Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
504140t1heb69.jpg
?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
New Canes fan here. Since Leafs likely miss the playoffs, I'm already hopping on your wagon on the side.

Name: Kevin (friends and family call me Kevs)
Likes: good corsi, Sebastian Aho, color red, Carolina fast food joints, Svechnikov
Dislikes: suspect goaltending, Bill Peters

Thank you. Looking forward to being a part of this merry Canes family.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Ok so I’ve been hanging out here enough I figure I should do this.

Name: Stephanie
Sex: F
Where You're From: Dayton, OH
Where You Live Now: Charlotte, NC
Nationality: Irish. Think there’s German in there too. Either way I genetically like beer.
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: Car
Job: Office Manager
What brought you to HF Boards: Oh god I don’t even remember I’ve been here so long. I think I just googled Columbus Blue Jacket hockey boards back in the day and this is what popped up.
How you became a hockey fan: I have family in Michigan who are diehard Wings fans and so I’ve had a passing familiarity with them since I was a little kid (we visited often) but it didn’t really take then. I went to Ohio University and we didn’t have enough ladies varsity teams to have a men’s NCAA hockey team but we had a pretty sick club team. We were pretty dominant. I went to every home game, and started taking an interest in the pros. This was right around the time the Jackets came into existence. It was love at first sight with my dysfunctional, ragtag group of guys.
How you became a Canes fan: I moved to Charlotte two years ago (Exactly. Today is my two year anniversary here). I’m still trying to keep up with my home team but it’s hard when they’re there and I’m here, even with streams. And especially given that there’s a local team. And y’all have just been so welcoming. Can’t say I’m a fan yet but I’m gonna start watching the games.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Nick Foligno and Matty Calvert. Oh and if Rick Nash could just retire as a Jacket I’ll be a happy girl. I know, I know it’s f***ing cheesy. I don’t care. I love me some Nasher.
Other Sports You Like: OMFG March Madness. No specific team I just love it all.
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: OSU Buckeyes. Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye.
College Attended/Attending: Ohio University
Video Game Systems Owned: I have a PS2. Yeah dawg.
Favorite Game(s): God of War
Music You Listen To: Oh f*** me everything. My favorite artist is P!nk (don’t @ me bro I’ll f***ing fight you she’s awesome) but I also love Zac Brown Band, Metallica, Coldplay, Kenny Chesney, The Black Keys. I think Miles Davis Kind of Blue is the best album ever created in any genre. Ever.
Favorite Movie(s): Dial M for Murder. LOTR.
Favorite Book(s): Stephen King 11/22/63
Favorite Food(s): Hmmm... my dad’s chili
Favorite TV Show(s): Game of Thrones, Seinfeld
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: I have a Dubinsky home jersey
Anything Else: As we’ve been discussing in the Lounge thread I’m looking to take up playing the guitar. Music has always been a ginormous part of my life and right now I feel like it’s missing. I have a potty mouth. One of my favorite words is the F-word followed closely by the C-word. I like craft beer. I can change a watch battery faster than you can.

Last edited:

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018
Name: Eric
Sex: Male
Where You're From: Nova Scotia
Where You Live Now: New Brunswick
Nationality: Canadian
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: car
Job: Drywall lugger

What brought you to HF Boards: Got a little tired of the other online communities, you guys seem knowledgeable and funny.

How you became a hockey fan: I'm Canadian.

How you became a Canes fan: saw the Canes and Sens play a preseason game in Halifax in 97. Canes won, told my brother they were my favourite team since they beat his sens...cause I'm a dirtbag.

Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: beating the oilers for a cup or surprising people that my fandom isn't ironic.

Favorite Cane's Player(s): boychuk Dalpe bowman. Never forget the first ones to break your heart.

Other Sports You Like: curling
College Attended/Attending: University of New brunswick
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox and PC
Favorite Game(s): Dota 2 and Civ 6
Music You Listen To: mostly rap, blue scholars, brother Ali, common market, akua naru
Favorite movie: Seven psychopaths
Favorite Book: American gods
Favorite TV Show(s): justified,
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none, had a J.Staal shirt but had it cut off me last week.
Anything Else: filmmaker/media junkie.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Name: Randy
Age: You are only as old as you sound and I sound like cereal every morning getting up.
Sex:M
Where You're From: Raleigh
Where You Live Now: New England
Nationality: US
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: green
Mode of Transportation: cheapest possible
Job: Risk Analyst
What brought you to HF Boards: I was tired of reading/commenting on economics blogs. My best friend was the senior economist at a public/private think tank. Following the Great Recession he gave me some suggestions on blogs that might help me understand our economy. I went down a rabbit hole and became well-versed enough that I could understand CDOs, CDSs, bond-rating agencies, etc. I would get into arguments with what Paul Krugman calls "Very Serious People" who didn't understand the paradox of thrift or how rent-seeking is the opposite of adding value. So I needed a distraction and turned to hockey blogs.
How you became a hockey fan:
I lived in the Triangle when the Canes arrived.
How you became a Canes fan:
My home team
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: The team is on the verge of being great.
Favorite Cane's Player(s):
Brett Pesce, Sebastian Aho, Teuvo Teravainen.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):
Blake Coleman, Cam Ward.
Other Sports You Like: Tennis
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Not big into other team sports
College Attended/Attending: Duke
Video Game Systems Owned:
Favorite Game(s):
Competitive online bridge
Music You Listen To: Greg Hawks. Y'all who are in the Triangle probably know this brilliant song writer. Otherwise, blues and some classical. I announced on WCPE when I resided in the Triangle.
Favorite Movie(s):
American Beauty; Snowpiercer; Lady Bird
Favorite Book(s): American Salvage by Bonnie Jo Campbell; The Lucifer Effect by Phillip Zimbrado; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
Favorite Food(s): Thai
Favorite TV Show(s): Rectify--haven't committed to a show since
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None
Anything Else: [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad