Giroux Interference on Letang

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Theres no way that was intentional. He saw letang coming and braced, but he didnt mean to f***ing kill Letang. He was pushed into Letangs path and Letang didnt see him.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Definitely a tinge of accidentally on purpose to it, but really nothing the NHL will look at.
Whole lot of accidentally on purpose in the collision itself. Giroux made it count. Imho the NHL will look at it, but I there is enough variables to let it slide.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Crosby bumped him. He was falling backwards. He saw Letang and braced for impact, but there was nothing he could do to avoid it.

Reactions: bert2z and slebbeog

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Stop with the Giroux didn't know/was just holding his ground. He knew exactly what he was doing and initiated contact. Easily an interference penalty.

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
This reminds me so much of the hit Subban had on Marchand years ago where he just stood in place and allow Marchand, skating with his head down, to skate right into him. No issue here.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
You can see him looking back and dig his heels in when he saw contact was coming. Poor Letang never saw it coming. Hard to tell what the intent was though.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
Accidental. Looks like Giroux saw him at the last second and braced for contact, but thats natural. Letang needs to be more aware there.

CrashBartley

Nov 19, 2014
Stop with the Giroux didn't know/was just holding his ground. He knew exactly what he was doing and initiated contact. Easily an interference penalty.
If Giroux knew what was happening, then Letang should also have known. After all, he was skating forward and could see. So really should be interference on Letang, if anything.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
Watch the replay. He sees Letang coming, and leaps into him. I doubt he's going to be suspended, but the folks claiming that he didn't see him or attempted to make the hit aren't seeing the same replay as me.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Ah the salt is great! Pens fans freak out when they get just a slight fraction of what they dish out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad