Ghost Recon: Wildlands

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I just played this for about 20 mins. I like the shootiny mechanics and the gun controls were decent so i think i will buy this when it drops in price. I liked the division but its repetitive as **** and i domt want to spend 60 on another game that will be the same. I really wish there was a cover system in this game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just played this for about 20 mins. I like the shootiny mechanics and the gun controls were decent so i think i will buy this when it drops in price. I liked the division but its repetitive as **** and i domt want to spend 60 on another game that will be the same. I really wish there was a cover system in this game.

When crouched, just walk up to a wall or something and your guy automatically takes cover.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm kind of shocked by how stiff the controls and animations are in his game. Have not played a ghost recon game in a long time but I didn't expect this. It's definitely playable but still below average.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
This game (most games in fact) try way too hard to be like gta with the humor on the radio. Most of it is not funny and a lot of it is stupid Internet humor.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
there is fast travel.

There's 1 fast travel in the beta in middle of the map. You still need to drive everywhere.

Speaking of which, fast travel is also outdated and unimmersive, someone needs to innovate so we can get rid of fast travel. Gta had a cab ride that you could fast forward, that's what these games need. (No, not exactly that, just the concept)

Edit:
I can see some of the potential in this game playing online coop but holy cow the spawning points when you drop in is ridiculous.

It spawns you across the map from the squad, and when you die and respawn it spawns you right in the middle of the enemies when it literally tells you it's going to spawn you by your allies

Last edited:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
There's 1 fast travel in the beta in middle of the map. You still need to drive everywhere.

No, there are multiple fast travel points in each province, as you explore the map you find them. And you don't have to drive everywhere - you can walk...you can fly.....and you can fast travel. The world is beautiful, and it doesn't take that long to go on foot to the next nearest mission.

Speaking of which, fast travel is also outdated and unimmersive, someone needs to innovate so we can get rid of fast travel. Gta had a cab ride that you could fast forward, that's what these games need.

Complains about immersion. Wants the ability to speed up time.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
No, there are multiple fast travel points in each province, as you explore the map you find them. And you don't have to drive everywhere - you can walk...you can fly.....and you can fast travel. The world is beautiful, and it doesn't take that long to go on foot to the next nearest mission.
Yes I played a bit more and got that. Its definitely a good looking game but I don't want to spend 10 minutes getting to every single location. Also, automatic death if you step out of bounds. worst kind of invisible wall. Not sure if thats a beta thing or what.

Complains about immersion. Wants the ability to speed up time.
Context matters.

Opening up your menu every 5 seconds to fast travel=lack of immersion.

Getting into a vehicle and conveniently skipping to the mission area automatically=immersion.

Edit:

Also I cannot stress how bad dropping into online co-op is. One time it spawned me 8 km away from the squad. And when I died and respawned one time it spawned me right in the middle of a group of enemies 300 m from the squad. This is incredibly unpolished for something 2 weeks from release.

Okay you can fast travel to your squad, ignore all of that

Last edited:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
OK, I'm playing solo, so I'm not having those issues, but I constantly get messages that I am connected/disconnected to the Ubisoft server and I can imagine that would be infuriating. But isn't that the point of an open beta, to find these problems and solve them before release?

I know its only a couple of weeks from release, but you can clearly see there is a bunch of content missing from the beta. If you go to a province border, high up, on your map you can see a city marked out, in game it is completely bare apart from the roads being marked out - not every city, but some.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I played for about 45 minutes and deleted promptly after getting fed up with the clunky controls and boring gameplay. For instance, I was downed on a raid, my computer squad mates killed the baddies, and then revived me. I didn't kill a single enemy and then was magically victorious and the mission was over. I spent more time ****ing traveling to the encounter than in combat

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Played for about an hour last night with friends. That was after we spent probably 15 minutes trying to all join the same squad. One player and I weren't able to join each other until everybody went back to the menu and tried again there.

Absolutely would not spend money on it. It's like the division but lacking any kind of polish whatsoever. We failed the mission where you rescue the one rebel guy because he got stuck on a box trying to jump over it. Then we failed because three of us got into the helicopter that's there, one didn't, and when I flew the chopper away the guy got too far away from a player for the games liking and we got reset because 'the target escaped'.

I did have fun with it, to be fair, but the fun was all screwing around not actually doing missions. When I have more fun pushing my friend off the road and then falling off a mountain accidentally than playing the game itself, that's a problem.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I played for about 45 minutes and deleted promptly after getting fed up with the clunky controls and boring gameplay. For instance, I was downed on a raid, my computer squad mates killed the baddies, and then revived me. I didn't kill a single enemy and then was magically victorious and the mission was over. I spent more time ****ing traveling to the encounter than in combat

It's funny how strong your AI squad mates are.

You can hover in a helicopter over a town, tell your team to assault, put the controller down and the town will be clear in about 10 seconds haha.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
I played the first mission and deleted it as well. Could already tell it went the way of the most recent Far Crys. Do the same thing over and over and over again. Fun for the first hour.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think developers should start moving away from these open world games and go back to more linear games.

Most of them just lead to repetitive gameplay that gets boring after awhile.

Only a few games should be open world games.

The story so far for this game is not even interesting.

My favorite ghost recon games are the advanced warfighter games. They sadly have gotten away from doing games like that.

Last edited:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I think I would have been excited for this and willing to give it a try, but The Division was likely my last ever full-price Ubisoft purchase.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I didn't get too deep into the beta, but one thing I found super promising is there's no bullet sponges.

I liked Destiny and The Division, but I found shooting at the same target for 10 minutes just stupidly dull.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Surprised this is getting decent reviews. I thought this was horrible.

Metacritic score has been dropping. It's not good. Not completely awful either. Just another paint-by-numbers open world game from Ubisoft. Beta wasn't very fun. Seems completely skippable unless you have 3 other people you can play with regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->