Confirmed with Link: Gleason to Leafs -> Liles + Robertson to Canes.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Worth every penny of that contract imo. I was happy to see the trade and still am. This guy knows what it takes to compete and come playoff time is exactly what this team needs more of.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I think I'm developing a man crush here :blush:

One can only hope, some of his manliness is infectious on this roster.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Gleason has been a rock for this unsteady D. Seems to be more confident and less mistakes. It looks a lot simpler.

I also like the Ranger/Gardiner pairing. Ranger is a much better defensively than Franson

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
After watching the game last night Gleason is definitely worth what we gave up for him. He is a beast. Another dman like him and we are set. Nonis go pluck someone.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Leafs are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games with Timmy on board.

What's not to like about that as Gleason has been a beast defensively and really helped stabilize the defense?.

When all the dust settles this might the trade Nonis gets credit for the most that changed the Leafs destiny and saved the season as Leafs were sinking away and falling out of the playoffs before Gleason arrived.
..Yeah.. Way to be melodramatic but that was never happening :help:

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
He's a beast. Simple.

Worth every penny of that contract imo. I was happy to see the trade and still am. This guy knows what it takes to compete and come playoff time is exactly what this team needs more of.

its actually shocking how much better our entire defense is with him there. its equally amazing that nonis was able to convert a marlies defenseman to gleason. i know he was stagnating in carolina but still....sometimes a gm needs to be opportunistic. good on nonis for getting us a new toy.

gleason is what komisarek was suppose to be

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
its actually shocking how much better our entire defense is with him there. its equally amazing that nonis was able to convert a marlies defenseman to gleason. i know he was stagnating in carolina but still....sometimes a gm needs to be opportunistic. good on nonis for getting us a new toy.

The bonus is that a least Gleason can handle fighting guys like Lucic etc. :handclap:

Komisarek wasn't able to fight his way out of a wet paper bag at times. :p:

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
His foot speed is much better than Komisarek, Schenn and these stay at home defenders. Doing a fantastic job on the 2nd pairing freeing up Phaneuf to more offensive role.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Let's at least be realistic and realize that Liles is and was much better than an AHL defenseman. If not for an artificial constraint put in place for one year, he would never play a single game in the AHL.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Let's at least be realistic and realize that Liles is and was much better than an AHL defenseman. If not for an artificial constraint put in place for one year, he would never play a single game in the AHL.

Not sure how you can say that.

They are managing to make TG fit under the cap and his hit is higher.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Things change (roster) on a day to day basis, as do needs.

Oh I just kinda feel JML was in the AHL because of need/fit with MR making it.

So in essence, someone who was playing AHL for us and then to be able to convert that into TG.

Looks like a great move so far.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
45749706.jpg

Jay99999*

Gleason plays like a beast. Becoming one of my fav leafs. Now we just need 1 or 2 more just like him.

Phaneuf-Gleason

Reilly-Gleason

Gardiner-Gleason

Gleason.

Done

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
People chuckled when Randy and Dave described him as having puck moving abilities but surprisingly hes shown that ability a bit. Once or twice a game he leads the rush out of the zone, and indeed right into the opponents zone.

Something Fraser or Ranger NEVER did. Something Schenn rarely did. Gleason is essentially what we'd hope Schenn might be.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
People chuckled when Randy and Dave described him as having puck moving abilities but surprisingly hes shown that ability a bit. Once or twice a game he leads the rush out of the zone, and indeed right into the opponents zone.

Something Fraser or Ranger NEVER did. Something Schenn rarely did. Gleason is essentially what we'd hope Schenn might be.

He used to be A LOT better at it. He's suffered recently because of multiple injuries, particularly concussions.

What I'm really hoping for is that his body recuperates in the off-season and he comes back next season as good as he was 2 years ago. That's when we'll have won the trade.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Gleason plays like a beast. Becoming one of my fav leafs. Now we just need 1 or 2 more just like him.

Phaneuf-Gleason

Reilly-Gleason

Gardiner-Gleason

Gleason.

Done

That bottom line gleason could hopefully be macwilliams, loved his play in pre season.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
He used to be A LOT better at it. He's suffered recently because of multiple injuries, particularly concussions.

What I'm really hoping for is that his body recuperates in the off-season and he comes back next season as good as he was 2 years ago. That's when we'll have won the trade.

Its a win-win already and it was from the moment he took the ice for us and Liles took it for the Canes.

Two guys who were press box bound with their teams that are now integral parts of the new teams roster.

4m playing >>>>>>>>>>>> 3.875m in the AHL/press box

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad