Confirmed with Link: Gleason to Leafs -> Liles + Robertson to Canes.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Rielly and Gleason may be our new #2 Defensive pairing. #Like it

Gardiner and Franson as our #3 unit, coincidentally the same unit that was on the ice for the season ending OT goal last year. # Worried about this

Yet the same unit that was on for 2 goals for (well, 1 goal for since goal 1 happened on a PP).

I agree with those pairings though.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Unless your a member of the Liles family, there shouldn't be a Leaf fan on the planet that doesn't like this trade from a Leaf perspective.

The results speak for themselves. Leafs have improved significantly since it occurred.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yet the same unit that was on for 2 goals for (well, 1 goal for since goal 1 happened on a PP).

I agree with those pairings though.

Got to get Franson off the 2nd pairing, it's more addition by subtraction.

Right now I trust Rielly more than Gardiner, Rielly will benefit from a steady partner. Think he will be up to it.

The Franson - Gardiner duo do worry me, but atleast they will face lesser competition so perhaps they can handle it.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Rielly and Gleason may be our new #2 Defensive pairing. #Like it

Gardiner and Franson as our #3 unit, coincidentally the same unit that was on the ice for the season ending OT goal last year. # Worried about this

Can't pair those two together. Far too many giveaways.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I'd love to have gleason paired with Gardiner as the 2nd pairing but that would mean franson-rielly together, and boy they were brutal when they played together.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'd love to have gleason paired with Gardiner as the 2nd pairing but that would mean franson-rielly together, and boy they were brutal when they played together.

Gleason goes from Franson to Gardiner, the 2 biggest turnover D men on our D.

Why not give him a partner that does not give the puck away and then we might see him do even better.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games with Timmy on board.

What's not to like about that as Gleason has been a beast defensively and really helped stabilize the defense?.

When all the dust settles this might the trade Nonis gets credit for the most that changed the Leafs destiny and saved the season as Leafs were sinking away and falling out of the playoffs before Gleason arrived.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

What's not to like about that as Gleason has been a beast defensively and really helped stabilize the defense?.

When all the dust settles this might the trade Nonis gets credit for the most that changed the Leafs destiny and saved the season as Leafs were sinking away and falling out of the playoffs before Gleason arrived.

Seriously pssd that he is not a RHS.:sarcasm:

I think we desperately need someone that can play effective 5/5 ,2nd unit ,right D.

I not sure we have a LHS that can pull it off.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

Sounds like the trade helped both teams. Glad to hear Timmy is doing well for you.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
The way Hurricanes talk about Gleason, you'd think we got a different player. This guy is awesome. Rielly is taking big strides playing with Tim.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Gleason is just a damn good defence man.

Just great, non flashy plays all game. And fills in guys when you run their goalie.

Should have been the other guy Brown, but his teammate definitely owes him a dinner there.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Love 'em

He's absolute miserable ******* to play against, But he skate and make a pass. We haven't had defenseman like him since Yushkevich.

thunderhawk905*

I completely forgot it was Gleason who engaged Kulemin a couple years ago and broke his nose.

What a guy.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I completely forgot it was Gleason who engaged Kulemin a couple years ago and broke his nose.

What a guy.

He even gave Milan Lucic a decent run when they dropped the gloves. And our D was pretty bad without him, he makes it atleast marginally better.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Gleason is just a damn good defence man.

Just great, non flashy plays all game. And fills in guys when you run their goalie.

Should have been the other guy Brown, but his teammate definitely owes him a dinner there.

Gudas had it coming from hurting bozak last year lol i like his play though. definitely what we needed

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
He's exactly what we needed. Exactly what Fraser brought last season, plus he's got some veteran leadership along with him. He's great.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He has been playing unreal since he has gotten here. Couldn't ask for a single thing more out of him. (Other than making him switch handedness of course :laugh: )

Can't remember the last strictly defensive Dman we had who was this good. Solid defensively, very physical, stands up for teammates, etc.

He's been a gift to watch, and has made anyone paired with him play better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad