Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
The defend the radio side mission are complete and utter garbage. Especially when you playing by yourself.

They are annoying. You have to try and block off the access roads around to hold up the reinforcements, mine the road, and try and find some high ground. It pays to watch your mini map to see where the cars are coming from. Also call in the rebels for support.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I put down a $5 preorder on this but haven't picked it up yet. Is it worth the full price if I'm going to play solo the majority of the time?

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I put down a $5 preorder on this but haven't picked it up yet. Is it worth the full price if I'm going to play solo the majority of the time?
In my opinion, yes, definitely. I've got 20+ hours in playing solo. My advice is put the difficulty on Extreme and turn off some HUD settings (i.e. markers). Makes the game a LOT more realistic & fun to play.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Yes. I'm only playing solo, and I absolutely love it. Maybe my favourite XB1 game.

Patch is also out today/tomorrow. Includes option to turn all radios in game off!

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Yes. I'm only playing solo, and I absolutely love it. Maybe my favourite XB1 game.

Patch is also out today/tomorrow. Includes option to turn all radios in game off!

Yeah ended up trading in Resident Evil for it last night, only ended up paying 40$ out of pocket and I'm really enjoying it so far. One thing though, does anyone else have an issue with character movement? Specifically when i try to move both sticks at once the game kind of glitches out, maybe it will be fixed with the upcoming patch.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Having more fun with this game than anything else in a while. It is like Far Cry meets Rainbow 6 Vegas.

No idea why the reviews were so bad, and yea the story content is awful / ridiculous but the gameplay is damn fun.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Having more fun with this game than anything else in a while. It is like Far Cry meets Rainbow 6 Vegas.

No idea why the reviews were so bad, and yea the story content is awful / ridiculous but the gameplay is damn fun.

From what I can gather reading reviews and comments around

It doesn't have the stealth gameplay of Splinter Cell
It doesn't have the tactical combat of Rainbow Six
It doesn't have the scripted action of Call of Duty
It doesn't have the story of Witcher III
It doesn't have the multiplayer of Overwatch.

Basically, a whole bunch of people seem to have played it expecting it to be just like [insert their favourite game franchise], and then were disappointed when it wasn't.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Add people who can't run it on their system (pc) and people bent on disliking everything Ubisoft does. Considering all that, the reviews are actually really good.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Add people who can't run it on their system (pc) and people bent on disliking everything Ubisoft does. Considering all that, the reviews are actually really good.

Yeah, I should have added that. This is the first Ubisoft game I've played in years, so I've been taken aback by the level of hipster Ubisoft hate.

Not heard people complaining about it not working on PC, only how it looks even more amazing than it does on console (and it looks amazing on console).

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
This game needs a 'Breach and Clear' squad command. :nod:

Would be nice - in the meantime blow one door off, chuck a grenade in, then order your squad to "fire". Go to another door, blow it off, then charge in yourself. Also like to use thermal vision and shotgun for close in work.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
the new DLC looks..................... lol. A cross between the fast and the furious & Mad max with a sprinkle of extreme power sports. While targeting "El Invisible" ......yes that is the main antagonist's name.

Would of been nice to see them work on creating better team AI for solo play and tweaking other stuff in the game than putting out a terrible looking DLC. They should be looking to put out a more gritty, (almost) real life dlc that makes you feel you are actually doing special ops missions with more legit targets but maybe that is humanizing...I don't know. The foundation is there to make an amazing tactical shooter and they are just pissing it away.

I am actually surprised its sales numbers are doing so well.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/18/ghost...-uk-number-one-games-charts-15-april-6581318/

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
the new DLC looks..................... lol. A cross between the fast and the furious & Mad max with a sprinkle of extreme power sports. While targeting "El Invisible" ......yes that is the main antagonist's name.

Would of been nice to see them work on creating better team AI for solo play and tweaking other stuff in the game than putting out a terrible looking DLC. They should be looking to put out a more gritty, (almost) real life dlc that makes you feel you are actually doing special ops missions with more legit targets but maybe that is humanizing...I don't know. The foundation is there to make an amazing tactical shooter and they are just pissing it away.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/18/ghost...-uk-number-one-games-charts-15-april-6581318/
They should be focusing on adding more major/boss fights to the existing game, as they're always good and actually mean something. I enjoy the game overall but can't deny that it's gotten repetitive. That by far is my biggest and only major complaint.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Yeah, Narco Road has been a disaster, not heard a single good word about it. Like a cheap GTA / Forza Horizon knockoff. The next DLC sounds more interesting, like a hardcore version. Or it could just be an entire game where you're being chased by endless waves of Unidad. Grrrrr.

I'm still loving the game, had one of my more enjoyable experiences last night clearing a big SB base. Took a position on high ground and provided supporting fire whilst my ghosts and rebels charged the base.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I bought this on sale, I never play online only single player and I love it great game. Some reviews ive seen and posts here made me nearly bypass it all together but its great.

2 annoyances though, when im doing a rebel mission stealing a plane/chopper those ****ing SAM sites seem very overpowered I try evasive maneuvers but not that great at flying.

The other is if I leave the guys standing without doing anything they start chatting to each other and they seem to give away some plot weirdly. They start talking about "Sueno being bush league for meeting us". I am not close to even catching a glimpse of him yet it also happens if I fast travel when I get to the location they start talking about it. Its not the end of the world but is annoying

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I bought this on sale, I never play online only single player and I love it great game. Some reviews ive seen and posts here made me nearly bypass it all together but its great.

2 annoyances though, when im doing a rebel mission stealing a plane/chopper those ****ing SAM sites seem very overpowered I try evasive maneuvers but not that great at flying.

The other is if I leave the guys standing without doing anything they start chatting to each other and they seem to give away some plot weirdly. They start talking about "Sueno being bush league for meeting us". I am not close to even catching a glimpse of him yet it also happens if I fast travel when I get to the location they start talking about it. Its not the end of the world but is annoying
I'd say the main thing to ignore on the thread is people earlier saying it's only good multiplayer. Definitely not true.

Just one bit of advice for anyone new to the game: don't try to do all the side missions, just do them when you stumble upon them, aside from picking up weapons you think you'll use. It's not at all necessary and it will get very repetitive if you try.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
There is a new free dlc where you can hunt the Predator. It's a limited time thing so get going if you want to try to take the Predator out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad