Ghosts of Hurricanes Past

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
93, could of been closer to 100 if I could figure out the spelling of a few like freaking Mike Zigomanis.

I was getting annoyed when I tried like Frank Kaberle like 20 times, but the real answer was Frantisek :laugh:

What also drove me crazy was I couldn't figure out who played from 2006-2015 and was 5th on the list, and then when the game ended I was like oh my gawd Tim Freakin Gleason.... I was so mad I didn't get him haha.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I got 111.

Remebered Anson Carter, but not any of the Sutters. Got Brett Carson but not the Secret Weapon. And I did get Josef Melichar, but neither David Tanabe or Jay Harrison.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I got 111.

Remebered Anson Carter, but not any of the Sutters. Got Brett Carson but not the Secret Weapon. And I did get Josef Melichar, but neither David Tanabe or Jay Harrison.

Where is Brett Carson? I had a lot of hope for him for some reason haha.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I improved slightly this time. 101. Spelling still gets in the way though.

However, I totally forgot Ron Francis (because we all forget our current GM and the first guy in franchise history to have his number retired right?). If that wasn't bad enough, I also forgot the guy in my avatar.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
You don't have to worry about the first name when spelling, it accepts last names only FYI.

So "Staal" gives you Eric, Jordan, and Jared. Typing to Samsonov gives you Samson along the way.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
IIRC we lost him on waivers to Calgary. He was actually pretty good w/ the Checkers. What he is doing now I don't know but I guess DaveG does.
He's playing in Austria.

Remember when HF (myself included) freaked out when he wasn't given a qualifying offer and then freaked out again when he was claimed off waivers? He played 18 NHL games after that...

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
120, pretty much exactly where I was last time. Consistency is important. As is consistently forgetting Matt Cullen existed somehow.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
123/219

I forgot such a players as Jeff Daniels, Kent Manderville, Steve Halko, Jesse Boulerice, Nolan Pratt, Steven Rice, Jerome Samson, Mark Fitzpatrick , Mike Zigomanis, Andreas Nodl, Derek Joslin, Kevin Haller, Tim Wallace and etc...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Wow, this was humbling. I got 132/246. I should've gotten Ray Sheppard but I put his name in 3-4 different times and it wouldn't accept.

Dumbest misses: Justin Williams (doh), Jay Harrision, Riley Nash, Keith Primeau, Kevin Dineen, Lee Stempniak

Best of the deep cut hits: Mike Zigomanis, Mike Watt, Mike Murphy, Rob DiMaio, Harold Druken, Byron Ritchie

I sat around for several minutes trying to think of guys but not coming up with their names. Kent Manderville and Bruno St. Jacques were two of those. I couldn't remember Sandy McCarthy because I was putting in Darren McCarty. I was on the right track though.

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
93, could of been closer to 100 if I could figure out the spelling of a few like freaking Mike Zigomanis.

I was getting annoyed when I tried like Frank Kaberle like 20 times, but the real answer was Frantisek :laugh:

What also drove me crazy was I couldn't figure out who played from 2006-2015 and was 5th on the list, and then when the game ended I was like oh my gawd Tim Freakin Gleason.... I was so mad I didn't get him haha.

Wow this was funny to read after I just took the test again. I once again couldn't figure our Zigomanis's name... This time I did remember Tim Gleason! But forgot the Kaberele's.... I improved to 107 this year though!!

My worst omission this time around was The Secret Weapon, Niclas Wallin
My surprise remembrance was Josef Melichar & Danny Richmond

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
134. A couple of misses were because I got frustrated trying to spell PDG and TT. Worst miss was Jussi and Pitkanen. Just inexcusable. I also swore I put a couple of names in there that showed up as unanswered so I probably spelled those wrong too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad