Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Its going to have a second province in addition to the province from the closed beta. The new province is going to be a 4 skull area as opposed to the first area which was 1 skull. Will be interesting as there were some complaints that the closed beta was too easy.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Im gonna give it a try, bit Ubi really needs to slow dowm with the games.

Put out fewer games but higher quality. Look at what siege did once they put some time in it.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Im gonna give it a try, bit Ubi really needs to slow dowm with the games.

Put out fewer games but higher quality. Look at what siege did once they put some time in it.

Totally agree. It's money 1st, quality 2nd for ubi.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Hmm I can't seem to find the PS4 version

I found it by doing a search for Wildlands. It gives you a few options but I believe mine was the very first selection.

Just finished downloading a few minutes ago.

Will probably download it for the PC as well, just to see how it feels.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I found it by doing a search for Wildlands. It gives you a few options but I believe mine was the very first selection.

Just finished downloading a few minutes ago.

Will probably download it for the PC as well, just to see how it feels.

Thanks! I for some reason could not find it in my store at all. I had to look in comments on a random online article where other people were having problems and they gave a direct link.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
No problem :)
Going to install the game on my PC starting now, and hopefully I'll be good to go once I'm done with classes for the day.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
dull and clunky. its a no-go for me. unless one weekend im REALLY bored and its on sale for like 5 bucks in a couple years

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I completed the first mission, not exactly a fan of the level up system.
I'll have to play more to get a full opinion, but so far I'm pretty meh about it.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I'm playing solo and really enjoying it.

I'm not a big FPS guy, so maybe my expectations are lower. I'm playing on the 2nd difficulty level and I've been killed plenty of times (but that might be because I'm not a teenager with hundreds of hours of online shooters)

Server has dropped in and out all day, but that hasn't mattered to me.

The world is stunning, the dynamic weather and day/night cycle are very atmospheric.

The vehicles are a mixed bag. Cars are fine as long as you don't drive flat out - accelerate and coast is the key. Helicopters are very tricky to control.

Biggest issue is the game has crashed 3 times today.

Hopefully Ubisoft will add the things people are asking for - better vehicle controls, first person option, ability to wait for dark, ability to customize appearance and loadout of your team, more options to customise the HUD.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I honestly don't know yet. I have played a couple of missions so far.

It is interesting, but i believe it will get repetitive after awhile.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I'm playing solo and really enjoying it.

My buddies like to employ the 'balls deep' strategy for this game and as a result, they spend quite alot of time on their backs. I am fairly certain that I will be playing this solo as well.:nod:

Anyways, does wearing a ghillie suit make it harder to be spotted?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm enjoying it so far.

My main gripe is the driving though. I think I would honestly rather run 3KM than try to deal with the horrendous physics. Ubisoft really needs to scrap their driving engine. I had the same problem with Watch Dogs. Fun game, but the vehicles felt like a chore to use.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
My buddies like to employ the 'balls deep' strategy for this game and as a result, they spend quite alot of time on their backs. I am fairly certain that I will be playing this solo as well.:nod:

Anyways, does wearing a ghillie suit make it harder to be spotted?

I don't believe so.

BTW the second area is much tougher than the first. All the bases and towns are heavily guarded, patrols everywhere, even out of towns your not safe as UNIDAD patrol cars will take you out if they spot you. Even got fired at by a SAM when my chopper got too close to a base.

Makes it all the more satisfying when you sneak in and out undetected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad