GDT: GM#29 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild@7:00

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What a 3rd period turnaround. Absolutely nothing going for us in the first 2 periods and then the first line carries us to victory. Have a feeling Gaborik will move back to Kopi's line for a while.
I think you can pretty much guarantee Gaborik moves up. Al's great, but has been struggling with the wear and tear of a pro season, and he's not putting puck in the net.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Loved Gabbys 400th goal, didn't like the dick move after it went getting knocked to the ice by Stewart I think.
1YdiduFR.jpg

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Still chuckling over Brown's celebration off of the Kopitar and Gaborik 2 on 1 goal. This team is having a lot of fun again and it is good to see.
i didn't even see that til i watched the highlight video, that's hilarious

can you imagine doing that in front of darryl sutter?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
So, who gets the milestone puck? “We talked about it,” Gaborik said, laughing. “Kopi said to keep it and Johnny came in and said it’s going to stay with the organization.” Stevens: “I told them I’d take it.”
— Jon Rosen (@lakingsinsider) December 6, 2017
i'd seriously cut that bitch in half and i think it would mean more than any other pucks because of the story to go with it

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We'd been pretty hard on Stevens' roster decisions during the losing streak, so I figured he should get some props for an adjustment here tonight, per Rosen:

"On moving Gaborik onto Kopitar’s line midway through the game:
I thought Gabby was skating and he had some good jump, and we’ve done that before. Alex has kind of been a good fit on the line, but they’re playing against some big, heavy guys there, and they weren’t really generating a lot of offense, so we’ve made that switch before. We put Tanner up there. We thought Gabby was going good, and they’ve obviously had good success before, so we put Gabby up there, we moved Juice – Adrian – back in with Ty and Tanner, and we thought we’d have good speed with Lewie and Alex playing with Shoresy. That was the thinking on the switch, and we got good jump out of all those lines with the change, so it was productive for us."

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
6 game winning streak, glad they came back and won, cuz when I came out to my car after the game someone had taken a hammer or bat to my car windows.
Would have sucked coming out to that after a loss. I mean you can replace the windows, but you cannot get back points from losses :)

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
6 game winning streak, glad they came back and won, cuz when I came out to my car after the game someone had taken a hammer or bat to my car windows.
Would have sucked coming out to that after a loss. I mean you can replace the windows, but you cannot get back points from losses :)

Damn dude, that sucks. Were you at the game? If so, where were you parked?

Reactions: KingTrouty

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Damn dude, that sucks. Were you at the game? If so, where were you parked?
yes, I parked on the street near Pico and Flower, have done it many times, and it is pretty well lit, they hit like 5 or 6 cars, nothing stolen, just probably some drunken vandalism.
Nobody hurt, windows can be replaced.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
yes, I parked on the street near Pico and Flower, have done it many times, and it is pretty well lit, they hit like 5 or 6 cars, nothing stolen, just probably some drunken vandalism.
Nobody hurt, windows can be replaced.

Glad to hear nobody was hurt, just sucks to hear that happen to someone. It's happened to me as well, though the dickhead who did it stole my glasses.
I just buy parking passes on StubHub now, they're reasonably priced compared to what the face value is for those lots.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Crazy what can happen when 3 of your top 4 cap hits at forward all produce.

14-15, 230GP, 54G, 138pts, .600
15-16, 217GP, 48G, 124pts, .571
16-17, 212GP, 36G, 109pts, .514
17-18, 65GP, 30G, 64pts, .985

Small sample size, and right now Kopitar is on pace to completely shatter his career best in goals, points, and sh%, so it'll probably slow down a little bit, but if Kopitar, Brown, and Gaborik can score, it changes the equation for the team.

Part of the reason they got Gaborik to begin with was that Brown stopped scoring. Part of the reason they got Lucic was because Brown kept not scoring, then Gaborik got hurt. Then last year Kopitar and Gaborik were dealing with injuries, and Brown still really couldn't score.

If Gaborik gets put back with those two for a while, I really hope Kopitar keeps shooting in spite of the move.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
Kopi 5th in scoring and 5th in Goals. Also 2nd in TOI just over 22 mins a game for forwards. There’s not many forwards that bring what he does every night. Happy he’s bounced back big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad