Grabo needs a change of scenary...

Nashville?

They have Shea Weber locked for over a 100M and no offensive help at all.

They can get rid of Kostitsyn and his ~2.5M salary...and get Grabovski for something like Watson...

Grabo is good defensively, not lazy, and he'll be their 2nd best forward behind Colin Wilson.

JSBach

May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I remain optimistic, and though that optimism doesn't really have its roots in reason (knowing this team's recent history), I can't see them letting this season slip away. They should rather die of cardiac arrest from overexertion than suffer the embarrassment of another failed season.

I predict a regulation win against TB.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
Nashville?

They have Shea Weber locked for over a 100M and no offensive help at all.

They can get rid of Kostitsyn and his ~2.5M salary...and get Grabovski for something like Watson...

Grabo is good defensively, not lazy, and he'll be their 2nd best forward behind Colin Wilson.

Sounds good to me :nod: ... not sure if Preds would do it though.

With Getzlaf off the table and rather poor center selection in the upcoming UFA pool. I would revisit Stastny trade again. He should be an upgrade over Bozak to give us legit 1st line center. Kadri makes a perfect 2C, and Bozak could finish the year as 3C.

TML g u n n e R s*

kulie to the 4th line, orr with grabo and mac.... :facepalm:

i really dont understand what randy does sometimes

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If the Leafs can't beat Tampa, this isn't a playoff team

I fully expect the Leafs to come out flat and for Tampa to play way over their friggin heads just because they're playing the Leafs.

This has loss written all over it.

Come on Leafs, prove me WRONG, please!

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I like Kulemin on the 4th line, I think it's genius. It's where he always should've been. Why? Because the 4th line should be our shutdown line. Komarov - McClement - Kulemin is a dirty shutdown line and lets Grabovski go back to being his offensive self.

My issue with the change is Orr moving to the 3rd line.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
stamkos maybe good but we still got phaneuf to shut him down. Their defense also isn't good so kesel and crew should take advantage of that.

Phaneuf couldn't shut down a kindergarten kid taking a nap at the moment!

If he could, we wouldn't have lost 5 games in a row FFS!

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
I like Kulemin on the 4th line, I think it's genius. It's where he always should've been. Why? Because the 4th line should be our shutdown line. Komarov - McClement - Kulemin is a dirty shutdown line and lets Grabovski go back to being his offensive self.

My issue with the change is Orr moving to the 3rd line.

I'm not big Orr fan, but I have to admit he gives 150% every shift this year... Maybe this is the final wake up call for Grabo???

Another positive is he is not messing with top 2 lines (just yet). :sarcasm:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Could it be viewed as Grabovski demoted and this is the new checking line?

Komarov - McClement - Kulemin

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Phaneuf couldn't shut down a kindergarten kid taking a nap at the moment!

If he could, we wouldn't have lost 5 games in a row FFS!
Oh yea because that's what a team does you know? Put the entire blame on the captain, not as a collective group. I'm sure Crosby, Chara and Brown themselves got the teams the cup alone.

Hey remember when stamkos got 60 goals last year? When everyone said that he'd get the hat-trick at the acc in his hometown and phaneuf wouldn't shut up him? Yea I remember him being shut down. Oh hey remember when Malkin was tearing it up? He also got shut down.

It's not great to view things by a tunnel vision and definitely not how a hockey team runs.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
matt iaboni ‏@mattiaboni
Grabo on living up to his contract: "No problem. My wife spends all the money... Sorry wife" #TMLtalk #Leafs

LMFAO

Terry Koshan ‏@koshtorontosun
Carlyle: "The fire that Grabo has inside of him is burning him up when he is not playing to the level he is capable of playing." #Leafs

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Leafs' Carlyle says recent line changes all about finding a group that can provide 'sound checking for stretches in a game'

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts
Randy Carlyle said not to read much into line shuffles for #Leafs today. He also said he hates change and only does it when things go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad