Ghost Recon: Wildlands

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The 'judge, jury, executioner for MURICA' trope is kinda getting old. Maybe they'll figure out a way to make a nuanced game someday.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I wont judge it until I play it. threw it on the pre-order sheet..... as at 50$ pre order I can always resell it if I don't like it after a few days of release.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Ill probably get it, ill probably be disappointed, ill probably finish it anyway, ill probably forget about it a week later

basically standard Ubisoft

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
after watching a lot of videos on this game, I think I may take the plunge and try it when it releases, or when it comes on sale ha.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
after watching a lot of videos on this game, I think I may take the plunge and try it when it releases, or when it comes on sale ha.

the beta gameplay has convinced me to wait till its 10 bucks on sale. looks like standard Ubisoft open world stuff which has gotten stale imo

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Enjoyable at first, but get's repetitive. Need to see if there's more variety in the final game & lack of PvP at launch will hurt. Vehicle controls are terrible on the PC. Not to mention that you can pretty much drive up incredibly steep inclines , and then drive back down with little damage. Who needs roads when you can just drive off of a cliff? :laugh:

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Why would anybody buy it if it doesn't look good? Ubisoft is going to continue producing mediocre titles if people keep paying $60 for them. There's so many great games that have come out over the past few years that I bet many people haven't played. Save yourself some money, play some games that are older and don't encourage mediocrity.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
It looks amazing though. Because of the glitch with the Beta, it was possible for people to explore the entire map. I was watching a video some French dudes put up from the high mountains of the southwest, and it was jaw droppingly beautiful. I thought Skyrim SE with mods was the most scenic thing I've ever seen, and this made it look like garbage.

As for the game, it looks like a ton of fun in co-op, all the videos I've watched of co-op, the people are having an absolute blast. Whether its in it's more arcadey default, or more realistic no HUD Ghost mode.

Looking forward to trying the open beta.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Looks like a division reskin with some watchdog perks

I'm not too hyped. Also this one apparently had a huge graphical downgrade even for a ubisoft game

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It's funny, I made this thread, forgot I made it, now probably will not buy it. Not that I don't think it looks good, I just don't really buy games that aren't strategy/Mass Effect anymore lol.

I've seen it. It looks good, but the original trailer looked like uncharted, now it looks closer to mgs5

Am I missing the big difference here lol? Besides, Uncharted is a linear action-adventure. MGSV (and Wildlands) are open-world games. It's far harder to maximize graphical output in the latter.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Am I missing the big difference here lol? Besides, Uncharted is a linear action-adventure. MGSV (and Wildlands) are open-world games. It's far harder to maximize graphical output in the latter.
Yep.. I have zero interest in games like this that aren't open world. This on the other hand I'll probably be buying at launch.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's funny, I made this thread, forgot I made it, now probably will not buy it. Not that I don't think it looks good, I just don't really buy games that aren't strategy/Mass Effect anymore lol.

I don't see what that has to do with the matter of a graphical downgrade from the original trailer.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I don't see what that has to do with the matter of a graphical downgrade from the original trailer.

That goes without saying lol; how many "original trailers" are perfectly accurately representations of the actual game? I can't think of any. I'm still not really sure what you're complaining about. As far as open world games, MGSV was one of the prettiest (though it sadly had one of the emptiest open worlds), and this is shaping up to be up there. If you expected it to look like whatever you think Uncharted looks like, that is a matter of naïve expectations. Wildlands looks gorgeous, I very much doubt the graphics is going to be the problem with it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Actually there's a decent amount of non ubisoft games that are not significant graphical downgrades. In fact outside of Witcher 3 maybe they usually do look close.

I was not pushing the point just to be clear. Just mentioning the game looks very different from the original trailer.

Never said Mgs5 looked bad. It looked pretty good (not great) for a 2015 title. Just using it to compare where it was and where it is now.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
If they made the multiplayer 32 person open world it could be a super casual ARMA...might actually be a niche in the market for it

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
The ghost mode certainly has the old Delta Force aesthetic to it. Which is awesome for anyone who liked the original Delta Force 1-3 and disliked Delta Force BHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->