Giroux Interference on Letang

Status
Not open for further replies.

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
During the game, it just seemed like Letang ran into him, but at that angle, it's clear that Giroux saw him and pounced. Sneaky.

Reactions: egelband

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
To continue the parallels with 2012, it actually reminds me quite a bit of James Neal "jumping out of the way" with an elbow to Couturier's face in Game 3. As far as I remember Penguin fans were sure it wasn't suspension worthy, so I am sure we can forgive Giroux tonight.

Reactions: Buckets and Gloves

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Watch the replay. He sees Letang coming, and leaps into him. I doubt he's going to be suspended, but the folks claiming that he didn't see him or attempted to make the hit aren't seeing the same replay as me.

This is correct. And i like Giroux/hate the Penguins.

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
To continue the parallels with 2012, it actually reminds me quite a bit of James Neal "jumping out of the way" with an elbow to Couturier's face in Game 3. As far as I remember Penguin fans were sure it wasn't suspension worthy, so I am sure we can forgive Giroux tonight.

Yeah. I remember it quite well.
Just like when Giroux ;) pushed Neal jumping-elbowfirst-blindside into Couturier. Poor guy Neal just tried to avoid that hit back then.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Giroux clearly sees Letang.....
Accidentally on purpose.....
Sneaky but dirty.....

It wasn't a "head hunting" hit but Giroux knew what he was doing. Hell, James Neal is a pro at those reverse hits.

There's nothing here for the NHL to look at......

Could've been handled on the ice by the Pens..... you know, like Ryan Reaves...... oh wait..... He's in Vegas

Reactions: Treent1

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
was the accidentally on purpose play just like Niskanen cross checking Crosby in the head last year and the Steckel hit on Crosby years ago

bush league play and the coward was laughing about it right afterwards

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Giroux clearly sees Letang.....
Accidentally on purpose.....
Sneaky but dirty.....

It wasn't a "head hunting" hit but Giroux knew what he was doing. Hell, James Neal is a pro at those reverse hits.

There's nothing here for the NHL to look at......

Could've been handled on the ice by the Pens..... you know, like Ryan Reaves...... oh wait..... He's in Vegas
What? Make up your mind. You say dirty but nothing for the NHL to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad