Get to Know Your Fellow Canes Fans - PART II

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
I thought about suggesting this a while back, but I figure now that I've got some power I'll take an executive action or two. ;)

Original introductions thread HERE

Join our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=22018742631

The old thread is 3 years old, so I think it's time for some re-introductions. Some of us have moved on, some are fresh off the boat, and I'm sure some of us have changed a little bit over the course of a few years. So, even if you posted in the old thread, go ahead and post again here. You can just copy and paste your post from the old thread if you want. If you want to be a spoilsport, that is. If you can think of any other questions that would be good, I will add them.

Name:
Where You're From:
Where You Live Now:
Nationality:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Mode of Transportation:
Job:
What brought you to HF Boards:
How you became a hockey fan:
How you became a Canes fan:
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan:
Favorite Cane's Player(s):
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):
Other Sports You Like:
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For:
College Attended/Attending:
Video Game Systems Owned:
Favorite Game(s):
Music You Listen To:
Favorite Movie(s):
Favorite Book(s):
Favorite Food(s):
Favorite TV Show(s):
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:
Anything Else:

INDEX

LarosefortheHart
DaleCooper
DaveG
CaniacFromAppState
CanesUltimate11
The Sam
bleedgreen
Erik Stall
Cardiac_Canes
caniac247
daikan
Caniac12
Citizen Cane
cptjeff
rambo8
CarolinaHurricanes85
justwes
Vagrant
AcidQueen
Greensboro Hurricane
inSTAALed
GloveSave
Pirate Caniac
caniac83
gonk
InRodWeTrust
rawsiefilnredom
RUUUU
Viva La Canes
ChuckW
beemer
HockeyPlayerX
bob news III
Dreamie
Hockey Gazelle
Bub
stivwhaler
QuitStaaling
Joe McGrath
eerodynamic
Gr8Dan
Hurricane Anton
ASUhockeychick
tarheelhockey
TRANIAC
Mullets
CountJ
IHML
possum
Carl Weathers
stewza
Zach - #1 Canes Fan
juicyjokinen
AMOK14
PuckNomad
HisIceness
NTClikecandy
ncpuckhog
The Shockmaster
Kaberlay
Anton 2nd Pick
Anton Dubinchuk
TheBigKahuna
Triple Axel
garnetpalmetto
Gibson19
jking948
Sol3a1
OpAck
Bile
Quacktastic
Aquin001 on Ice
Anton H Christ
rusty28539
theobald
RoyalAnton
Anton Clitsome
HurricaneInCalgary
Johnny8242
Drivebytrucker
HankClerval
TylerE
Hookedonponics
Johniac
vronnie19
EQV
ClemsonCaniac
BabchukCannon
Watershed
CarolinaBlueJacket
LazyKing
Bongo
weasel66
Koogar
MeleeRay
canesfan793
HoneyBrownTown
Novacane
My Little Joni
PaulProteus
Wolfpack Cane
KibGrinder
MadMardigan
VACanesFan
iluvhockey987
Roboturner913
Soap
staalaholic11
Xylo
oursnoir59
Thricecube
moonpanda
wilmington caniac
vorbis
Datsyuk Prospect
dnugs
CanesAvs16
SurmaDeFauwFast
SashaSemin28
wolfpack87
JustHereForTheFights
Blown Away
thinkingcake
salim919
JacquesStrappe
booser22
golfpro827
cymmot

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Name: Matthew
Sex:Guess
Where You're From: Born in Durham :help:
Where You Live Now:Raleigh
Nationality:American
Hair Color:Dark Brown
Eye Color:hazel
Mode of Transportation: Don't have a car of my own :(
Job: Working at Moe's Grill at North Hills Mall
What brought you to HF Boards: Heard about it on another site
How you became a hockey fan:I've always liked watching hockey
How you became a Canes fan:I came to Raleigh in the same year as the Canes did, was a casual fan until the 2006 Cup Run
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Chad Larose
Favorite Cane's Player(s):Chad Larose, Sutter, Gleason, Ruutu, Staal (50% of the time only)
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Ovechkin, Stastny, Brodeur
Other Sports You Like: Baseball, but I refuse to watch it on TV
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Any Philly teams (GO PHILLIES!!!!)
College Attended/Attending: Went to ECU, now taking some time off
Video Game Systems Owned: XBOX
Favorite Game(s): Halo, NHL 06, Morrowind, Fallout 3
Music You Listen To: almost anything except for rap and r&b, specifically- Dave Matthews Band, Coldplay, The Killers, Jimmy Buffett, Peter Gabriel, The Police, America,
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars IV-VI, Lord of the Rings, Dodgeball, Independence Day, Men In Black, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Princess Bride, Life is Beautiful, Dead Poet's Society, Kingdom of Heaven, Star Wars, and Jurrasic Park, Spartacus, Full Metal Jacket
Favorite Book(s): Lord of the Rings, 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Dune
Favorite Food(s):STEAK, or any meat really.
Favorite TV Show(s): Mail Call, Scrubs, Jepordy, Mind of Mencia!, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, The Glenn Beck Program, The Universe
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Old customized home Canes jersey, new home Larose jersey, Staal alt jersey (not hockey, but I have a Mike Schmidt Phillies jersey, and a sort of practice Phillies jersey)
Anything Else: First

Reactions: Finlandia WOAT

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
Name: Jonathan
Sex: Male
Where You're From: Belmont, NC (just west of Charlotte)
Where You Live Now: New Jersey
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Mode of Transportation: 2003 Honda Accord
Job: IT business analyst stuff or something like that
What brought you to HF Boards: The business of hockey forum became my home for getting my hopes up that the end of the lockout was "IMMINENT" and that the season was on in 04-05, only to be devastated again and again and again. I started going to the chat long before I actually registered on the forum, then finally started posting here at the start of the 05-06 season.
How you became a hockey fan: Attended some Charlotte Checkers games as a kid. At the 1996 trade deadline, Wayne Gretzky was traded to the Blues, and my curiosity was perked by Gretzky and Hull playing together. I started watching them and then fell in love with the Detroit Red Wings in the 7 game playoff series that year where Yzerman scored in overtime to knock out St. Louis. A year later, Hartford shocked me by announcing the relocation to North Carolina. I continued to be a fan of both the Canes and Wings until the 2002 Finals when Detroit broke my heart and I kicked them to the curb.
How you became a Canes fan: There was never any question about it. The day the Hartford announcement was made, I started reading up on Andrew Cassels, Geoff Sanderson, Glen Wesley, Sean Burke, etc, and started getting excited about having NHL hockey in my state.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: The passion of our fans, from the tailgating to the playoff noise. We are a small market and don't have a huge fan base, but the fans we do have are very dedicated and knowledgeable. A friend of mine once commented on how crazy he thought it was when he went to his first game and it seemed like everyone in the building had a jersey.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): I don't really pick favorites on the Canes, but right now I'll say Staal, Sutter, Ruutu, McBain, Pitkanen, and Gleason.. okay that's a lot lol
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Marian Gaborik
Other Sports You Like: football and European soccer
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Arsenal FC, NC State, Carolina Panthers
College Attended/Attending: Graduated from NC State in 2007, attending grad school at Rutgers
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360 (Dale Cooper 91 on Xbox Live), PS1, SNES, and PC of course
Favorite Game(s): NHL, Madden, FIFA, Company of Heroes, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2 and Classic
Music You Listen To: http://last.fm/user/vulcan91
Favorite Movie(s): Brazil, Miller's Crossing, The Big Lebowski, Back to the Future, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Adaptation, Dr. Strangelove, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Goodfellas, The Royal Tenenbaums, Lost in Translation, Casablanca, Mulholland Dr., Chungking Express, Apocalypse Now, Citizen Kane, Roger & Me, Hoop Dreams, Sherman's March to name a few
Favorite Book(s): Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Brave New World, Catcher in the Rye, Cat's Cradle, Breakfast of Champions, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Princess Bride, Lolita, They Don't Play Hockey in Heaven, Harry Potter, Kitchen Confidential, Band of Brothers
Favorite Food(s): So many different things it would be impossible to say. I generally like local foods that are prepared really well, but not really upscale expensive places. More like street foods, and unhealthy stuff. North Carolina BBQ is a favorite, of course. Doner kebob, currywurst... Breakfast food... Mmm... Basically anything with meat; I could never be a vegetarian. Chicken is the worst and blandest meat.
Favorite TV Show(s): Twin Peaks, Band of Brothers, 24, Scrubs, Hockey Night in Canada, Survivorman, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Seinfeld, South Park, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Prison Break, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CCM Canes Red, RBK Canes Red Samsonov, RBK Canes Black Corvo

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Name: Dave
Where You're From: The Northeastern US
Where You Live Now: Winston-Salem
Nationality: American. Ethnically: German-Swiss/English/Irish/Scot
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: 07 Saturn Ion
Job: Epic Analyst for Wake Forest, Brewer and Events for Gizmo Brew Works
What brought you to HF Boards: Information on the top prospects for the upcoming draft (back in 01) and a lack of general knowledge on the Canes official board at the time.
How you became a hockey fan: Kindof born into it
How you became a Canes fan: Was a fan of both the Whalers and Penguins when I lived in the north, never living all that close to either team. I moved down here in the winter of 96, the following fall the Canes would move down here and it didn't take much for them to become my team. I no longer follow the Penguins like I used to, too many things happened while and since I've been out of college. Between the Orpik incident (and the reaction by their fanbase to it) and the lack of any players that I really like on their team anymore I just don't care now.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Tailgating in the parking lot before playoff games. That's just an atmosphere you won't find anywhere else in the league.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Jaccob Slavin, Sebastian Aho, Jeff Skinner
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Phil Kessel, Seth Jones, PK Subban
Favorite Player(s) of All Time: Erik Cole, Vladislav Tretiak, Valeri Kharlamov, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Mario Lemieux, Tom Barrasso
Other Sports You Like: Football (pro and college), Basketball (college only), Soccer, Golf, Skiing
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox, West Virginia University, Northeastern University, AFC Ajax
College Attended/Attending: West Virginia University, Colorado State University
Video Game Systems Owned: PC, XBox 360 (Greybill1981 on XBox Live)
Favorite Game(s): Mass Effect, NCAA Football series, Civilization series (PC only), EHM (PC only), Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2, Chess
Music You Listen To: Prettymuch anything but Rap and Country as long as it's good
Favorite Movie(s): Fight Club, Miracle, Dr. Strangelove, Full Metal Jacket, Thank You for Smoking, North by Northwest, The Two Escobars, Blazing Saddles
Favorite Book(s): 1984, The Killer Angels, Moneyball, The Martian
Favorite Food(s): Mexican
Favorite TV Show(s): Arrested Development, Scrubs, Band of Brothers, South Park, Futurama, Simpsons up until season 9 or so, Rick and Morty, Archer, Letterkenny
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Red Weekes 02 era, Red Staal 06 era, White Ward 06 era, Atlanta ASG Staal, Black Brind'Amour, Black plain, Minnesota Havlat, Team Canada Green, Hanifin white 15-16, red 2017 Skinner, Whalers night Aho, blank Kachina Yotes
Anything Else: still beer

Last edited:

AntonFromAppState

Hurricaniac
Jan 18, 2007
North Carolina
Name:Scott
Sex:M
Where You're From: Raleigh
Where You Live Now: Raleigh
Nationality: American and half honduran
Hair Color:Brown
Eye Color:Bronw
Mode of Transportation: bicycle
Job: Target Backroom
What brought you to HF Boards: people are knowledgeable here
How you became a hockey fan: friend in elementary school played hockey
How you became a Canes fan: I live in Raleigh
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Being able to go to the games for cheap and I love the fans
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Sutter and Seidenberg
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Brodeur
Other Sports You Like: Football, Baseball, and soccer
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Braves, Aston Villa, Appalachian State Mountaineers, Charlotte Bobcats
College Attended/Attending: Appalachian State 2006-2008, Wake Tech 2009 to present
Video Game Systems Owned: PS2 PS3
Favorite Game(s): any Valve game and NHL and Madden
Music You Listen To: Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, Techno, Hard Rock, it all depends
Favorite Movie(s): Pink Floyd the Wall, The Dark Knight, Ironman, Forrest Gump
Favorite Book(s): Angels and Demons, Hardball
Favorite Food(s): Barbecue, burgers, hotdogs, spaghetti, FOOD
Favorite TV Show(s): The Office, Scrubs, Nip/Tuck, House
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Where to begin
Canes:
Old white
Old red
new white
new red
new third
Whalers blue
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/hispanhick/DSC05107.jpg?t=1231869177
Coyotes:
Old black
Old white
pre-reebok white
old third (the disgusting green one)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/hispanhick/DSC05108.jpg?t=1231869205
everything else
Avs home
Habs home
Cats old home (red)
Capitals old away (red)
Blackhawks old home (red)
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/hispanhick/DSC05112.jpg?t=1231869222
Anything Else:
Other Jerseys
Dolphins Aqua Marino
Dolphins Aqua Taylor
Dolphins Coral Brown
Appalachian State Murrell 44
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/hispanhick/DSC05114.jpg?t=1231869306
Braves blank
Aston Villa 1994 Claret
Aston Villa 1994 Blue
Aston Villa 1996 or sometime Claret
Aston Villa knock off
Honduras National Jersey
Ref jersey
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/hispanhick/DSC05116.jpg?t=1231869324

edit: apologize for it not being bold

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Name: Danny
Where You're From: Hamilton, ON
Nationality: Canadian, with American citizenship
Mode of Transportation: Mazda 3
Job: Content Manager at Nortel Networks
What brought you to HF Boards: Links from other hockey sites
How you became a hockey fan: Played some youth hockey in New Hampshire, watching Ice Caps games, attending Canes v Leafs games in Greensboro.
How you became a Canes fan: Began cheering the home team when they weren't playing the Leafs then during 01 playoffs became die hard Canes fan forsaking all others. (which made the 02 ECF interesting as my brother and I cheered all out for the Canes while my mother cheered for Toronto)
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Being able to attend games pretty much at will and teaching others to be Canes fans.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Staal (gotta love the tall gangly types), Sutter, Gleason (JJ who?)
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Cole, Ovechkin
Other Sports You Like: Football, College Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Carolina Panthers, San Diego Chargers, Toronto Blue Jays and Leafs (when they're not playing the Canes)
College Attended/Attending: UNCG
Video Game Systems Owned: 64, Gamecube
Favorite Game(s): Diablo, WoW, Goldeneye, Zelda
Music You Listen To: Anything but rap and classical, with limited country
Favorite Movie(s): Too many to list but anything by Mel Brooks is a good start
Favorite Book(s): LOTR, WoT, Sword of Truth, Dirk Pitt novels, RA Salvatore books, Snow Crash, Cryptonomican, Barraque Cycle
Favorite Food(s): KD, pizza, pasta, a good steak
Favorite TV Show(s): The Simpons, Scrubs, Big Bang Theory,
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Blank home jersey
Anything Else:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Name: Sam
Where You're From: Born in Florida, moved to Raleigh in 96.
Where You Live Now: Boone
Nationality: American with Italian and Russian roots.
Hair Color: Black
Mode of Transportation: 2004 Eclipse
Job: Currently looking
What brought you to HF Boards: I honestly don't recall. I think I was looking up stuff about the draft coming out of the lockout.
How you became a hockey fan: I've been a fan all my life. My dad grew up in Connecticut so he was always a Whalers fan. I was just a casual fan and didn't really follow them too much until they came to North Carolina. I did watch the Panthers a little too.
How you became a Canes fan: See above. I always support my home town teams even if I grew up as a fan of some other team.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Going to the games. I had never been to a hockey game before I moved to Raleigh.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Cam Ward
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): I dunno, not able to watch too many other teams. I always liked Modano and Thornton though.
Other Sports You Like: NFL, MLB, NCAABB, NCAAF
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Carolina Panthers, Boston Red Sox, Carolina Tar Heels, Appalachian State Mountaineers
College Attended/Attending: Appalachian State
Video Game Systems Owned: I have a N64 somewhere but I never play it. I have a PS2 that I use for a DVD player. My roommates have an XBox 360 and a Wii that I play occasionally.
Favorite Game(s): Almost any Zelda or Mario game.
Music You Listen To: Just about anything. My iPod is about as diverse as you can get.
Favorite Movie(s): Fight Club, Usual Suspects, Memento, The Departed, Into the Wild, Blood Diamond, Princess Bride
Favorite Book(s): Tale of Two Cities, 1984, Brave New World, Les Miserables
Favorite Food(s): Chicken, by far. I don't care how it's done, you can't mess it up.
Favorite TV Show(s): It's Always Sunny, Arrested Development, The Office, 24
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Blank White Hurricanes
Anything Else: I make awesome avatars

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Name: John
Sex:male
Where You're From: Wethersfield, CT
Where You Live Now: Denver, CO
Nationality:Irish/Italian (when drinking).... sometimes Italian/Irish (when eating)
Hair Color:brown fro
Eye Color:blue
Mode of Transportation: 93 jeep wrangler (the eternal sidekick)
Job: full time EMT on 911 ambulance for Denver, currently also full time paramedic student for the same
What brought you to HF Boards: looking for prospect info on my team, found a place i could finally talk hockey - pickings are lean here in CO.
How you became a hockey fan: started playing at five, couldnt stand watching games on tv till i was 15 or so - born and raised whaler green. lived 10 minuted from the "mall".
How you became a Canes fan: after the mess, there was no way i could root for the bruins or rangers like bettman thought i would, or for the rangers minor league team planted in my teams rink (really?....really?...seriously?). i soon after (same year they moved here) moved to CO and tried to root for the avs but i was still upset about quebec moving and how can i root for ROY?!! BOURQUE?!!! id sooner die. my team was in carolina so i had no choice but to suck it up and follow them as i had previously. i like the avs a lot more now that the old roster has turned over.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: being the only person in CO who knows who they are
Favorite Cane's Player(s): struggling with that right now. walker? i miss cole but im ok with the trade. willy, staal, gleason.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): kovalchuk, gaborik, d brown, kopitar, doughty, semin
Other Sports You Like:soccer, lacrosse, golf
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Bosox, av's, nuggets, rockies, DU.
College Attended/Attending:Eastern CT state University, Denver Health paramedic school
Video Game Systems Owned:xbox 360
Favorite Game(s):nhl 09, prince of persia, orange box, ninja gaiden, which they would make sequel to crimson skies.
Music You Listen To: radiohead, cold war kids, beirut, bob mould/sugar, jeff buckley, OLD rem (80's), modest mouse, my bloody valentine, pavement, pixies, rise, ryan adams, shins, spoon, smiths, iron and wine, devotchka, basically indie, 90's alt+ shoegaze, classic rock, really anything beside angry rap and counrty....and western.
Favorite Movie(s): master and commander, LOTR, GW hunting, Cohen bros, caddyshack/stripes era, danny boyle movies, dead poets, too many to list.
Favorite Book(s): vonnegut, lotr, potter, mockingbird, big non fiction kick right now, wwII, paramedic books (pharm + cardialogy)....thats all i have time to really read right now.
Favorite Food(s): italian, seafood.......cheese and beer food groups.
Favorite TV Show(s): Dexter, still love LOST, Planet earth, band of brothers, family guy, south park. anything discovery channel-esque in HD.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: had my authentic sanderson away jersey stolen my first year here. authentic away yzerman circa 93, home and away whaler replica's + center ice practice jersey. authentic avs practice, authentic usa junior team jersey unnamed, 20 or so jerseys from my own adventures.
Anything Else: have played since i was 5, played through high school and club college, got into roller played semi pro (MLRH, PIHA, Narch), taught clinics, private lessons, coached, reffed on and off for 12 years (ice and roller), managed two roller rinks. still play twice a week when i can (both ice and roller). I will play till i cant stay up on skates anymore. took 8 stitches between the eyes last month so the modeling dream has finally died, and i am actually wearing a half shield! ive become a euro pansy bed wetter. im a whaler orphan who has been taken in here, i eschew capitals because its a hockey message board not a company email, and i type like an angry dyslexic ape. i have a soft spot for puck bunnies, but who doesnt? i hate karmanos, disagree with 85% or more with everything JR does, and thats because of what he actually does not because of latent whaler rage. im opnionated i know, but im old thats how old people get.:sarcasm: back in my day....

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Name: Caner Soze
Sex: Yes, please. Oh, male.
Where You're From: Charleston, SC
Where You Live Now: Same as above.
Nationality: German, Irish, Native American
Hair Color: black
Eye Color: brown
Mode of Transportation: 1997 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
Job: Bum/student for now
What brought you to HF Boards: I honestly can't remember
How you became a hockey fan: Dad brought me to a hockey game when I was maybe 6 or 7; I can hardly remember the specifics. I liked it so much he decided to sign me up to play when I was 8. I still have that music they used to play on NHL 2night on ESPN in my head. Man, I wish that show would come back.
How you became a Canes fan: they're my local team, was a Red Wings fan before that
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Our Stanley Cup win, of course
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Staal, Whitney, Gleason, Cullen
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lucic, Gagne, Sakic, Shanahan
Other Sports You Like: Football, baseball, soccer, basketball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Gamecocks, Carolina Panthers, Braves, Man U and N.O. Hornets (love Chris Paul).
College Attended/Attending: Slacker Tech
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): Madden, NHL, FIFA, NCAA Football, etc
Music You Listen To: Mainly classic rock, alternative, indie and rap
Favorite Movie(s): Slap Shot, Miracle, Cohen Brothers' films, etc
Favorite Book(s): I'm a big non-fiction reader, don't really like too much fiction
Favorite Food(s): Steak, barbeque, chinese, pizza, etc
Favorite TV Show(s): 48 Hours, House, Sportscenter
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: an old Rangers jersey, plus my teams jerseys from the past.
Anything Else: nope!

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Name: Shane
Where You're From: Renfrew (outside of Ottawa)
Where You Live Now: Toronto
Nationality: Canadian
Mode of Transportation: Public transit!
Job: Student/horticulturalist/teachers assistant
What brought you to HF Boards: I honestly can't remember anymore
How you became a hockey fan: NHL 99
How you became a Canes fan: NHL 99, liked the canes jerseys as a kid
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: I can never be accused of being a bandwagoner haha
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Brindy, Gleason, LaRose
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Shane Doan
Other Sports You Like: Soccer, Wrestling (the real kind)
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Aston Villa, Phoenix Coyotes
College Attended/Attending: Humber
Video Game Systems Owned: gamecube, pc
Favorite Game(s): resistance, far cry, fear, nhl ehm
Music You Listen To: spans so many genres from metal to post rock, acoustic, ambient, prog rock, experimental etc.
Favorite Movie(s): Shaun of the Dead is the first one to come to mind
Favorite Book(s): Anything by Ruth Rendell, Dean Koontz, Robert Crais etc. I read a ton
Favorite Food(s): Pasta, pizza, chicken etc. not too too picky
Favorite TV Show(s): Lost, Simpsons, Family Guy
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: red rbk Brindy jersey

Last edited:

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Name: Kristy
Sex: female
Where You're From: Pennsylvania
Nationality: 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Irish
Mode of Transportation: Toyota
Job: Project Manager at Pharmaceutical company
What brought you to HF Boards: Internet search
How you became a hockey fan: Broadstreet Bullies
How you became a Canes fan: Canes vs Flyers, March 2002
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Everything, fans, atmosphere, tailgating, etc
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Tim Gleason, Tuomo Ruutu
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Erik Cole, Alex Ovechkin, Sheldon Souray
Other Sports You Like: Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles
College Attended/Attending: Not an ACC school
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): don't really play it
Music You Listen To: alternative, pop, some hip hop
Favorite Movie(s): Saw, Dark Knight, A Christmas Story
Favorite Book(s): right now its the Twilight Series
Favorite Food(s): Italian, seafood, Mexican
Favorite TV Show(s): Prison Break, Criminal Minds, Cold Case, Without a Trace
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Cole (Canes, White, Signed), Williams (Canes, Red, signed), Gleason (Canes, Red, to be signed)
Anything Else: 1st girl to post :)

Last edited:

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Name: Erich
Sex: M
Where You're From: Göteborg
Where You Live Now: Göteborg
Nationality: A bit German, a little bit Finnish, mostly Swedish.
Hair Color: Blonde.
Eye Color: Blue.
Job: Student.
What brought you to HF Boards: Can't remember.
How you became a hockey fan: Have been since I was a kid, probably thanks to video games and hockey cards.
How you became a Canes fan: Don't remember for sure, but probably related to the answer above.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: The 06 playoffs.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Ward/Williams/Sutter.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Ovechkin and all of the old Frölunda alumni (Lundqvist, Alfredsson etc.).
Other Sports You Like: I suppose Formula 1.
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Frölunda Indians.
College Attended/Attending: Chalmers University of Technology.
Music You Listen To: I know this is a cliché, but I honestly (try to) listen to everything. Tons of different electronic music, classical, jazz, (indie) rock, pop, hip hop, trip hop, ambient, noise and much more.. Lately I've been listening to a lot of techno/house and ambient/minimalism.
Favorite Movie(s): Paris, Texas, The Royal Tenenbaums, Dr. Strangelove and Wings of Desire are some. Du Levande/You, the Living is one of my recent favorites.
Favorite Book(s): House of Leaves, Slaughterhouse-Five, Breakfast at Tiffany's.. right now I'm reading American Gods, and it's great.
Favorite Food(s): Italian, French.
Favorite TV Show(s): Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Six Feet Under..

I checked out the old one before doing this, and, well.. things do change.

So I'm seriously the only blonde here so far?

Caniac12

May 30, 2008
Name: Logan
Where You're From: Raleigh
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: hazel
Mode of Transportation: BMW 325i
Job: N/A
What brought you to HF Boards: Posters with Hockey Knowledge
How you became a hockey fan: Went to a game
How you became a Canes fan: Home town team.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: RBC center sellouts
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Cullen, Samsonov, Corvo, Ruutu
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):Semin, Green, B. Richards, M. Richards, St. Louis
Other Sports You Like: Soccer, Basketball, Baseball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Chelsea, Barcelona, Lakers, Red Sox
College Attended/Attending: Hopefully Harvard or Yale
Video Game Systems Owned: xbox, wii
Favorite Game(s):Fifa, NHL, Call of Duty
Music You Listen To: Everything
Favorite Movie(s):Ironman, Eagle Eye, Disturbia, SAW, Apocalypto, Borat
Favorite Book(s): 1984...many others
Favorite Food(s): Bacon Turkey Bravo from Panera, Cinnabons, steaks
Favorite TV Show(s): anything on ESPN, Discovery, or History
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Red Matt Cullen, New Red `Canes, Old red `Canes

Citizen Cane

Honoring AAC/11th AF
Oct 25, 2006
The OC
Good grief, I'm old enough to be everyone's father on here, except Bleedgreen.
I think I'll grow a long beard and become the elder of the tribe.

Name: Davidson
Where You're From: Grew up near Charlotte
Where You Live Now: Just outside Chapel Hill
Nationality: USA
Hair Color: Brown...okay,. okay, a little tiny bit of grey at the temples.
Mode of Transportation: Honda Accord, Chevy Silverado
Job: Environmental Protection/Conservation
What brought you to HF Boards: Can't remember that far back. I'm old, remember?
How you became a hockey fan: Dad took me to Charlotte Checkers games in the late 1960's/early 70's, then started watching the Flyers, Isles and Oilers in the 80's, and a resurgence in the mid-90's playoffs.
How you became a Canes fan: The team moved here - and I had always liked the Whale.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Gleason, Brind'Amour, Ward
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Saku Koivu
Other Sports You Like: Football, lacrosse, baseball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: UNC, App State, Baltimore Orioles :)help:)
College Attended/Attending: Elon, South Carolina, Appalachian (undergrad) and UNC (graduate)
Video Game Systems Owned: My son's old PS2
Favorite Game(s): The most recent NHL EA Sports game
Music You Listen To: An eclectic (I like to think) mix of 1970's classic rock, art-rock, fusion, jazz...some more recent things but nothing post-Nirvana. Thats my idea of recent :D
Favorite Movie(s): Citizen Kane (yep, really), The Godfather Part II, Dr. Strangelove (excellent taste, daikan) Dog Day Afternoon, Cool Hand Luke, Good Night and Good Luck, North by Northwest, Vertigo
Favorite Book(s): Too many to list, most of my reading is non-fiction biography and history or the "classics."
Favorite Food(s): Grilled fish, shrimp creole and/or etoufee, among others
Favorite TV Show(s): Must admit I don't really watch any current shows - I like "The Tudors" series on Showtime.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Home Canes, away USA t
Anything Else: Used to be a sportswriter years ago. I'd just like to note for the record that I had the name 'Citizen Cane' long before the local sports radio station decided to use it in promotions and on their web page. I think compensation should be forthcoming!!! Amateur genealogist and historian (history minor in college).

Ok, time for my nap. I'm told I don't look my age, but d*** I feel old now!

Last edited:

Citizen Cane

Honoring AAC/11th AF
Oct 25, 2006
The OC
By the way, Caniac from App State, we have one other thing in common. I was a huge Miami Dolphins fan - before they became a power - in the early 1970's. I watched firsthand the 17-0 1972 team and loved every minute of it. After I became a sportswriter I ceased being a fan much, but I lived and breathed Dolphins football for a long while.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Name: Jeff P
Where You're From: Greensboro
Where You Live Now: Potsdam NY (for school)
Nationality: 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Polish. Look almost completely Polish. Brother looks completely irish, and my Sister looks half and half. It's very funny when just my brother and I are together, nobody ever thinks we're related. But when my sister's there, it's the most obvious thing in the world.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Mode of Transportation: Toyota Avalon at home, bike or foot at school.
Job: I wish.
What brought you to HF Boards: Got bored and tired of Yahoo answers hockey section.
How you became a hockey fan: Dad got me into it during the 2006 season. Needless to say, that ended well.
How you became a Canes fan: Same as above.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Constantly reminding Buffalo fans In upstate NY about the 2006 Cup.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Samsonov and Ruutu right now.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Matt Beca and Britney Selina (from Clarkson University's mens and Women's teams respectively), Erik Cole.
Other Sports You Like: Baseball, Football.
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Panthers, Yankees, Clarkson Hockey teams (Yay, we're not in last place right now!)
College Attended/Attending: As you might have Gathered, Clarkson University.
Video Game Systems Owned: My parents never let us get one other then a gameboy, and now that I can get one I can't afford it.
Favorite Game(s): Pokemon yellow and Gold.
Music You Listen To: Anything and Nothing. Anything in terms of Genre, nothing anyone's really heard of. Oldies when I listen to the radio.
Favorite Movie(s): Casalblanca, Singing in the Rain, The Dark Knight, Hitchhiker's guide, anything Monty Python or Star Trek (well, most of the Trek movies. There are a few that suck).
Favorite Book(s): For Whom the Bell Tolls was great, 1984, Lots more.
Favorite Food(s): Caesar Chicken Salad. Yes, really.
Favorite TV Show(s): Star Trek, NCIS, House, Mythbusters, Cities of the Underworld, MASH
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Old Canes Red, Old Canes White Cole, old Clarkson White (Green Yoke and CU Logo), mid 90's black Canucks skate logo, blank.
Anything Else: I'm sure there's a lot, but I can't think of anything to put here at the moment.

Last edited:

rambo8

Name: Danny
Sex: let's hope so
Where You're From: Winston-Salem
Where You Live Now: W-S
Nationality: American!!
Mode of Transportation: Nissan p/up
Job: construction foreman
What brought you to HF Boards: luck
How you became a hockey fan: went to my first game in '86...hooked immediately
How you became a Canes fan: Gotta pull for the local boys!!
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Crowd noise, 2006 Stanley Cup Champions
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Ray Whitney.....Chad LaRose
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Patrick O'Sullivan
Other Sports You Like: NHRA Drag Racing, NFL
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Twin City Cyclones, Steelers, Panthers
College Attended/Attending: School of Hard Knocks
Video Game Systems Owned: PS2 PS3
Favorite Game(s): Dead Space....Silent Hill.....Call of Duty
Music You Listen To: Hard Rock
Favorite Movie(s): Saving Pvt Ryan
Favorite Book(s): The Heroin Diaries
Favorite Food(s): Ribeye steak
Favorite TV Show(s): ???
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Check out my site, too many to list
Anything Else:

CarolinaHurricanes85

Apr 3, 2007
Name: Sean
Where You're From: Cambridge, Ohio
Where You Live Now: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Nationality: US
Hair Color: Blond
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation: Ford Explorer
Job: I quit my job the day before the financial crisis. Ditto.
What brought you to HF Boards: Randomly stumbled upon it.
How you became a hockey fan: My entire life
How you became a Canes fan: Saw them in Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens, 1998
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan: Loud RBC Center
Favorite Cane's Player(s): LaRose, Sutter
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Anze Kopitar, Daigle
Other Sports You Like: Baseball, Football
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers
College Attended/Attending: Virginia Wesleyan College '08
Video Game Systems Owned: 360, PS2
Favorite Game(s):
Music You Listen To: Carolina Liar, Boyce Avenue, Thriving Ivory, Longwave, Rogue Wave
Favorite Movie(s): The Departed, Religulous
Favorite Book(s): God is not Great, Co. "Aytch"
Favorite Food(s): PBJ, Spaghetti, California Pizza Kitchen
Favorite TV Show(s): South Park, NBC News, Countdown, Hardball
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 59 Chad LaRose, 16 Brandon Sutter, 10 Gary Roberts (when he played for us)
Anything Else:
- Surfing
- Drinking lethal amounts of alcohol
- I've had 4 jobs in 4 states: Hollister Co., McDonalds, Receptionist, US Marines
- Had season tickets for the Columbus Chill before the arrival of the Jackets put them out of the business.

Last edited:

justwes

Apr 14, 2009
Slidell LA
Name: Wes
Sex:Male
Where You're From: Roanoke Rapids
Where You Live Now: Knightdale
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation:Car
Job:Network Tech
What brought you to HF Boards:Good Sportsmanship
How you became a hockey fan:What is better than grown men skating into each other at full speed.
How you became a Canes fan: Being able to finally see the games on TV made it easier to follow things so I just got more and more into it.
Favorite thing about being a Canes fan:Tailgates
Favorite Cane's Player(s):Conboy, Gleason
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s):Anyone but Ovechkin
Other Sports You Like:Football Soccer
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For:Your Carolina Panthers
College Attended/Attending:Get Drunk U
Video Game Systems Owned:Wii Xbox360
Favorite Game(s):Pong
Music You Listen To: Heavy Metal back when it was good
Favorite Movie(s):Fight Club, Backdoor Sluts 9 (Bullet for my Valentine DVD?)
Favorite Book(s):The Potsmokers Handbook
Favorite Food(s):not Chilis
Favorite TV Show(s): cartoons with fart jokes
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:Just a black Staal t-shirt
Anything Else:Something Else

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->