Get to Know Your Fellow Canes Fans - PART II

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
No idea why I haven't done this yet. But hi.

Name: Daniel
Sex: Male
Where You're From: Cary
Where You Live Now: Cary
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Brown with 1 or 2 gray hairs.
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: Mazda Cx-7
Job: Portrait & Wedding Photographer
What brought you to HF Boards: I needed to talk hockey.
How you became a hockey fan: Dad grew up an Islanders fan, then he moved to Carolina. Hurricanes moved here in 96, my family bought season tickets that season. I was 3 years old going to the first ever Canes game in history. Been hooked since.
How you became a Canes fan: Been one since the day they started.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Faulk YEAH! All time has to be either Jeff O'Neill or Ray Whitney though.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Jarome Iginla
Other Sports You Like: Football!
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Big Panthers fan too! Also I semi like the Yankees
College Attended/Attending: International Academy of Design & Technology of Tampa Bay, Florida (Longest school name ever)
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): NHL or Fifa
Music You Listen To: Alternative
Favorite Movie(s): Pirates of The Caribbean Series probs
Favorite Book(s): Eww books
Favorite Food(s): Pizza <3
Favorite TV Show(s): Shark Tank, Gold Rush, South Park, Breaking Bad
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Old red Personal Canes Jersey, Old White J. Staal, Old Red Ray Whitney, need my self a Black Faulk
Anything Else: Only missed attending one playoff home game in Canes history! Being at the RBC Center in 2006 to watch the Canes lift the cup is still the most memorable moment of my life! Such an incredible experience, and will be a moment I will cherish for like forever haha!

Reactions: sheriff bart

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Could probably get all of this information looking at my post history, so I might as well put it in one place.

Name: Andrew
Where You're From: Philly Suburbs (Grew up in Raleigh area)
Where You Live Now: Boston
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Grey/Blue
Mode of Transportation: BMW F30, Subway
Job: Software Consultant
What brought you to HF Boards: Google, been lurking here since 2005.
How you became a hockey fan: Parents were causal Flyers fans.
How you became a Canes fan: I remember the first time I heard about the Canes. It was sometime before the Canes moved here and I was reading an article about the new team moving here in the N&O. My dad gave a glowing endorsement, "Ahh, the Whalers always sucked, this team will probably always suck too". I followed them very casually on TV ever since their first season, but didn't become a diehard until the 2001 playoff run.
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Erik Cole was my favorite for a long time, but he kinda ruined it when when he came out as a whiney, entitled-ass during the lockout and his contract negotiations. I was always a Rod Brind'amour Fan, even during his Philly days. Guilty pleasure: Chad LaRose. Current Member: Justin Faulk.
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): P. K. Subban. Love his swag, and troll behavior.
Other Sports You Like: Football (American and Association)
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Panthers
College Attended/Attending: RIT
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox One, PS4, Wii U
Favorite Game(s): NHL
Music You Listen To: Indie Rock. Pavement is my All-Time favorite band.
Favorite Movie(s): Memento, Fight Club, Garden State, Birdman
Favorite Book(s): Chuck Palahniuk, Bukowski
Favorite Food(s): Sushi
Favorite TV Show(s): Breaking Bad, GoT, Justified, True Detective.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CCM Canes Red (No player), Black J. Staal, New Red Skinner, Whalers Jersey/Hoodie.

Sebastian Svechnikov

May 21, 2015
I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself

Name: Justin
Sex: male
Where You're From: outskirts of Asheville
Where You Live Now: Asheville
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: blue
Mode of Transportation: BMW 325
Job: construction
What brought you to HF Boards: researching the 2015 draft and looking for a place to talk NHL and 'Canes hockey
How you became a hockey fan: watching late 90's NHL games on ESPN
How you became a Canes fan: them being my local team but I really fell in love during the Cup run
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Justin Faulk, all time Rod Brind'Amour
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Patrick Kane, all time Brett Hull
Other Sports You Like: soccer, football and basketball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Duke, Schalke, Minnesota Vikings
College Attended/Attending: UNC Asheville
Video Game Systems Owned: X-Box 360
Favorite Game(s): FIFA, NHL, Grand Theft Auto
Music You Listen To: Modest Mouse, Portugal The Man, Local Natives, Incubus, Nirvana, Explosions In The Sky, Down, Lana Del Rey, Death From Above 1979, Muse
Favorite Movie(s): American History X, The Prestige, Anchorman, Memento, Pan's Labyrinth, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Mulholland Drive, The Wolf of Wall Street, Vanilla Sky, Apocalypto
Favorite Book(s): meh...
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Chinese, Italian
Favorite TV Show(s): Dexter, Trailer Park Boys, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, King of The Hill, True Detective
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: red Brind'Amour

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself

Name: Justin
Where You're From: outskirts of Asheville
Where You Live Now: Asheville
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: blue
Mode of Transportation: BMW 325
What brought you to HF Boards: researching the 2015 draft and looking for a place to talk NHL and 'Canes hockey
How you became a hockey fan: watching late 90's NHL games on ESPN
How you became a Canes fan: them being my local team but I really fell in love during the Cup run
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Justin Faulk, all time Rod Brind'Amour
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Patrick Kane, all time Brett Hull
Other Sports You Like: soccer, football and basketball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: Duke, Schalke, Minnesota Vikings
College Attended/Attending: UNC Asheville
Video Game Systems Owned: X-Box 360
Favorite Game(s): FIFA, NHL, Grand Theft Auto
Music You Listen To: Modest Mouse, Portugal The Man, Local Natives, Incubus, Nirvana, Explosions In The Sky, Down, Lana Del Rey, Death From Above 1979, Muse
Favorite Movie(s): American History X, The Prestige, Anchorman, Memento, Pan's Labyrinth, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Mulholland Drive, The Wolf of Wall Street, Vanilla Sky, Apocalypto
Favorite Book(s): meh...
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Chinese, Italian
Favorite TV Show(s): Dexter, Trailer Park Boys, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, King of The Hill, True Detective
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: red Brind'Amour

This boy just ain't right, I tell you what :sarcasm:

By they way, it's nice to know there are Canes fans in Asheville. Part of me wants to move there someday.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I just realized that I'm old....likely the oldest guy on the board. How dare you whippersnappers question my judgement....where did I leave the dog....

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
When I was younger, I dreaded getting older. Now, I enjoy, and might even say embrace it. I have more disposable income now to do the things I like, more free time, travel a lot more, more varied interests than when I was younger, more life experience, know what I like and don't like (so don't waste time on things I don't like), and my wife and I are in the best shape of our lives. When I used to see an older guy driving a fancy sports car, I used to think: Mid life crisis. Now, I realize that is the age when most people actually have enough disposable income and free time to actually be able to buy things like that. :laugh:

Of course there are some downsides. A few years ago my eyesight started getting worse (although still not to the point where I need glasses), I have to watch what I eat more (although I had to do that starting in my late 20s), and when I get injured/sore from doing something new physically, it takes 2-3x longer to recover.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
When I was younger, I dreaded getting older. Now, I enjoy, and might even say embrace it. I have more disposable income now to do the things I like, more free time, travel a lot more, more varied interests than when I was younger, more life experience, know what I like and don't like (so don't waste time on things I don't like), and my wife and I are in the best shape of our lives. When I used to see an older guy driving a fancy sports car, I used to think: Mid life crisis. Now, I realize that is the age when most people actually have enough disposable income and free time to actually be able to buy things like that. :laugh:

Of course there are some downsides. A few years ago my eyesight started getting worse (although still not to the point where I need glasses), I have to watch what I eat more (although I had to do that starting in my late 20s), and when I get injured/sore from doing something new physically, it takes 2-3x longer to recover.

Yeah, I don't mind getting older at all....I do hate that recovery is much more of a lengthy proposition.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

Yep yep yep. Fellow oldster agreeing with much of this. Gets harder to maintain yr shape and recovery takes longer. And realizing that the onset of any health issues are likely not things that you'll just shrug off one day.

But...having kickstarted a workout plan about a year ago, I can say that at this age I'm happier with the changes I'm able to notice in that one year than I ever was with any workouts/exercise when I was younger.

Now if I could just get these damn kids off my lawn...

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Guess I'll get in and introduce myself, too.

Name: John
Where You're From: Raleigh
Where You Live Now: Raleigh
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Mode of Transportation: Mazda 3
What brought you to HF Boards: Needed to get my hockey fix
How you became a hockey fan: playing street then ice hockey and going to games
How you became a Canes fan: Been a fan since a can remember which is around the time of the '02 run
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Faulk, Lindholm and the Hurricanes Force ghosts of Tuomo Ruutu, Alexander Semin, and Lawson Crouse
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Jaromir Jagr, Henrik Lundqvist
Other Sports You Like: soccer, football, basketball
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: UNC, Panthers, Hornets
College Attended/Attending: UNC Chapel Hill
Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): NHL, GTA, Smash Bros, Total War
Music You Listen To: Really just a little bit of everything
Favorite Movie(s): Blade Runner, Total Recall (90s), also liked the new Mad Max and Jurassic World
Favorite Book(s): Everything I read in school
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Thai
Favorite TV Show(s): Simpsons, King of the Hill, Game of Thrones, True Detective, Star Trek, and a few classics like Hogan's Heroes, Andy Griffith
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Red Brind'Amour and Alt. personal

HurricaneMurkyMurk

Aug 10, 2015
Cameron, NC
yo yo yo
Name: Mark
Where You're From: Cameron, North Carolina
Where You Live Now: Cameron, North Carolina
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Mode of Transportation: Pink Razor Scooter
Job: Being in my dads Gardening Business
What brought you to HF Boards: Searched up "Hockey Forum" and this came up
How you became a hockey fan: My parents, in NC Canes and Panthers are the subject in everything.
How you became a Canes fan: I've lived in NC my whole life watching them
Favorite Cane's Player(s): Jeff Skinner, all time Rod Brind'Amour
Favorite NON Cane's Player(s): Jeromier Jagr , all time Mark Messier
Other Sports You Like: Football, Basketball.
Other Sports Teams You Cheer For: North Carolina, Panthers, Hornets
Video Game Systems Owned: Gamecube, Ps3, Ps4
Favorite Game(s): NHL,GTA,Last Of Us
Music You Listen To: Green Day, Sum 41, Sublime, Fall out boy.
Favorite Movie(s): Rocky, Spongebob movie, Big Hero 6, etc.
Favorite Book(s): Goosebumps, Breaking the Code
Favorite Food(s): Mexican, Italian.
Favorite TV Show(s): Dexter, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Orange is the new black.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe:Jeff Skinner Black, JS Red, Eric Staal, Jordan Staal, Justin Faulk, Cam Ward Camo. CW Black

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad